The PVE Builder

The screenshots of your base may not be enough to prove an unfair ban. How do I know that you have screened ALL of your base? Maybe you spammed sulfur lakes with foundations, but you didn’t show it in the screenshot. Also, how do you check the date? Maybe you made screenshots a long time ago, and after that you built up the entire server. In general, I want to say that it is naive to demand from the player any evidence of an unfair ban after funcom removes the base.

3 Likes

Yes and thats whay a warning and a way to fix it b4 its no return.

Youre cutting it close good buddy, Im out of here soon enough. Now are you sure you want to invite me to discuss this topic. I mean are you…really sure…!? :wink: Ok then, backed by demand…

To be perfectly honest @masmassu, at this point I would rather put my face in a bee hive than see more new ‘no building’ zones added to the game. Here’s what happened to myself and 13+ other members here on the forum the last time they created new, and expanded existing, no build zones in the game.

Too Long Didnt Read? Well as the length of the thread would suggest, quite a freaking lot. Almost all of us lost the ability to build in either part or all of our bases, dozens of pieces attached to them are now registering as unowned, people have now lost the ability to use or command thralls at said bases, we can’t put communal maprooms down anymore near Obelisks, placing animal pens and crafting stations on the ground became a constant fight, the entire Unnamed City biome became unbuildable, and these changes were forced into Singleplayer mode costing us numerous other unique and creative freedoms we once enjoyed. I could list even more, but I think the point has been made.

Doing this to other people would be tantamount to a family of people working hard and saving for decades in real life, getting council approval, and building themselves their dream home. Then years later the local council showing up telling them that they are reposessing their land and tearing down the family home so that it can remain a vacant public access block, and doing so without a cent of monetary compensation.

If they had of implemented concrete no build zones around launch time then that would have been fair enough. We would have known exactly exactly where we could and could not build from the get go, and could have planned our construction exploits accordingly. But to transform the bases of loyal players, which have stood for years now in completely legitimate locations into no build zones is unacceptable and unjust.

6 Likes

My suggestion here to document your stuff is for the reversal of a ban. There will be no rollbacks.

@Morlang you’re taking it to absurd lengths. In 15 minutes I can do a decay run and video the whole process for posterity. I’ll even expose the number of pieces and placeables.

1 Like

Ah, so evidence of the corruption is so unlikely, nay IMPOSSIBLE to obtain, that we shouldn’t dare wait for it before forming our opinions. We should just trust you because it could be possible and make rules based on that. Got any snake oil to sell us while you are at it?

If FC is so rampantly banning players wrongfully, it is MORE likely that they ban a player who does have the sacred corruption evidence. If it is as impossible to obtain as you say, could it not be because they aren’t wrongfully banning people on a whim?

2 Likes

TOS: “While suspensions and bans are not open to appeal…”

It is possible. But I don’t want to play with probability and wonder if my base is big enough or not. And can they ban me because some undermesher will write a report. I want fair rules that are the same for everyone, not probabilities.

You definitely don’t need it.

1 Like

This is reasonable. I would say we have rules that are fair and the same for everyone, with probabilities. I am okay bearing the responsibility of that probability. You are okay with limiting people so you don’t have to.

2 Likes

No need to be sarcastic, Homie.

When I have reported players I receive a response within 14 hours.

Should I be “banned” or “rebuked,” the powers that be would have my info immediately. If I haven’t received a response within 24 hours, I know I’ve been a real poop-head.

It doesn’t matter if they say it’s not appealable. Everything’s appealable. Just look at this forum. Chaff:Wheat=15:1

1 Like

My apologies, it looked that way, based on what you replied to.

Yeah, I already agreed that it would be better if they could communicate to players beforehand. There’s currently no way for them to do so, but maybe that would be worth adding to the game.

Like I said, I haven’t seen any evidence that they’ll go doing what you guys keep insisting they’ll do.

Sure, you can always choose not to trust people who claim they were banned unfairly. What does that have to do with spreading FUD about unfair bans?

Basically, you’re arguing that, since any evidence of admin abuse might be unreliable, we should blindly believe claims of abuse. Am I the only one who finds that argument absurd?

No, we’re saying that if you’re worried about unfair bans and admin abuse, you should keep screenshots of your stuff before anything happens.

Or not, it’s your decision. Just like it’s my decision not to believe claims of admin abuse without evidence, just like it’s Funcom’s decision not to react to an appeal without evidence. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Whats the point whit evidens as fotos and stuffs to prove that youre base is good, the prosses time to clear you free will take alot longer time then the decaytime so you will lose everything anyway. Game over whit profes or not. Thats not the way to go.

Maybe you’re hanging with the wrong crowd.

I’m not pretending anything. Play clean and there’s no problem.

2 Likes

I am specifically addressing what to do if you draw a ban, when you are perfectly innocent and there may be clan involvement. Do you want to return to play or not?

As a clean, honest player, I’m racking my brain to think of ways this system can abuse me.

3 Likes

Fine then I can say what I want, as you’ve left.

1. I attempted to defuse your anger
  2. You reacted by saying the sky was falling
  3. I said what I’d do if I were banned. As a player. Who BUILDS BIG
  4. You attacked me for explaining what I’d do if I were banned as if I’m some elite
  5. I resisted
  6. You took your little ball and went home
4 Likes

Sir Henry - you like to build? …go to singleplayer!

How fun is that? Go alone in a MP game? No interactions sor sosialt chating or frends?

When I say I like to build, does not mean I go crazy with it. If you like small boxes as a home, that fine. I prefer a nice looking structure, palace in this case. One round building with 6 smaller round towers connected to it.

My property is basically one building, one platform for a Ymir altar, one animal pen (outside not on any foundations-which has trees growing out of it due to that fact), one horse pen (without foundations underneath it either), one short bridge from my building to the clan area / leader’s tower (not connected though to his area). Roughly takes 5 to 6k building blocks. I am too lazy to count them at the moment. My original count from the private server was flawed due to realizing I have 2 additional floors on the private server versus only 3 floors on the main building (including roof as the 3rd floor) and 1 extra floor for the connected towers.

One of my clan mate has 2 towers (one connected to my building with elevators). Takes little room since they are at most 8 x 8 towers but one is fairly tall and one is short. The tall was built to hold all 6 altars in the tower, per altar rules.

Clan leader has a small building, with a patio as the clan hall, one short tower for his home, and all the crafting stations outside on a built platform. He did have a stairway down the Siptah mountain top where we are based but I replaced it with an elevator tower which people have been using, Roughly the same amount of blocks but takes way less space. Also a road from the clan area to my clan mate towers (which along the way was connecting to 2 other clan mate spots but when they stopped playing, their structures were removed from the server).

Lastly, one clan mate is another location on the map with his castle.

4 clan mates currently do not have any properties (1 of which recently transferred to another server and probably is stuck there at the moment). We let them decay since they weren’t playing anymore. Plus all the fishing/small outposts we let decay as well. Overall we have 19k building blocks for 4 players, excluding the inactive members.

So in essence if 5k average is too much for one player, then really many players should not play on the official servers.

Added note: The first floor is where all the crafting stations and majority of the storage are located, one of each type (dupes for cooking and fluid press) and the greater wheel of pain in the center of the main building. Second floor was built as living quarters, but only decorated one room (so far, although that was almost a year ago now). Third floor/roof was the 2nd altar was placed and couple of statues. I do not have a vault which would taken a large chunk of space.

From the end of my road/bridge where I am facing my only building. To the left (barely seen) is my altar and next to it is the animal pen. Pretty much, this is my entire base (minus stables which is between the two towers and the furnaces that are at the back entrance (too tall to be inside).

unsubstantiated equivocations like this are what really causes people to not take you seriously.

1 Like

OH MY GOD!!! SOMEONE LIKES TO BUILD!!! QUICK GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS AND CHASE THEM AWAY!!!

Seriously, get over yourself. They have every right to play wherever they chose to play, just as you do.

2 Likes

Start to play in russian pve server.There is clan who build many structures for community-shelters,bridges,maprooms and many more.Looks so sweet and nice.Untill that moment when you look for spot to build your own base…most good spots is claimed.And some foundations undermesh around.Sometimes all location is claimed.From one side nice pve builders.From another-all rules is violated

1 Like

Did they violate the server rules? If they did you could talk to the admins regarding the issue.