The Red Mother and Pets

So we all know your thralls bug out or get stuck underground when you fight this behemoth. I know pet followers in their current state probably don’t have the numbers to help farm her effectively but the upcoming patch might fix that.

For those of you that have brought pets to fight her would you care to share your experience? The biggest issue to me seems to be the hit box is on her belly which your thrall has a tough time reaching.

Keep her where she spawns (in the middle) or close to the stairs but on flat ground, when your thrall engages and if it hits, do not move from that spot. If it doesn’t hit, run away with it to take it out of the ground and try again. Once you find the spot try to not take aggro or you will end up moving her and you have to start again. I use venom daggers and bow to assist the thrall but only go in to apply the dots and out.

Bugging her at the stairs while standing on a pillar used to work but this is some hardcore cheesing even for me.

I’m just curious if there are any pets with a longer reach than a thrall so they spend more time attacking and less time shuffling around.

Like Narelle pointed out… Lure red mother back to the stairs. Try to engage her when she is on the stairs (so not flat).
If your thrall gets stucked there, he/she is untouchable by the Red mother, while the thrall can dmg her.

And every boss you cannot really fight (CURRENTLY!) is just a pain in the ■■■ and makes no fun.
Dragon and this big rocknoses…

And with the new roll, lets see if any boss is dodgeable. Why Funcom does not engage battles in their dev streams… I will never understand it. Slicing up the air… Woohoo… And rolling away from nothing to show off how much “better” it is now…

4 Likes

Yeah I understand positioning her to make the most of it. I’ve farmed her a good bit for all her drops so I have a good approach to her fight. Maybe my initial post wasn’t worded very well. I’m asking if anyone has brought a pet as a follower like the Locust Queen or alpha wolf along to fight her.

The fact that you cant heal your pets makes them a no go for me for any boss farming.

9 Likes

Ah okay, I did not know this. I’ve always read pets were meh so I’ve never bothered with them anyway but that does explain a lot

Same here. I just cant bear the thought of anything happening to my Tiger :disappointed_relieved: (I love cats). So he only really tends to come for journeys around easier biomes and enemies.

4 Likes

I’m not at my computer at the moment to test it but now we have one person saying you can’t and one person saying you can??? Maybe this won’t matter anyway with the patch tomorrow anyway

You are probably the only person who can heal their pets with arrows. Don’t confuse them with thralls.

1 Like

The red mother bug is pretty interesing in my opinion.

50% of the time my follower is badly stuck and cannot do a thing.
The 50% remaining, my follower gets “half stucked” Under the belly of the dragon, BUT the good thing is she can keep on hiting the boss and strangely enough attracts all the aggro on her until the red mother uses her tail sweep. Moreover the dragon seems to be unable to hit a “half stucked” follower. Again the only action to prevent that is her tail sweep.

While my follower is stuck this way i can safely do whatever i want as i never get the boss’ attention :smiley:

so 50 % of the time, Thanks to this bug the red mother goes down quicker than the 2 skelies and the bat demon.

just sad this katana is so useless in my eyes :frowning: but man these torches and this bow !!! )

Back to topic. the main problem of pets is not the heal imo (although i agree it can help greatly), it’s more the fact that they have no armor rating My follower never needs a single Healing Arrow when farming the unnamed city The ARMOR RATING and the DAMAGE OUTPUT is the big deal here.

It’s sad for pets lovers i know, but considering how easy it is to get pets….
I’m sure funcom will add a metal Claws / armor plating system for pets at some point. We just need to be patient.

2 Likes

Unless something has changed that I missed (possible) animals cannot be healed by any means except time.

Well, unless you are on PC and have the mod that allows healing arrows to work on them.

Maybe with todays patch?

But yeah, you saw people often say that pets get healed by arrows…
But that was not the case…

Yesterday i tried to level up my greater sabertooth and he heals faster (although not fast enough during heavy fights), if he has tons of raw meat in his inventory. He started with around 1800hp and is useful against other strong beasts but not against strong armored humans.

Since we have a blacksmith, and the means to forge metal, I would love to see horseshoes! That way, your horse can inflict bludgeoning damage (very handy for gathering thralls!). :slight_smile:

If you have tons of food, your thrall also heals good…

Still: Why cant healing arrows heal them?

And why are so many people always saying, you can, when you were never able to? Maybe a mod?

From my experience healing arrows wont work, and yes, why?! Should be possible, would be great!
Just tried it again to no effect.

1 Like

Sounds fun :smiley: …as long as it stays well balanced.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.