The purge is a frustrating mechanic

There is no need to turn it off. I play single player and the purge does not trigger at all even though my purge bar is full.

5 Likes

Play on a server with Purge turned off.

3 Likes

Sorry to say that, but just don’t build a bad base.

3 Likes

Agree with this. ^^

1 Like

I feel for you dude.
I’ve seen many a well designed and heavily defended black ice base gutted by nude Nord’s, wolves and undead while people are offline.

I agree purge should be online only, but 24/7.

1 Like

Prolem with turning the purge off is that, in their infinite wisdom, they attached unique named npc’s to purges. If you turn the purge off, you also turn off your chance of getting those thralls.

If you play on a dedicated server you can set the purge parameters by yourself. On our server the purge only occurs when two members of the clan are online. Till now it’s functioning reliable. We don’t have any offline purges and also the purge is happening reliable to the different clans on the server.
Although there are issues. Sometimes the purge comes only with one wave and is defeated right after it. The other times skeleton are spawning in the base although it’s reachable from land. These are known issues.

yup right now Thralls dont do anything, they May (but not always) attack other players, this depends on whether the game is working as they wont attack if the NPC dont attack, if they do then they will but they will not attack any wildlife or other NPC’s or defend against purge’s. What a shoddy thing.

Mind you, my purge bar has been full for weeks, yet never had a purge happen yet. Have seen the odd player have a purge and they have vacated their base whilst it was being ransacked. These were well geared lvl 60’s.

They also made palisades useless, only thing these work on now is other players and thats it (oh and yourself).

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons i would never ever play on official servers !

I mean there lot of reasons for me, but this point is just one big reason more.
On a privat-server you can at worse make a roll-back, disable purge if it’s needed, or give back stuff lost by bugs.

Sure, i realy wish all these stupids bugs would get fixed once, but in the mean-time i try play and enjoy the game, and this is hardly doable in this state on official servers that are not managed, and poorly made.

2 Likes

TL:DR - Base got wrekt so game bad

3 Likes

I agree to that. I’ve stolen many of thralls from wheels while the guard thralls just stood around and just watched me do my thing.

1 Like

I can see the day Funcom gives all the thralls a can of Spinach, and have them go SuperSaiyan and rape all the players for payback for all the griefing, ridicule and exploitation, and inadvertantly activate Skynet and it’s Season 2 of Westworld.

That’d be a gameplay loop right there…
Hell actually that’s not bad. lol. Passive PvP via thralls on PvE.

• immidiately get’s invaded by a dark vision of 300 Thralls parked at the fresh-spawn area*
    wakes up screaming OK! OK! N/M O_O

True. However, I turn off purges and then trigger them manually through the console. That way the purge will only occur when I am online.

Purges should NEVER trigger when an attacked base owner is off line. There I agree.

Until they fix thralls it really doesn’t matter how many you have, they are worthless.

They said the game was ‘live’, but really this was another alpha release. I’ve been playing the game as pre-release, and I still think of it as very unfinished.

Funcom committed the ultimate sin of any developer anywhere: They did a big release then left. Damn kids! Any experienced programmer knows better than to spit out new code then leave the scene. What you do is go on vacation when you have a stable code base, then do the release when you come back, all rested up and ready to bug hunt.

I still love the game. We are a large group playing on a private server. Funcom is managed by knuckleheads, but at least the game is gorgeous. I’m confident they will get it sorted out eventually.

4 Likes

So take all the risk out of the game and your good? Go play moshi monsters or something …

Perhaps you can find a PvE server that doesn’t have offline purges…?

1 Like

This was the original intent. They were going to do this. When people heard they were going on vacation BEFORE the 500 patch. The vocal minority created about a dozen threads.

Funcom’s mistake was listening to them. So they pushed out what they had, figured they could fix some stuff before heading out, and missed it. They knew what they did, and it was on purpose. Now they can point to this event whenever someone cries to rush them on patches.

They can say, “well we did that for the 500 patch and it didn’t go well, so your patch will be ready when its ready now.”

2 Likes

The vocal minority is always the most important people - to ignore!

2 Likes

Purges are important to remove old buildings and building spam. Offline purges and online purges are part of the game, they only attack during event time. IDK what event time is on PVE but I assume it will still have one. If you build with enough defense and walls etc you will not be destroyed offline. give them lots of foundations and walls they can attack with no consequence to you. Outsmart the AI.

1 Like