Thank you, Funcom

I read this as “Battle of Macross”.

I was disappointed.

Just out of curiosity: how do you define “the only major PVP community”? What makes them more major than other PVP communities?

Я бы сказала, что это вообще единственное пвп сообщество в игре. Здесь собраны почти все активные и не очень пвп игроки. Работает тренинговый сервер, на постоянной основе проводятся турниры. Сервер Dogs of the Desert на данный момент является одним из самых популярных серверов, на котором играют сильнейшие кланы. Думаю, этого вполне достаточно для подобранного мной определения. Я удовлетворила ваше любопытство?)

Hello pro, no that’s not the only thing he does. If he did he would most likely do some misstakes. But he does it correct all the time. You can also see when he does it the speed of the cancelling is to fast than if he did it normally. A lot of people is using macros.

I personally know several people who participated in this tournament and did not even hide that they use a macro. You can continue to rely on your eyesight)))) There is a ready-made solution to this problem, which was sent to the developers for consideration. But whether something will be done is a question.

How do you know? Have you gone through official and private PVP servers to assess their communities, or is this simply the only one you know about?

I have enough experience in this game, I have played on almost all private pvp servers and know many large clans on of. Or can you tell me at least one other pvp community like Dogs of the Desert?

thinking is always useful)

I know Heda personally and she is indeed part of one of the biggest active EU/RU PvP communities which has more than 1500 members. I know that a large portion of the said community does not support the use of macros as they take away the “skill” factor in the fight. Why train and practice, if you can just press a button and execute the combo flawlessly every single time.

This is something that people don’t particularly mind. It is not the type of animation cancel which causes problems when used with a macro.

The majority of the balancing issues come from the offhand animation cancel and there is a large portion of the pvp community who wouldn’t mind keeping equip/unequip but removing the ability to animation cancel with offhand (throwing axes, ropes, shields) or introducing some limitations to it.

Sprint attacks are also not working as intended either with the ability to spam them with rolls, kicks, etc.

P.S.

Sadly the forums are not a place where you can have a constructive discussion.

1 Like

I wish I could share with you what I know is being worked on but I can’t at this stage because I am part of the “premium” group.

This is something which we would like to see as well, our suggestion was to be able to change the keybind for the sprint attack in order to avoid accidentally using it when you don’t want to.

In PvE might be fine because the AI is pretty basic. However, it will slow down PvP by a lot and combined with the lag and desync, it will simply make it less enjoyable and less skill based.

2 Likes

This is simply not true though and I am not saying it just to disagree with you, it is really not true. The group is quite diverse and we often disagree between each other. Sometimes we anticipate a problem, we share it with the developers but they decide to go ahead with their idea because they want to receive further feedback on it from the forums. An example was IoS release, some of us liked it, some of us didn’t. The developers didn’t change it to what the “special group” wanted. They released it, they got feedback on it from all of you people and they made adjustments.

The difference is that there is not a single forum topic where a civil discussion can be held without the topic being derailed, personal attacks exchanged and tantrums thrown. I personally don’t participate in forum discussions for that reason alone. This however, doesn’t mean that I am not following them. I am sure that the forums could be much more useful and the game in a much better state if people could eliminate their emotions and try to find solutions which work for all, not only for themselves.

EDIT: To further support my point. Take the profile of Ignasis being one of our community managers. He has over 85k read posts which proves that they do read the feedback:

1 Like

I wish I had this power, telling the developers what I want and them following up on it. You can speculate as much as you want, I have no reason to lie to you so either take my word for it or leave it :slight_smile:

Btw you are welcome to join Dogs of the Desert premium private discord:

1 Like

I can’t win with you, people would always assume the worse no matter what the truth is. I will no longer derail the topic, apologies, I will go back to reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can rework the mechanics so that when you get a rope or a hatchet, the animation of the weapon in the other hand does not stop. If developers can’t or don’t want to do this, then server administrators can prohibit stopping the weapon-pulling animation. A lot of not very smart people write that it is easy to do it with your hands. But it doesn’t matter very easy, easy, medium, hard or very hard. What difference does it make what the difficulty level is? Macros can still do this, and macros make it easier. Because of this, the PVP system deteriorates. Because most often macros are used with a one-handed sword, and this is the most broken weapon in the game. Constant teleportation, attraction, strange animation of blows. That’s the problem.

1 Like

It is not a feasible solution and it is very hard to police unless you forbid the use of any offhand with 1h weapons.

Agreed. The sword spam is a bit excessive.

I don’t do it in PvE, didn’t even know you can. I do not care for animation cancel, more fun to do combat normally.

And I do both thrall and non-thrall combat. Sometimes I go solo, sometimes I take an army of thralls (with more followers mod) whilst I stand at the back barking out orders.

That’s the beauty of offline PvE. I can play the game my way, how I enjoy it. No one around to tell me what the “correct” way of playing the game is. My rules, my playstyle, my fun…

2 Likes

yes… you can make mistakes with your hands, the macro never makes mistakes)

I agree to the point, that Funcom does its fair share. But lets be honest here for a minute. Your so called major pvp community consists from people refusing to accept any form of rules on the pvp servers they are playing on. I will not call names here, because thats forbidden. But I know a lot of people showing in this video. Played with them on servers where they showed the pvp community what they really are. Worst kind of people I have ever met. Be it using exploits, be it undermeshing, be it harrasing people, be it duping. Name it they did it and they did it without any remorse. This guys do not know boundaries and its their fault that the pvp community got such a bad reputation over time. Because they don´t know when to stop. Their ego is often much bigger then their actual skill. They don´t care about the game or if they destroy the experience for other players. They are messed up junkies. And they don´t care what they have to do to get their next dose of heroin, as long as they get it.

You clearly dont know then how macro looks like.

Makes me Really sad see this kind of Posts.

Macros always been in Conan and always will be as far there is competition low skilled players will try to keep up with the high skill ones and end up making their macros.

Unfortunately not much can be done.
But some of us will always be thinking how to fix.
Creating Macros to try to show it can be done as well is as low as the ones using them.

As allot people don’t actually uses macros.
We can’t 100% accuse someone of such things.

Attacking each others with out proves is just a Lost Battle and Waste of Time.

who plays this game for pve? That’s so ignorant post…