The Never Ending "Loading Screen" Story

It sure would be nice to play the game, none of the new contents matter before that, but I guess not.

2 Likes

I am coming to the conclusion that the delayed response to this issue is a numbers game; The number of players affected by this issue is not a substantial enough portion of the complete player base to escalate this problem and to be regarded as a critical issue in-house.

Then they shouldnt tell us its “critical”…

2 Likes

“It’s not ok to ask your customers to put in the kind of effort that we all have to put in to get a very bare minimum experience out.”
-Ceronesthes
@Ceronesthes

2 Likes

Thanks to all the community on here for coming together on this issue.

I can’t understand myself how 1 game can have so many server issues when I have never seen it on this scale/scope on any other online experience.

I have played since beta on Xbox and to this day it has always been the same problem on both consoles.

Server quality… I can only realize they are unaware of the state this has constantly been in on the consoles?
(Lack of listening)

or they have just kept this issue low on their “to do” list.
(Lack of concern)

Maybe they think of us as just console cry babies?

I can’t understand how the person in charge of this keeps getting a paycheck for poor performance but I wouldn’t want to be the community manager who has to helplessly listen to all of this.

5 Likes

Hey there,

Another quick update on this issue. The fix for it is currently undergoing and it’s scheduled to come with the first patch or hotfix after the release of Siptah.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, it’s greatly appreciated… but its funny how the updates are “quick” but the fix is taking forever. Exactly 31 days today since the last patch. And now we have to wait till after Siptah lol…
Sons of the Forest will be out before we get a fix and i can’t wait!

3 Likes

Im sorry, but something doesn’t ring true here for me.
To be clear this is not directed at Community staff, they are merely messengers.

9 days ago this fix was allegedly given to coders with Class A Crirical status.
… 9 days …
Now we are being told, at some unspecified date after May 27th, this fix will finally be implemented.

This is not a good way to keep your customers satisfied, and willing to spend more money on your product.

A few slightly off- topic questions.

Do consoles get hotfixes?

What determines if an issue is resolved with a Hotfix, or a patch?

3 Likes

Will the decay timer stay off untill the hotfix?

1 Like

Some fixes are easy to code and implement, while others are more complex and they alter deep parts of the code making them risky to develop and implement. This is one of the latter. Apologies for the time it might take to get fully developed.

Consoles have gotten hotfixes in the past. However, we are streamlining the nomenclature of our patches at the moment and we may lean towards Updates/Hotfixes, while using patch as a general term. Regardless of that technicality, what I meant is that this fix is currently scheduled to come with the first patch (which may be labelled as a hotfix) after the release of Siptah. Internally, that is version 2.4.5.

Decay will only be re-enabled once the fix is out and confirmed working.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response.
I do realize that some words can be sticky.
I am also aware of additional costs and restrictions associated with pushimg out updates on consoles, whch was why I was asking for specificity regarding hotfixes, and patches.

If this problem is a deep code issue, could you at least in some way explain how some PVE-C servers are currently accessible while others are not?

Unfortunately I don’t have access to that information. What we know from this end that it’s labelled as risky, which often means that it tackles parts of the code that can cascade into multiple additional issues if not addressed and tested properly.

2 Likes

Sooo basically, buy Siptah and then we may start on that hotfix. It seems convenient that if you put Siptah out, players will migrate there and forget about PVEC, then your coders can continue that sweet procrastination… Sorry, but Im passed being understanding. If this was a problem that happened only one week before the patch, id realize that… But Ive been sending tickets about this for MONTHS and getting “we will take care of it” type responses just to brush me off. Now that Siptah is coming out, you know its the last ditch effort to get some money from the people who are ready to finally check out of this “we break, we DLC, we fix but break something else, we DLC, we break, we fix but break something else and leave it broken, but DLC” circle.

It’s “complex”?.. So is the patience of your playerbase once this cycle is realized… But lets add healing animations and no roll when encumbered…

I understand you are the messenger but someone in management there needs a wake up call

5 Likes

Toda la Razon del mundo. Anoche estuve en un server de PC lleno de MOD funcionando completamente bien todo. Y parecía que estuviera jugando a otro juego Totalmente. Como es posible que La comunidad Cree Contenido tan Bueno, GRATIS y los propios programadores solo crean Parches y actualizaciones de sus propios errores que en ves de arreglarlos, empeoran mas. ¿Sera posible que se le puedan pagar a gente así? y los que de verdad crean contenido no reciban ni las Gracias, si no encima ahora e visto que con el nuevo Parche 2.4 La animación de equipar o desequipar el arma se la copiaron de los MOD. Haci Cualquiera Crea contenido… Copy and paste

3 Likes

Lets all fork over our hard earned money to buy Siptah only to check out the new loading screen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Totally agree that changes should be properly tested before bringing them live, which is exactly what should have been the case before tinkering with the code leading to this situation where we are now. Since this is not happening on pc or xbox, maybe its finally time to stop dumping pc stuff to PS4 hoping it works and actually develop for PS4. Put up a testlive server for PS4 perhaps?

2 Likes

So basically we the paying customers who bought the base game and DLC’s need to be MORE than patient because you sold a product that doesn’t work as intended. Looks like I’ll be purchasing Rust instead of sipta.

2 Likes

El problema es cuando se lanzan una MEGA Actualización 2.3 Totalmente ROTA que encima Modifican cosas que funcionaban correctamente. ( nudes or loading screens among others ) para vender Falsas esperanzas y callar la boca a los jugadores de Consola. Mientras en PC se lanzaba la 2.4 ( Sorry mi lenguage but I’m tired of translating and reading nonsensical responses from Funcom Communicators. To give false hope and sell smoke )
Ahora nos dicen que ni siquiera la Actualizacion que saldra proximamente en Consola Dia 27 solventara el problema de los Servidores Oficiales Pve.C
Conan Exile is Free in XBOX Game pass and PS4 Sell Siptah at a price to recover lost PC and Xbox.
that’s what console PS4. players feel

I am a PC and PS4 gamer.
and I notice the difference between both platforms with the same game.
It is not Sony’s fault that Funcom treats its Players badly. As they try to sell those answers of Certifications or other excuses.

2 Likes

I feel like that’s the main issue with console. There so no live test environment.

Maybe its an issue with Sony/Microsoft. If FC has different versions of the game on the same platform they would have to pay some type of fee/royalty for both versions. Unless they have a dev kit (highly doubt those things cost a fortune). Everything MUST be ported and tested on the PC side first.

Im not in the know-how of how PC patches get updated or fees but maybe the cost of pushing out updates is just too high to have every week or every 2 weeks. So they try and lump everything in all at once. Remember Sony and Microsoft won’t push anything without full approval. That is time and money that someone needs to pay.

2 Likes

Recuerda que TODOS los juegos se Actualizan sin problemas en PS, Xbox y PC si conoces alguno exepto Conan ¿? TESO tiene mas DLC y expaciones y esta al día en PC y Consola. Destiny 2,… Incluso algunos van mas alla y te los hacen Crossplay Ark, CoD… Y se actualizan sin problema. Es Sony o Microsoft los causantes de estos Desastres ¿? por favor…
Repito. Si conoces alguno otro juego que se parezca a Conan en este sentido dime cual. ( Updated PC but Consola old.)

1 Like