The Dregs AND new swimming mechanic

I was experiencing the issue with a female character.

1 Like

Testing with female model . Found what seems to be a way to “fix” the issue but strafing the ledge over and over until you basically “swim out of the water” which seems to fix the issue after that point.

Excuse the audio had no idea it was that bad.

1 Like

I’ll try this out. Your work is appreciated.

1 Like

I was able to reproduce it as described once, then I was never able to do it again. Basically, in the spot you were all in, I turned my character to face to the left and pressed myself to the edge using D key, then started pressing SPACE.
After two attempts I jumped out, funny part is, after I first was able to jump, I never got stuck again.

2 Likes

For me it was the same. Once I jump once I don’t get stuck again.

The first time through with my main single player game I had that issue all the way and had you use various glitch jumps right down to the final jump right before that dumb slug.

When I tested with both the male and female I had the issue. New character of course. Once I was able to get out of the water once I was able to do so every time. The trick is actually getting it to get out of the water. If I didn’t have over 300 hours in the game (and I’m disappointed it took this long to go to the dregs it is really very neat) I would have been totally stuck.

It seems like it is an issue with how the water is when it rises. It is like you are stuck under a platform the way it jitters. Once you get over the platform once you stay over it… if that makes sense. It was really odd. And both time it was solved in the same way but pressing against the edge while strafing until you just sort go over the edge. It solves it self in different places in both videos.

The male is just before the 4th (or 5th) trigger I think and the female is just after the second.

1 Like

I can think on a possible solution: Let that water level raise a bit higher.
Or make the upper part of the ledges climb-able if that is easier.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

I just did the Dregs on singleplayer last night, no issues. When at the water’s edge, just look slightly up while holding the jump button and you will jump out easily.

grats I only posted showing two videos where that didn’t work in the current testlive build and a dev was able to replicate it (albeit once) but ya every piece of evidence that shows it is a thing where exactly what you describe was tried didn’t work must be wrong because you didn’t have an issue.

I was unable to get the glitch you demonstrated to work.

1 Like

Doing that does not work for me. I’m in single player on the testlive build.

There seems to be an invisible ledge there. I used admin to fly up on top, then turned walk back on. While crouching I walk in the air above the water as if I were still on solid ground.

2 Likes

which glitch? There are three

The jump of the sewer pipe to get past the first ledge, the press against something, and then the eventually breaking through the ledge which solves the problem in that save game from then on out till you start a new game.

The second on you have to time just right… basically pressed against a corner and jumping just as the water goes down… I did it a number of times my first run through the dregs so I got fairly good at it. It took almost 20 minutes to get through that section my first time.

The Third I don’t know how I did it as it happens in a different spot for both male and female which seems like a random getting through moment.

I can’t get any of them to work. I’m still in there trying right now.

That is seriously crappy.

Hopefully Zing can find the issue and fix it. It really does seem like there is an invisible ledge… which is what they use to create the swim animation and it is getting caught under the ledges making it difficult to jump in the single player.

Yeah. They’ll probably fix it eventually.

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I’d bump this one instead as it likely contains still-relevant information.

I’m on the new TestLive build that was released two days ago (5/14/2018). I ran through The Dregs and all the same issues are still there. I recorded my run and compiled a list of issues I experienced along the way.

Single player, no mods, all vanilla settings, no admin panel or console commands have been used.

Character and thrall movement is weird, we keep moving slowly after trying to stop.

Exiting water onto ledges is broken, I have to glitch my way through (as others in this thread have done). My character eventually ‘swims’ out of the water instead of climbing or jumping out.

Some enemies ignore me and run away.

Captain Ioushuwa dies for absolutely no reason right before the boss.

The lighting inside is dependent upon the time of day, despite the braziers and the fact that no sunlight can get inside. You can see it get very dark while I’m next to lit braziers…

The boss won’t attack until I move into a certain spot. It wouldn’t attack even when I was as close as I could get and was pelting it with arrows.

The boss flies away upon death and then starts talking and making noises…

1 Like

oh, okay… you said it won’t attack you. (yet to watch the video)
But on official server I could not kill her alone at all. because she constantly spitting that acid in like every seconds with pinpoint precision from as soon as I barely able to see her from the stairs.

She is completetly ignoring everybody else in a warparty but the unfortunate who she “sees” first.

So the first guy go near the stairs top shoot one arrow and step back just 1
the others rush up and slowly can kill it uninterrupted. The guy on the stairs just need to stay in cover and listen to that acid-splat sound in every second.

So this is clearly broken that split need like a 10 sec delay at least between shots and grant her to be able to choose her enemy from time to time.

Check out the video. It’s very easy to kill. I just block until it flops onto the ground.

It did attack once I walked into a certain spot.
My fight was a bit messy in the beginning but you can see that it can be killed without taking any damage, as later on I start to not get hit at all. So next time I go in there, I’ll be taking 0 damage.

But anyway, the point of the video is to show all the bugs in that place.

1 Like

I see.

It is totally working different than on a server.

I noticed the same kind of passivity in EA tho. I was able to kill her from that stair while she did nothing at all.

But now she is even worse… (ON SERVERS) she is constantly sending acid bolts (not that long-one you got a few times)

Also a tip on your bow game: Only shoot the first two arrows from that light combo then a bit pause to break the chain. rinse and repeat. It would yield a bit more DPS. And don’t even bother to use the heavy attack at all.

Also good job highlighting the bugs. hope Funcom will do something with it.

Thanks for the tip but I only used arrows because she was bugged. I never carry a bow except in The Dregs, the damage is horrible.

1 Like