The Bloodbath - Fury's First Seasonal Minigame Tournament

The Bloodbath: Fury’s First Seasonal Minigame Tournament

Hey everybody! Today I’m introducing The Bloodbath - a 3 month seasonal minigame tournament exclusive to the Fury(PvP) server . The purpose of The Bloodbath is to promote the use of tournament mode minigames as well as celebrate the beautiful combat system in AoC that creates the best MMO PvP to date. With help from AndyB, we’re going to make this experience rewarding, competitive, and most important, fun. This tournament will begin with the merger between Saga and Fury, and resume every 4 months, giving a month of down time between seasons.

Build your team!

In order to participate, you must first gather a party of 6 players. You must them register your team with MaStygga on the forums, or Nickromanzer in game. I will then update this thread (see posts below) with the current participating teams for all to view. Please include your group members’ character names, their classes, and their guild, as well as who the team captain is. The captain will be held responsible for providing screenshots detailing the results of the minigames every week. Please also include your team name! Registration begins the FEBRUARY 19th and lasts one week.

For example, registering a team might look like this:

Hi bro,

Registering TEAM TANK

• Guise, guardian, Straight outta Khopshef
  • Osid, conqueror, Reincarnation (CAPTAIN)
  • Yoshiee, conqueror, unguilded
  • Wallace, guardian, Primal Instinct
  • Camney, bear shaman, Straight outta Khopshef
  • Mithic, guardian, Big Baller Brand.
  • Argorus, Dark Templar, unguilded (SUBSTITUTE)
  • Getspanked, Conqueror, unguilded (SUBSTITUTE)

Please note - each team is limited to 8 players - 6 main players and 2 substitutes. Teams are not forced to have substitutes. If someone can no longer participate, please contact me with their replacement!

Each character is permitted to be on only one team as a main player.

The Format

The format of this minigame tournament will be a seasonal win-loss record, with playoffs determined by win rate at the end of the season. Ties will be decided by a tiebreaker series.

Every Monday, each team will be given one or two other teams they must play before Sunday at 11:59 PST, along with a tournament official to send their results to. It is up to the players to work out their time differences and find a time that works for both teams – I strongly suggest weekends if NA and European teams are matched up. If the teams cannot find a team period that works for both, contact a tourney admin.

Each team then competes in a best of 3 set of minigames. The rules of these minigames are a little different though: Victory is determined by whoever has more kills when the game ends. That means that if you’re behind in kills, but cap the flag 3 times, you do not win the game. However, if you’re winning in kills, and then cap the skull or finish the game, you win!

After the games are played, each team captain is responsible for screenshotting the results of each game, and sending them to their assigned tournament administrator on the forums. Both captains are strongly suggested to record the outcomes of each game. If one team does not show up at the time the two teams agreed upon, that team is given a loss.

Map Pool
Every first game in each best of 3 is to be played on Hallowed Vaults. The losing captain chooses the next map.

Playoffs

At the end of 8 weeks, playoffs will determine which teams make it into the finals. The top 50% of teams will be invited to play in an end-of-season bracket. This bracket is single elimination BO3, with the games from the semi-finals onward being BO5.

REWARDS

Alright, now we’re getting to the good stuff.

There are a couple tiers of rewards:

At the end of the season, as long as your team has shown up for 85% of your games, you will receive the following:

• 500 Atlantean shards
  • 10g
  • 25,000 PvP xp consumable item

Teams that place into the tourney brackets immediately are boosted up a tier. They receive the following rewards:

• 700 Atlantean shards
  • 20g
  • 25,000 PvP xp consumable item

Teams that place 2nd and 3rd place receive the following:

• 1000 Atlantean shards
  • 40g
  • 25,000 PvP xp consumable

The winners receive the following:

• 1350 Atlantean shards
  • 80g
  • 25,000 PvP xp consumable

Team Composition Recommendation
While any team can be viable, it is important to stick to a couple of fundamentals:

• Try your best to have at least 1 healer. The best compositions generally have two unique healer types.
  • Try to have at least 1 mage for the mage shield.
  • Melees are an important part of any team. They are necessary to push casters and punish greedy plays. Try to get at least two on your team!
  • Build synergy: Teams with a lot of synergy outperform those with none. Try to have teams where overlapping debuffs ensure increased damage. For example, HoX, Demo, and ToS all have debuffs that can be used to buff each other’s damage.

Free Agents
While we’d prefer everyone to sign up with a team, if you do not have a team please provide your name and you will be listed as a free agent. Please contact other free agents to create a team!

Free agents may substitute in for players during the matches if a team is missing players at their designated play time.

Etiquette
Additionally, while it is not possible for me to police this, I have to strongly discourage using store-bought potions and gold pots. I wish I could disable and monitor this, but I cannot. Please be respectful of the enemy team and disable some of these very OP potions if you are running them. Additionally, please avoid using the Rune of the Exile; this rune is bonkers insanely good and gives a huge advantage.

Before each game, each the captains should try to come to an agreement about what runes, consumables, etc. are allowed in the minigame. If no agreement can be reached, the following rules are put in place:

• Exile rune DISABLED
  • T5 runes DISABLED
  • No consumables other than DAGGAMALT, SWEETPRESSED HASTE, MOONSPILL

TIES
Should a tie occur, the game must be replayed, same map.

Tourney Admins
The following players may be contacted to settle disputes, ask questions, etc. Each name below also has their respective timezone:

• Styggaboy - North America
  • Guise - North America
  • More to come…

Website
Link to come

Discord

THANKS!
Huge thanks to AndyB for agreeing to sponsor and help reward players in this event!

Questions?
Please send me a direct message with any questions!

12 Likes

REGISTERED TEAMS

Night Watch
Tymmi, Demonologist - Night Watch (Captain)
Allandir, Assassin - Night Watch
Svarttsynn, Assassin - Night Watch
Birzum, Bear Shaman - Night Watch
Hercynia, Tempest of Set - Night Watch
Ubermileyy, Priest of Mitra - Night Watch
Whineje, Dark Templar - Nigth Watch
Skarzysko , Conqueror - Night Watch

United SEXY Boys
Slovos, Conqueror - USB (Captain)
Nabsin, Assassin - USB
Heber, Bear Shaman - USB
Fuss, Tempest of Set - USB
Deadlyhugz, Necromancer - USB
Plagius, Herald of Xotli - USB
Nursebetty, Priest of Mitra - USB
Borboro, Barbarian - USB

Blacklist
Bible, Priest of Mitra - United Sexy Boys (Captain)
Skoped, Ranger - Kill or be Killed
Barillo, Herald of Xotli - Kill or be killed
Alaric, Conqueror - Kill or be Killed
Renzi, Demonoligist - United Sexy Boys
Zbeldia, Tempest of Set - United Sexy Boys
Nattinatt, Necromancer - Barbaric Warriors
Unsain, Bear Shaman - Night Watch

Vendetta 1
Rakyr
Itanhox
Lornzz
Deukalipom (Captain)
Darkmyr
Ennzo
Nobody
Deukalian

Vendetta 2
Reikur
Norvege
Deukalia (Captain)
Legolah
Durien
Tanngo
Crazyearth
Shandical

Big Ballers
Beargasm, Bear Shaman - Big Baller Brand
Camney, Bear Shaman - Big Baller Brand
Guise, Guardian - Big Baller Brand
Problems, Barbarian - Big Baller Brand
Bloodvax, Priest of Mitra - Big Baller Brand
Nickromanzer, Necromancer - Big Baller Brand (Captain)
Blaze, Demonologist - Night Watch
(Backup) Kokuru , Assassin - Big Baller Brand

Baby Back Ballers
Osid, Conqueror - Reincarnation (Captain)
Wallace, Guardian - Big Baller Brand
Chiefquueef, Assassin - Big Baller Brand
Spreadman, Bear Shaman - Back Door Blasters
Ssaucier, Tempest of Set - Big Baller Brand
Dixinormous, Priest of Mitra - Big Baller Brand
(BACKUP) Yoshiee, Conqueror - Big Baller Brand
(BACKUP) Eboladix, Demonologist - Big Baller Brand

The Ivory Tower
Darklurvi - Bear Shaman (CAPTAIN)
Shainah - Guardian
sayonnara- Conqueror
Firepowah- Demo
Aykamra - Necromancer
Drekus -Priest of Mitra
Snubler - Tempest of Set
Tyyrbarb - Barbarian

VoteKick
Andromaeda, Assassin (Captain)
Doahardreset, HoX
Trulyalya, Demo
Bragy, Conq
Sxxukkdeluxx, Guard
Ять, ToS
Bearing, BS
Wannaheal, PoM

FREE AGENTS

Fatpom: Priest of Mitra
Gorezoobeeah: Demo
Opasniy: Demonologist
Ithriana: Necro
Iolagi: Ranger
Anton:Necro
Arzachel: sin
Calore: Demo
Liquidblack: Demonologist
Zeldia: Ranger
Chocofluffs: Barbarian
Barbalatko: Necromancer
Notarius: Ranger
Raqattack: Priest of Mitra
Badtos: Tempest of Set
Tiamel: Dark Templar
Ptah: Tempest of Set
Lanfear: Demonologist
Monst: Necromancer
Sleves: Dark Templar
Tempress: Tempest of Set
Solutions: Barbarian
Khatiman: Dark Templr
Korand: Bear Shaman
Compliment: Demonologist
Amneru: Conquerer
Otaraphim- Dark Templar
Arnav: Bear Shaman
Ramblee: Dark Templar
Batushka: Priest of Mitra
Dragonsoul: Barbarian
Dwwgbatrophy: Assassin
Aykamra: Necromancer
Osid, Conqueror
Wallace, Guardian - Big Baller Brand
Chiefquueef, Assassin
Spreadman, Bear Shaman
Ssaucier, Tempest of Set
Dixinormous, Priest of Mitra
Yoshiee, Conqueror
Eboladix, Demonologist
Shanzul: Priest of Mitra
Midian: Demonologist
Drgo: Bear Shaman
Sheogowrath: Dark Templar
Panthara: Demonologist
Regeconq: Conqueror
Battlenurse: Priest of Mitra
Tahisja: Bear Shaman
Epunamun: Barbarian

MATCHUPS
Week One (3/10/2019 - 3/18/2019)
Vendetta 1 vs. Big Baller Brand: 2-1 Vendetta 1 victory
Vendetta 2 vs. Baby Ballers: 2-0 Vendetta 2 victory
USB vs. Night Watch: 2-0 Night Watch victory
BlackList vs VoteKick: Votekick 2-0 victory

Week Two (3/18/2019-3/26/2019)
Big Baller Brand vs. Night Watch: Night watch 2-1 victory
Baby Ballers vs BlackList : blacklist 2-0 victory
Votekick vs. Ivory Tower : Ivory Tower 2-0 victory
USB vs. Vendetta 2: USB 2-0 Victory

Week Three (3/26/2019 - 4/3/2019)
Big Ballers vs. Blacklist - Blacklist no-show. Bible, this is the third week in a row you’ve had scheduling issues, and to top it off, you did not even show up at the 19 CET time you rescheduled to 18h before we were to play our games. You essentially wasted the time of the entire BBB team, so I am giving you a loss. Hopefully this motivates you to do a better job coordinating with your team and your opponents.

USB vs. Ivory Tower: Ivory Tower 2-0 Victory (with a tie)
Vendetta 1 vs. Night Watch: Night Watch 2-0 Victory
Vendetta 2 vs. Votekick: Votekick 2-0 Victory

Week Four(4/1/2019 - 4/8/2019)
Big Ballers vs Baby Ballers:: Big Baller WALKOVER
USB vs. Blacklist: USB 2-0 Victory
Vendetta 1 vs. Vendetta 2: Vendetta 1 Walkover Victory
Ivory Tower vs. Night Watch: Ivory Tower 2-0 Victory

Week Five: (4/9/2019-4/16-2019)
Big Ballers vs. VoteKick: Big Ballers 2-0 victory
Baby Ballers vs. Night Watch: Night Watch 2-0 victory
USB vs Vendetta 1: USB 2-0 Victory
Ivory Tower vs. Vendetta 2: 2-0 Ivory Tower victory

Week Six: (4/22/2019 - 4/29/2019)
Vendetta 2 vs. Big Ballers: Big Ballers 2-0 Victory
Vendetta 1 vs. Baby Ballers: Vendetta 1 Victory: Walkover
Night Watch vs VoteKick: Night Watch 2-0 Victory
Blacklist vs Ivory Tower: Ivory Tower 2-0 Victory

Week Seven: (4/30/2019 - 5/7/2019)
Big Ballers vs Ivory Tower: Ivory Tower 2-0 Victory
VoteKick vs USB: USB 2-1 Victory
Vendetta 2 vs Night Watch: Night Watch 2-0 Victory
Vendetta 1 vs Blacklist: Blacklist Walkover Victory

Final Weeks: (5/7/2019 - 5/23/2019)
Hey all! We have to start wrapping up the league format so that we can do the final game and then send AndyB the results for reward distribution. In order to try to wrap this up, I’m going to post the remaining matchups for each team. These need to be completed within two weeks. Additionally, all games that have not been played will count as a loss for both teams if I do not hear from at least one team captain about the status of the matches.

The reason that teams have an uneven number of games played is due to the Baby Baller team dropping out. When they dropped out, I awarded everyone a victory to offset the fact that some teams had already played and won against them. Because some teams had not already played against them, and sat out, they have a greater number of games to be played.

At the end of the tournament, each team should have 7 games played not including the games played vs. Baby Ballers.

STATS
Vendetta 1: 3-5
Vendetta 2: 1-7
Night Watch: 7-1
Big Ballers: 5-3
Baby Ballers: 0-8
USB: 5-3
VoteKick: 4-4
Blacklist: 3-5
Ivory Tower: 8-0

Playoffs

Semifinals
Ivory Tower vs VoteKick: Ivory Tower 3-0
USB vs Night Watch: Night Watch 3-0

Finals
Ivory Tower vs Night Watch: Ivory Tower 4-0 Victory

3rd Place Match
VoteKick vs. USB: VoteKick 3-1 Victory

Congratulations Ivory Tower for the flawless season. Well played and deserves!

Sounds cool, good luck!

Here we go!

This should be very nice. There’s 2 things that should be addressed though.

1. What should happen if one team has a crash/disconnect.
  2. Please NO BR. That map promotes way too of a campy playstyle to be in the map pool.

Will update thread. Thanks for bringing these up.

Sounds really fun, keep it up!

very nice, and good luck…

no class stacking limitations? 2x conq is problematic… people will just roll noobs with some cheese like that, it doesn’t fit the image of FUN

most fun setups are complex ones all in 1x6 where its hard to predict balance! at the very least put a tank(or a conq-exclusive)-stacking limitation, just to avoid the conq situation. barbs are maybe considered better pushers and roamers, but they don’t have auto-retributive thing + large aoe flag, which is the main issue IMO when stacked

also inb4 the t5 hox 12 sec++ dot teamwipes that you have no way to counter (demon form + anti-CC = full CC immunity) in a close quarter team fight

anyways, I understand you don’t want to keep track or make it more troublesome to make this happen, but if you don’t want to put any limitations, let’s see how “fun” it will be :stuck_out_tongue:

ppl will get stomped harder and quit sooner

1 Like

This is a great idea I love premades best part of the game in my opinion.
I just am wondering what this turnout will be like I feel like most the population is in crom that’s the pvpers I’m talking about most of us moved there a long time ago. Yea funcom are definitely backing this idea because now we all have to pay money to go back to fury.

1 Like

This is amazing. I really hope my schedule allows me to be part of this (I work every Sat night est).

• The fattest Pom.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Currently, I am not going to put any limitations on class stacking: we’ll see how this first season turns out first.

Additionally, while it is not possible for me to police this, I have to strongly discourage using store-bought potions and gold pots. I wish I could disable and monitor this, but I cannot. Please be respectful of the enemy team and disable some of these very OP potions if you are running them.

I understand most the population is on crom, but I am hoping this event bolsters the PvP representation of AOC given the huge amount of Atlantean shards awarded simply for participating, combined with the fact this should be a LOT more fun than raidfinder.

5 Likes

A double conq team would be a terrible idea anyways.

• Lacks CC depth
  • Easy to counter CC
  • Easy to kite around
  • Leave the other 4 players on the team easy targets
  • They aren’t even any big baller conqs out there anyways. Stack away.
1 Like

don’t agree with all of that @BigBallerBrand , anyways… leave that one be for now

Hope people will make teams for this. I might. but I can’t say for sure as of now =)

also, 25k exp skull as reward seems a bit odd when most toons are already pvp 10?

Not everyone who participates will be pvp10- it’s more of an incentive for lower PvP levels to join in. I am hoping that the atlantean shards also incentivize both PvE and PvP focused players to join in.

I would strongly suggest trying to get a team together!

2 Likes

It’s cool that you guys got funcom to agree to this. Those rewards are a very nice incentive. even though I fear it might be “too little too late”. I might even go as far as to come back to aoc even if just for this event. big maybe… I don’t see any real teams forming though and class stacking is definitely going to be an issue as Lurvi stated.

I will watch with varying interest to see how this event develops. cheers.

Registration doesn’t start until the 19th. I am sure teams will form. Everyone loves their atlantean shards.

We’ll see what happens with class stacking. I don’t envision it being any worse than what used to happen with double guardian back on Tyranny.

1 Like