Texture and asset loading issues after 2.4.4 - PS4Pro/PS5/Base PS4

From reading other threads, it appears the Garbage Collector is too aggressive.

The discoloration in the textures is due to bad lossy compression. FC should switch to lossless compression.

3 Likes

Do siptah has the same grafical issues?

2 Likes

Si, siptah tiene los mismos problemas graficos.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they try to troubleshoot the connections. Has funcom no PlayStation to test before releasing or was this OK for the release? I can not believe they have a special PlayStation that works fine with this update.
On the other hand I don’t see anyone reporting issues with invisible thralls, grafic and sound on Xbox forum.
Is it becouse the Xboxes has more power?
At the moment I don’t read that funcom is working on it. The only thing I saw is that they said check your connections… While players report that this happens offline too there was no reaction.
Maybe i am too impatient but I was waiting for over an half year for fixing the pvec issue than I decided one month ago to play pve and now again a game breaker.
The rendering makes head pain ‘only’ but the invisible enemies makes the game unplayable for me.
In the last half year I spent more time in this forum reading and waiting for good news than I was playing Conan.
I am slowly losing my hope

11 Likes

Such graphics much wow

12 Likes

Hello ConanBoDk,

my opinion is that the ps4 has enough power for the game that it showed before the last patch. And I also think that funcom has a ps4 to test it, I assume, however, that the appointment for the ps store was more important than quality assurance.

Actually i expected an apology for the disastrous patch, instead of it, it’s a shame that the texture streaming and other bugs are now being pushed onto the players because of a poor internet connection or a broken download. But i have hope! :slightly_smiling_face:

It took me a day to create a video and translate the text into English, which proves exactly the opposite, as I play solo offline - there wasn’t even a reaction to this thread.I think conan exiles is good and like to play it, but at the moment i’m just sad about how the game is on the console at the moment, and how funcom deals with this problem.
I’m thinking about freeing 120giga on my hard drive the whole time, but then conan comes and whispers in my ear, Hah!, Yumi - Time enough for the earth in the grave … :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I see it exactly the same.

3 Likes

So I was observing the graphics on Exiled Lands, and it appears the graphics are almost like they use to be before they were nerfed. Idk why, but I noticed in third person (normal) view the graphics (when they eventually load) are extremely high res, like they were a long time ago. I use to only see the high res graphics when I viewed objects in first person. Now, it’s already there. I have a feeling the massive lag and graphic loading comes from the fact that they didn’t compress everything like they thought. Oddly enough, this isn’t really an issue on Siptah. It’s like they did Siptah right. Though, Siptah does have lag and oddities with creatures falling off or through the ground… just not anywhere as bad as EL. Anyway, just my two cents.

4 Likes

A screenshot…

8 Likes

Hey. Just wanted to add my piece to this.

I’m on PS5 and have experienced all of the graphics issues highlighted above.

Glad it’s all been mentioned already! Love this game, but my god does it break the immersion.

7 Likes

The PC players have ini files to modify and fix a few things, like the Garbage Collector and its aggression. We on the playstation have to wait until the next patch.

4 Likes

Same problem… simply impossible to play on PS4… :frowning:

3 Likes

Game mode: [ Online official, Server #3731]
Type of issue: [ Performance ]
Server type : [ PvE ]
Region: [ America ]
Hardware: [ PS4]

Bug Description:

I have noticed several performance hits to the game since the patch. Many have been said above, but I will share what I have observed as well. While the texture quality has increased and looks good when loaded, the following issues far outweigh the visual gains:

1. Increased render times on all models (base pieces, mounts/pets, thralls, and farmable objects like trees and stone. These render items also reset when you move the camera and/or take a few steps, mostly affects the base pieces. The texture details don’t seem to stay in memory very long.

2. Background/high elevation terrain outline is visible in low light conditions. It can be the middle of the night where I can’t see my character without a torch, but I can clearly see the mountains on the horizon plain as day.

3. Inventories at work stations and storage crates take much longer to populate than before the patch.

4. Audio delays when performing actions like harvesting and combat swings. The first 2-3 swings of a pickaxe have no sound, then you finally start to hear the impact on the object. The first couple of strikes on an enemy are also muted.

Expected Behavior:

Expected behavior would be no audio lag, better render times, and readjusting the max distance viewable of the horizon terrain. All of these things were working fine prior to the patch on 5/27. Again, the texture increase is nice, but the cost for it (if it is truly related), is much too high.

Steps to Reproduce:

Just playing the game. I do have a wired connection to my PS4 and my network connectivity has been good. I can’t give an official reading as I’m not at home at present, but if one is required, I can oblige later.

For the developers, I just want to voice that I really enjoy this game. I recently came back to Conan Exiles in early May when I heard Isle of Siptah was coming out. I even sprang for some of the DLC packs so I could have more to build with, and it’s been great, albeit very grindy for gathering building mats, but that’s just part of the experience. This performance hit with the patch is disappointing and it does distract from the game play enjoyment. I’m going to keep plugging along at this time because I’m mostly farming endless building mats to construct my base/keep, and I can still do that despite the performance problems. That being said, I do hope these issues can be resolved in a timely manner. You guys have a good thing going here, but repairs to the performance need to be addressed, and the community needs to be kept in the loop as far as progress on the fixes.

8 Likes

That’s the problem with the Garbage Collector being too aggressive. We still need to point it out to funcom so they can modify the ini files that fix the GC and max objects.

It is a serious downgrade to the way it is set now.

3 Likes

Hi @Community its been a hot minute since anyone from Funcom commented here. Any word on when we can expect a possible fix for these issues? Please keep us in the loop :pray:

8 Likes

It’s kinda weird Funcom isn’t saying anything. Did this kind of problem happened before?
Apparently it’s not everyone with the performance bug. I’ll try to delete and reinstall the game, who knows…

I am having graphics issues (described above) on a PS5.

Gonna keep checking in here until I hear something. This needs a patch for sure. We shouldnt regret updating the game or buying Siptah.

2 Likes

Hey there,

Sorry for the late response. We’ve been kept hot with the recent critical issues on PC.
Regarding PS4 Pro (and standard) streaming issues, we’re aware of this problem as it’s being looked into. There will be more optimizations for consoles and PS4 in particular coming with our next patches and updates.

As a temporary workaround (and general suggestion to improve the experience on the platform), we recommend installing the game on an SSD drive (either internal or external). Most of the issues here reported are caused by the now rather slow stock drives and their speeds. The bump in texture quality caused them to throttle a bit, which is causing most these issues when loading assets.
There’s other issues regarding performance that are also being looked into, but the SSD workaround would iron out at least the most aggravating.

That being said, and to reiterate: we’re aware of this and it is being looked into.

4 Likes

Thanks @Ignasis my butt is off to the store tomorrow for a decent ssd. Anyone have any recommendations for a ps5?? I’m a tech idiot and have no clue :man_shrugging:

1 Like