The Bloodbath - Fury's First Seasonal Minigame Tournament

I can see an argument for avoiding +0.5 scores in the scoreboards, as ties likely are rare - therefore becoming a lucky advantage for the teams getting them, effectively becoming wins if no other teams have ties. (kind of unfair for one match to hand out 2 points to the scoreboard)

so yeah.game 4 I guess it’ll have to be.

agree on this, in your case here, game should go to winner of the 1st match (it reflects the BO3 model)

there isn’t a need to replay anything, only that if there is no winner after game 3 go to a game 4 (but can be done another day)

Week Four(4/1/2019 - 4/8/2019)
Big Ballers vs Baby Ballers
USB vs. Blacklist
Vendetta 1 vs. Vendetta 2
Ivory Tower vs. Night Watch
VoteKick will sit out this week.

This should be interesting.

what about other results on this week? I`ve seen only ITvsUSB screens

You’re on the NW team right? How’d your match go this week? Our opponent was a no show

nah, i`m on IT grp

They asked us to delay it, hopefully we’ll play the games this week.

We have some ideas for next season- Namely, using the Kesh City arena so that people can spectate. A good idea, I think, would be to take the round-based approach of the kesh city arena (where every player has one life) and apply it to arenas we create in the open world. However, I think we’d have to place restrictions on classes if we used the Kesh city arena- there is literally nothing to LoS around, making certain classes (ranger, demo, necro) incrediby powerful.

Alternatively, the open world arenas would be cool, but susceptible to outside elements (imagine bibiri or gnkrsaurus popping in and ruining a match).

This idea of using kesh arena would be great to make some smaller encounters possible as well, like 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5.
If going wild we could even go 2v2v2, but that might end up in a stale…

I really prefer a lot minigames maps. Much more tactic: you can create los and use different approaches than simple open spaces. For spectators, someone can just stream or record matches.

To vary the approach, we could play flag caps instead of Deathmatch, and put more class restriction.

It’s subjective preference indeed

1 Like

If we would be using any sort of arena, there has to be a way to break LOS or having more firepower usually just results in a win.
I mean hell even in mini maps best comp is to have x6 ranged classes… preferably x6 pom and gg

Arena could work if it’s only melees participating I guess. But otherwise yeah, balance will be a mess. We need pillars and such (see WoW arenas for example).

I will say that I would love to see a form of competitive 2v2, 3v3 (or even 4v4, 5v5…) in AoC though. You have no idea how disappointed I was when pit master arena turned out to be only 1v1 (it’s also a very bland map with no way of LOS’ing).

I don’t like streaming too much with my current connection, it’s not quite fast enough yet that I don’t notice the impact (especially true when playing on US servers from EU). I am making local recordings however (when I remember to, at least) so I will put some of the games on Youtube later on.

Yeah, when we all came back to the game we were really surprised the pit was exclusively a dueling setup. Was a great opportunity for smaller group organized PvP.

I have the same concerns about the arena format, and using the Kesh arena. It just sucks because the Kesh arena is the only place that has the mechanic built-in. I think the best way to implement the arena format would probably be something like an open-world area is chosen as the “arena” and then a referee must attend every match to keep track of scores and make sure the match isn’t interrupted or disturbed.

My main concern with playing flags is just the flag bug. We’ve already seen a tie game in the minigame tournament, and it would really suck if games were determined by something like who got the flag bugged more/less in an incredibly close game.

At the end of the season I’ll make a poll to see what the community wants to do next, but I think there are issues which must be resolved with every format.

What would be more fun and inclusive is if we all agree to fight in pvp t1 gear. It would be interesting to see how good people really are when they don’t have gear as a crutch

1 Like

Would be a fun event, for sure, but PvP t1 is statistically very similar to pvpt3. With the exception of weapons, of course. The bigger difference is AAs, and you can’t unequip many passive AAs.

I think it would be cool if we did “lowbie nights” where everyone plays on lower-PvP level characters that don’t have all the gear and AA that our PvP 10s do. It’s also more inclusive as people without pvp10s could join in on the fun.

+1 to this.

The main point is not T1 or T3, Just using everyone same stuff, accessories included.

No buff potions at all, no runes at all, just T1 gear: weapons, armor, accessories.
This would be really fun and fair for everyone, and is really doable

2 Likes

T1 gear isn’t that great of an idea when you consider it again is favoring tanks rather than the more squishy classes, because tanks are the only classes with full protection on t1, unlike the rest.

tanks are already bonkers enough as it is, and in t1 squishies have terrible constitution and will be dying like flies under any focused attempt of killing.

this is why the flags would have been a really relevant game-mode if it wasn’t for the pickup-bug, cause atleast one tank would be playing under snare and risk of loosing flag.

if you want to tamper with “how you want things” I honestally would much rather see everyone in full t3 and full RF rings - also let people zone into games with 20% heal buff from khitai blessing because at the end of the day heals haven’t been modified accordingly to 1.05 healthpools at all.

bigheal doing 1.2k healing on 12k health targets - hardly makes a dent on the healthbar.

The issue is most people aren’t that maxed out. Getting fully gemmed rf rings takes FOREVER.

3 Likes

Gap between PvP T1 and T3 Gear is small.
Gap between PvP rings and fully gemmed RF rings is almost game breaking, it was evident to everyone since those rings were released.

I’m fine if RF rings are allowed. But to play equally, since not everyone has them, in a tournament like this they should not be allowed.
If they are allowed, I don’t see the point to not allow other things obtainable in game by farming, like T5 runes.

3 Likes