Texture and asset loading issues after 2.4.4 - PS4Pro/PS5/Base PS4

I also read the PC threads in order to find these little gems.

I’m on xbox one S and the rendering and issues everybody is having on here is the same if not worst… I don’t know why more people in xbox forum aren’t talking about it… the game is unplayable on xbox one S right now. Even in single player the game doesnt render or load npc’s and when it does load npcs they load right on you about 5 of them and kill you

4 Likes

While I wholeheartedly appreciate the opened communication as well as the suggestion to get an SSD for an in-between fix, I just recently bought a new external HD in order to make Exiles fit on my standard PS4’s internal. I’m sure a quick Google check would teach me how SSDs work and are connected, but it’s besides the main point that I would be buying two separate peripherals of not-insignificant price in order to make this game run as intended :confounded:

Hopefully a patch comes soon. Soon, but not so soon it fails to fix all issues/creates new ones :relieved:

3 Likes

it’s a joke that they put as a solution to buy an SSD to improve the game they destroyed with an update that makes it impossible to play on the PS4, everything was fine before the update, the problem is not my PS4, the problem was your work on the update, between spending money on something I don’t need and uninstalling a broken game that the developer doesn’t want to fix, I prefer to uninstall

8 Likes

As I stated above, I am having many of the graphics issues previously described in this thread on a PS5 (with its fancy SSD). Before the recent update, the game was running extremely well on this system.

4 Likes

The developers don’t want to hear it. Only PC and Siptah are their focus right now. We will have to wait the next patch and MAYBE they will fix it.

I have a fairly new Barracuda SSD and siptah is extremly laggy, and invisible enemies can kill you and so on. I have no idea of what the issue is but on the server i play many are complaining about lag.

This needs to be addressed asap since people on console has been waiting for this for a long time, and to tell people to buy a new harddrive for 50-60$ in order to play a game thats releases for their console as a “work-around” thats not good FunCom…

Basicly, if you want to play siptah on console you need to buy the game for 20$ and a new drive for 60$ and re-download and install everything again and hopefully you will be able to play isle of siptah…

In addition to this, IF you dont know how to replace a fully working but old harddrive that will cost you aswell

Gz, this should be addressed with a high prio and a fix should be pushed out asap.

I mean Conan is a great game, but if i would need to spend 100$ + just to play siptah, i honestly rather stick GT Sport

And i have a 300$ wheel that i bought, but i COULD just play GT Sport with my controller that was included with my ps4…

4 Likes

No still on ps4 here Darkzombie. I am holding off on a couple of things, such as a couple more titles which interest me becoming available (Theres one so far), and a larger internal memory mainly. But also less of a hassle trying to actually get hold of one in terms of availability.

3 Likes

I play on server 3516 all same errors. invible guys ,texture horible ,game very laggy,pets with no stripes or spots,cant use my two handed sword .Only can do light attacks.I play with 4 friends all have same issues .We were gonna buy new expansion but now instead thinking of quitting.Game is unplayable.All we do is collect mats near base.We get killed by invible guys. hopin they will repair soon cause all 4 of us r about to quit.

3 Likes

I’m also noticing more and more lag on siptah. I’m on 8058 and npcs are getting heavy latency. They’re rubberbanding and falling off cliffs and stuff regularly. If it wasn’t for my sabertooth pet that can see them when they’re lagged, I’d likely be dead several times over.

3 Likes

So… Today is Saturday, I had plans on turning on my PlayStation and there it would be, a glorious hotfix update for Conan Exiles, but there was nothing. I come back to the forums and see the same discussions, but hey, someone from Funcom remembered we exist. What did they said? “Buy a SSD and MAYBE you can play the game”. Well, thank you, I uninstalled the game and recommend you guys doing the same. Spend your time and money in a game that actually works.
In the Xbox forum they are having the same issues and no one from Funcom answered.
For those who will keep trying to contact the devs to fix the game, I wish you luck!

4 Likes

Hi Ignasis I play on PS5 with fast internet and I’m also having this problem maybe not as bad as the ps4 owners but still bad just last night I was killed by 4 invisible npc that I only saw after I died.

The game use to run amazingly smooth granted it still does (at times) but most of the times the texture of my pets (the red demon dog) blots out for a few seconds.

The SSD of a ps5 should be very fast so if there something I did incorrectly that may have caused this, because before the last update I didn’t have this problem…

5 Likes

Odd, textures are about the only thing working better for me since last 2 “updates”, lighting is making eveyone blonde and everything else is broken and unuseable, but they look nice.

I did install an internal SSD.
didn’t help.
the water in rivers is also brown now, btw

3 Likes

To be fair he said that this is not a solution just a workaround.
That’s how the mods try to help us while they waiting for more info’s. If this is the only answer they get from the devs at the moment it is good to share this with us. The other option is silence.

But I understand also every anger about this game and the situations how they handle it.

It was a nice game… But to much goes wrong and it really makes more anger than fun for me.

3 Likes

Lag is getting significantly worse on Siptah. Idk what’s happening, but I’m dying due to it now.

Hello Dzonatas,

after examining your image through my magic magnifying glass, i was able to identify the fault -
it is definitely Thor who got lost in the universe and is angry because of it, and with his mighty
hammer he created fog and turned the country into an ugly country!

I hope i can help funcom through this incredible discovery to eliminate the problem that thor is,
but be careful of his hammer!!

tho_r

… hard times, need a little fun, Yumi :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Exiled lands are pretty terrible right now. I went on single player/co op on siptah and was presently surprise. It was running smooth and outside of the contrast being a bit to high it looked great. However, after just a few days I started noticing lag, texture issues and invisible npcs. What in the actual F##ck is with this company? Hard to believe they didn’t see all of these issues in testing.

2 Likes

I play on a PS4 Pro, hard wired, external SSD, internal SSD, and the actual game disc.
We are also on an official server.

2.3 slowed the render time for builds. It was fine, but I had to wait a minute or so for the base to fully render, or at least for a door to appear.

2.4 slowed it even further. This is 5 minutes after I arrived

For the past week, I haven’t done much online. I have just run around a little. Several times I have run up on the edge of where the map has yet to render. I did it twice on horseback, so I tried to just run. It didn’t help.

This is on the river running east to the Sentinels

This is running west towards the Ward Towers

Not only am I waiting for buildings and the actual freaking map to render, NPCs aren’t rendering. I have been killed 4 times today. I’ve never died four times in the same month. The people I play are usually surprised when I say I was killed.

Three times, I was pinned against some structure I couldn’t see, attacked by NPCs I couldn’t see. Once, at the south jungle obelisk, I went to fight the panthers, and my axe never appeared in my hand. I was holding my hand out like I had it, but it never appeared, and I couldn’t attack. Add to that the panthers glitching around from spot to spot without moving, and 6 bleed gets to be a problem. Even the gorillas got in on the stutter moves.

The game also freezes whenever I run up on a build. I have regained the ability to move just in time to be attacked by things I normally ignore.

I lost a thrall from a build. She was stationed inside. When I went to investigate, all 5 thralls from the inside were outside, having moved on their own. This is happening all over the map. I find thralls have moved to new locations.

@Hugo @Ignasis , this is a serious issue. The last patch renders the game no fun. If I’m not having fun, I’m not playing. At best, I can run to my bases and reset the timer, but that’s it.
I will do that because our clan has almost three years on the server. We have amassed quite a bit of stuff.

I hate the overuse of “unplayable”, but this last patch brought us to it.

4 Likes

Welcome to the party lol. Having all the same issues. 4 or 5 tries to equip a weapon, tool or shield is the latest one I’ve come across. For a few days I was able to ignore most of it because I was just experimenting with the new building pieces from siptah but once I got out into the world and started “playing” the game it truly is a unplayable mess right now.