The future of PvP in SWL

That’s because some of us are really old and the carer hasn’t been round yet with the meds.

1 Like

We have that now. Def/Evade glyphs aren’t worth using for this reason. And keeping up with threat at higher gear levels, but a similar issue. SWTOR had it right when I did raiding in it. Basic punches to the face were not 1 hit mechanics but actual 1 hit mechanics could not be dodged and do $TEXAS amounts of damage that even the most ridiculous mitigation combos would not save you. But your example is another of poor balance of the boss punching you to death in 1 hit.

Hell, even TSW has always been super wonky about Last Resort and Immutable letting you survive stuff. I probably should try testing Immutable with more mechanics. I know for example you can run over the flames in the city before us with Immutable up and no die.

Build it - And they will come.

#FusangBets4SWL
Eat
PvP
Repeat

5 Likes

Immutable works on everything PvE except scripted deaths like Whisper of Darkness running out. If you get a hit that’s for millions or billions of damage, it’s probably a scripted kill and nothing will save you. Otherwise, Immutable lets you stand in lots of bad stuff.

It was a pleasure to see many PvP suits in Agartha, and familiar names above them.
Thanks guys, was fun… even that I really really miss my Glyph stats from gear :smile:

3 Likes

Same! Great fun. Thanks all - particularly Drenneth - for making it happen!

2 Likes

Where are all the smurfs? It does remind me of an earlier suggestion to do a PvP photo in Agartha though. Will have to think about arranging that.

4 Likes

I’d joke about the smurfs walking their dogs and sipping lattes in Blusang, but we haven’t a ‘Sang to turn Blu :frowning:

Battle Ranks

Would that set things in motion? It’s been so long that I forgot all about them. Wouldn’t this be an easy addition to the game while we wait for Fusang? Might it be enough to spark the Shambala ques to life again if there were some nice titles or cosmetic rewards attached… party hats maybe? If you know what I mean. Just gonna let the thought boil in here for a bit before adding it to the feedback thread.

2 Likes

Battle ranks are still on the leader board for Shambala, they just don’t seem to be counting anything.

If anyone hasn’t seen it yet - Shambala round 3 is coming up

Yes Ive noticed them there since the beginning. I wonder how much work it would be for them to bring the Battlerank feature back into SWL. Its something I felt they could have done a lot with in TSW also. Even if the rewards were all cosmetic (which is perhaps the best option). I remember saying back in TSW how cool it would be to have a “pet” where you could summon the 4 relics of El Dorado.

I think ill just add it to the feedback and suggestion channel regardless.

2 Likes

Summoning the relics of Eldorado as a pet lol i like it - like the spirit toro.

Eldorado would perhaps be the easiest of all to reinstate since it’s a timed effort of capture/hold defend relics for X amount of time. The shambala playfield doesn’t allow much in the way of Faction relative PvPing and matches are very short even for the Gnat brained crew.

Fusang i think could also be added back with only it’s functional features - sort of a BETA battleground to allow us to play strategically like we used to. It would only need a working button to repair the gates and to claim facs. Perhaps the only mission it would need is “The underdogs” to get a custy up and running - just the functional features as it were to begin with for testing.

Stonehenge also would be very easy to add - that was just as much a timed effort as ED was…

I really don’t see why they can’t be added .

I also think over complicating any of the PVP battlegrounds with missiony type things would work to it’s disadvantage - and should always remain OFF the list of daily challenges (Complete a winning ED/SH or shambala) - but still count towards a daily main as much as a dungeon or scenario would.

It’s not rocket science
(I’m nipping at the heels that are being dragged here)

1 Like

Out of all the PvP zones El Dorado was by far my favourite. However what made it my favourite was the diversity of tanking roles that it supported. One of the key roles was some type of relic protection or acquisition both normally carried out by a tank. That being said tanking in SWL currently is a mess both in PVE and in PvP with the non tanking friendly EFB, Funcom already has the pressure of fixing it in PvE I’m not sure they want the added pressure of dealing with it in PvP yet. That being said this could have the effect of making ElDorado more dynaimic then It ever was before with relics switching sides constantly.

Stonehenge was much like a 15 minute Shambala match with the added feature of king of the hill. So tanking was sometimes a key role here but not always. It would likely work well with the current dps/healer balancing that already exists.

Fusang is perhaps the largest scale zone to add but it quite likely puts the least strain on potential ability balancing issues. For the most part a pure tank role was never needed except for some specialized tactics and most people ran either survival or in zergs with healers and dps.

Stonehenge is the one I really want to try, mostly only did Fusang before. I didn’t really PVP that much in the old game because I was terrible at it, but I realized how much fun it was (even losing) in other games since.

Only one way to get better…

EAT
SLEEP
PVP
REPEAT
“No Sleep For The WIcked”

Be sure to check the details of today’s Shambala Event ROUND 3!!

M

2 Likes

Is TSW still in use? Does it still have players doing pvp? Probably not, right? I really miss TSW. The skill wheel, fusang, ED, the pvp community and everything else the game had. SWL seems lacking in many departments and turned into a boring grind. Also sucks losing all progress and having to restart. Got bored by the time I reached 2nd egypt. If I had pvp it might be nicer but like this I really have no incentive to play the game at the moment. I’ll be damned if I start doing dungeons/lairs/raids. Sad.

But was that a rare thing? Like 1 stonehenge a day? Week? How long did you wait in queue? And what about fusang?

Unless you or someone else is hyping people to do something there I wouldn’t expect much anymore.

1 Like

That is really the hope right now. Will it ever be the same as what we had in TSW? Probably not. But SWL still maintains the same great community and that’s enough for me to stick around and wait. The fact that TSW isn’t open to new players (in any simple form) has always been the thing that shut the doors for me. I don’t wish to spend my time there watching what few remain slowly dwindle away.

Why not add that as a Patron reward? It takes nothing away from those that already have the game, and might get those that would like to experience the PvP or game in it’s original form a chance to try it. TSW is being maintained and it’s just sitting there. Why not potentially make a few bucks off it? Sony/Daybreak has for years had an all access pass to their games - it’s down to four now - but if you play more than one, it’s a nice getting the sub perks. I never understood why FC hasn’t done that for it’s older titles that they’re still maintaining.

Sorry that digressed a bit from the PvP thread. Weekends haven’t been working this past month, but glad to see the events you started doing so well Drenneth!

1 Like