The Purge Bugged, no enemies came

This needs to get developers attention, it’s been 2 weeks since release, this is a broken mechanic for more and more players, as I confirm with my official server every day, and more and more people is only getting purge warnings.

Not asking like crazy for a fix, just a confirmation that this is an issue and they are working on a fix would be enough. I still remember how they, in their official blog, talked about the Purge “closing the loop for pve players”.

This is not happening for me, in fact, I’ve been playing like mad since release, preparing purge ready bases, just for the purge not to happen xD.

It’s not the end of the world, but as this is a widespread bug on a more or less essential mechanic, allow me tu humbly ask for some developer’s confirmation on this issue xD

1 Like

PC EU 1300 we have had the same issue as described above. But for now there are no any messages of waves, Purgemeter has been filled up to 100% and doesn’t reset. Purge is completely broken even for new players.

2 Likes

I had the same issue last night/this morning. I’m on a private server and me and a clan mate stayed on until the wee hours in the morning because it was getting close to the purge happening (or purges can happen at any time). Basically we got a message that the purge is coming in 10 minutes and then within a couple of minutes it says the purge was defeated. My clan mate got the achievement of survive the purge. Needless to say we were a little pissed as we had spent all day prep’ing for it.

2 Likes

Same issue on official server #1090

Can confirm this to be bugged on PS4 official servers too.

Our purge meter has been full for almost 1 week and not a single enemy or warning/alert has popped up. At first (our first ever time reaching the first purge bar) we did get a warning that they’re going to attack in 10 mins we so we waited and then it said they’re attacking, we went to the red attack symbol on the map and found nothing in sight. Scouted the entire perimeter and insides of our base to find nothing, not even any damage done, then about 5-10 mins later it said we defeated them.

Since then, our bar has been full and nothing’s happening. It’s quite a shame really.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your comments, hopefuly this may help the devs notice how broken this purge mechanic is for so many players!

I can reconfirm its very bugged and not working for me, again. Moved to a new base, very far from the others (in savannah) and had a purge warning, with red cross in map etc. But before the 10 mins passed, like before, purge warning of them being defeated without any mob to show.

The base is pretty accessible, well, at least elephants and tigers can get there, even the white tiger boss, which lives by there xD

3 Likes

Hi, My tribe too is having the same issue. A couple weeks back we got a warning purge message for 10 minutes but the after a couple minutes said they were defeated before the 10 minute warning was up. Now our purge meter is capped and no purges are happening. We are on an Official Xbox server 2875 NA PvP

1 Like

That’s what out feedback serves for:

They now say they have confusing feedback, while this has been reported by me almost a month ago, with so many other users reporting same! hurray!!

30 answers since may 15, with 150 since may 22 on the other purge thread (thats only my threads, there are dozens of others with more feedback) but stating there are no purges on officials is confusing in regards to feedback! yeahhhh!

Contacted Joel Bylos 22 may via tweeter, “Purge guy is looking into it” but confusing feedback ehh?

that’s not true allways ! Experience made.

I built a base on the noob-river because the journey step to do on my new server. I fiddled bit around with my purge-slidders because first my meter reseted without any purges appearing.

Then i had a purge on one of the island in the river. No land acces ! Just an island.
But the first wave brought me just about 3 little imps, very quickly defeated by my thralls. I was lucky to see them, but they can easily bee missed to. The next waves brought 1-2 imps more, then the last waves with a imp-boss.
No problem for my thralls at all, they managed the purge without my help.

I think it would be helpfull to know the exact settings of your purge meters and settings still.
For my part i had to lower the frequency of the purge to 3 to make them work the first mal.

If you fully read the thread, you wouldn’t only have confused my statement, but have all the info you request there.

Quoting myself, for clarity, as I am not saying the purge does not happen in the south most blabla of Exiled lands, that was a quoting, hence the “”, to show the information is not consistent.

Thank you so much for pushing this honestly! its frustrating as hell seeing them not react to this for so long. Its been almost a complete month and the majority of people on my server, 1930 have not experienced a single purge with the same issues that you have stated above. I have gotten a handful of notices all ending in the same fashion and as we communicate a lot too, only 4 people have reported any purges, only one of which worked properly, the rest got one wave of a few mobs before getting a full defeat message.
thank you thank you thank you again!

1 Like

I had a fail purge today, only notifications of course xD.

No need to thank me, I do it for my own interests haha but im sure some players like me may love their product more than some devs or investors, which some probably are only concerned about the sales or profit.

I love survival games and I think not only this is one of the best now but also in near future (look at memories of mars released today, only pvp extinction servers, bad reviews on launch etc).

And this game we have now is awesome, I play since release and know many bugs havent been fixed since then, but also know about many many that got fixed.

Maybe devs relaxed, are uber busy, or not much interested about it anymore (they working on a new game afaik) but I also think one month after release without fixing such a core mechanic (in devs own words it closes the pve loop) is rather disappointing.

At least, as a community manager myself, I would expect em to post on most of threads about this, that they are working on a fix.

I have 2 purge threads running since 1 month, I know, as a fact, they seen it and decided to remain silent instead of calming the masses (customers u know).

I asked Joel Bylos on twitter, the great man which together with Tyros ce producer got the killable thralls in pve thing fixed on release, and only got a “purge guy working on it”.

If I use the dev tracker I even am more sure they are deliberately not commenting here, becausec it is controversial or something, and that is not very fair.

Just wanting to finish with some positivity again, I know Ive been very active reporting bugs, making pressure etc, but this is also me, one year before, thanking, praising for their good job, and trying to spread a positive vibe among conan players.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/0/1473095965284589246/

“MeGa @ 30 AGO 2017 a las 17:48
I have to say GOOD JOB Funcom!”

1 Like

I just had a purge happen to me today by the Black Galleon. It told my hyenas were coming to attack. When the time came, I got the ominous music as well as the war horn, but nothing showed up. I continued to get the horn/music for approx. 20 minutes until it finally ended. no sight of hyenas anywhere was found.

I was on a non-official server but this server uses no mods, and has only increased via the slide bar, the difficulty of purges. Day/night is increased in time duration, and gather is 2x. Virtually nothing else is changed from official settings. There is something VERY wrong with the code here Funcom. For a big selling point that you told us would be in the game, we are waiting for a fix.
Thank you–

Vanilla private server here, 5 purges for my clan only, all working. They seem to be working for the other clans as well.

Joel Bylos
“1 thread does not equal every report we get. This should be obvious.”

https://twitter.com/joelbylos/status/1004444601674010624

Looks like they need more reports…

Where is your base located? Purge work for me on Noobs river, but in the desert the enemy does not spawn with errors in the server logs.

Obviously can’t say if it’s the intended way, but I can confirm that a Purge CAN happen in the T1 marked area on the map. That said…

We also had this issue, and the apparent ‘false purge’ until last weekend. I cranked up our Purge settings crazy high, with the calculation timer set to like 5 minutes. On my server, there are only 3 players, in the same offline family, and a single clan… so you can guess which clan gets hit each Purge.

So last weekend, we got the message, 15 minute warning. Checked map, and it was WAY south, in T1 area, by our original homesteads. We ran down to check it out, but as we got closer, realized it wasn’t our base being attacked! 1 of us had setup some switchbacks to climb a pillar. The Purge mobs were attacking THAT. However, there were very few of them - 1 at a time, only about 3 -5 in all, made it to the attack site.

I think a few things are happening-
Purge ‘timer’ is using SERVER TIME, not real time - this would explain 15 or 10 minute warnings, happening too fast. (ie; accelerated day clocks are messing with the Purge timer.)

Purge mobs can/are spawning near, but not at, the target site. They ARE hostile to EVERYTHING. Every thrall, excile, crocodile or world boss, etc. I think many times, they may be getting wiped out before they reach the target.

(edit) Purge mobs are attacking some structure owned by the clan or player, and not actually the target the player THINKS or expects them to attack.

Tonight, we had a near perfect functioning Purge - 1st time. 4 waves of “dogs of the desert,” attacked 1 of our structures (again, not actually a base, but a staircase built up a waterfall.) We got the warning, arrived, and found them attacking the bottom of the stairs. They saw us, and the fight started. Many thralls were captured that day. After the fourth wave, it concluded, we got our Purge survived message, etc. The only flaw, was that they ALL spawned NAKED (yes, server is set to full nude, and we’re using clothing affecting mods - so possibly related to those for sure.)

Other people HAVE reported seeing their Purge attack a world boss on the way - and die. I saw our 1st Purge get mostly wiped out by a camp of Exiles on the beach. So this could definitely be part of the issue.

On that thought, interesting idea; build your base around a boss spawn… instead of a simple box though, build it into a ‘moat’ around your base. Then let the Purge break down the outer wall :wink:

1 Like

A couple of structures around the river area, one house in the shortcut south of the Black Galleon, two towers east of the Maker’s hand on a plateau, two protected wheels north of Sepermeru, a tower on the island of Drifter’s Rest, a house at the Great Dam and a fortress south-east of the ruins of Veldstad.

We got one imp purge and one hyena purge in the south, two spider purges and one hyena purge on the shortcut. The last one was the imp purge in the south, Friday evening.

I also helped another clan with a hyena purge in the river area (2-3 weeks ago) and a darfari purge earlier this afternoon at the entrance of the jungle.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.