The Coffee Lounge

May I ask how much Paulig Juhla costs for you? For me in the US it’s $17 for 500 grams. The Colorado-roasted brand I referenced earlier costs about half that, locally. What does your coffee taste like?

1 Like

I felt that way too, then I got sent on a data project to a rural locale. The only store nearby was a Meijer, and my assistant got me a “good coffeemaker.” From this I can tell you – quote Ewen McGregor – it’s all in the grind, Sarge. Major Dickason’s Blend + Kroger brown filter + Mr Coffee Personal Pro. Got me through a whole week. :wink:

That packet is 450 grams, it’s the “real dark” (tosi tumma) -version of it, so a roast level of 4 out of 5. It costs around 3,80-4,00€ here, so around $4.5-5 I guess. The lighter roast is usually a bit cheaper. We do, of course, have like a million different coffee brands here though in these “brick” -versions, just in the grocery stores. I love the Paulig ones though.

As for the taste, I’d say it’s pretty rich and strong at least with this darker roast. It’s not quite something I’d drink black, although I’m not a huge fan of that anyway; with just sugar it’s amazing, and with a drop of milk even better.

1 Like

This morning I did 12.5g of Temple Cadence @ a medium-fine grind and 225ml of water thru a V60-01 in 7 pours (including the bloom).The cup was GLORIOUS! :coffee:

The world’s 20 biggest coffee drinkers
Finland - 12kg per capita per year
Norway - 9.9
Iceland - 9
Denmark - 8.7
Netherlands - 8.4
Sweden - 8.2
Switzerland - 7.9
Belgium - 6.8
Luxembourg - 6.5
Canada - 6.2

Sweden has dropped in the last decade. I blame tea drinkers. :rofl: I’m with you though, this is my go to set

solid

3 Likes

Those Moccamaster brewers are awesome. My buddy has had his for about two years and, once you get the grind dialed in, it makes an awesome mug of coffee!

1 Like

WTB> Dedicated coffee maker for 8th-16th of may. Downtime/breaks are not allowed.
Will pay in god tokens or silver/gold coins.

2 Likes

This afternoon’s treat: Turkish Coffee!

…apparently with an angry pterodactyl in the foam.

6 Likes

wondering when we will see the next featured coffee

1 Like

I’m simple to please- I like coffee, period. I quit smoking, I rarely drink, but coffee, it is the elixir of the Gods.They will have to pull it out of my cold, dead hands and I will chew someone’s arm up to the elbow if they try to make me quit it :rofl:

I would like to own one of the Ninja Coffee Stations!