The state of sadness that is character transfers

This is kind of a complain thread in hopes that someone at Funcom finally notices and does something about it because my efforts for the past almost two months really haven’t helped.

• Some characters cannot be transferred from Fury to Crom.

• According to previous forum threads, this is likely caused by a previous character transfer having taken place. In my case, my character comes from the Saga of Blood server so I assume that to be the culprit as other character transfers on my account worked.

• The transfer is tried internally (as evident by the fact that you get logged out and have your name changed if your name already exists on Crom when attempting to transfer) but fails, probably because the script that does this cannot copy something to the database.

• GMs are absolutely clueless as to what the problem is and when it will be resolved and can only open internal tickets with the developers that take ages to process. Mine has not been processed in 1.5 months. E-Mail support does not answer at all, to paying subscribers.

• Fury is a server that is most of the time completely empty and more of an ORPG experience rather than an MMORPG one.

Funcom and @AndyB, please do something about this, either by making character transfers work or by figuring out what to do with Fury (e.g. merging it with Crom).

Thanks for reading.
In closing, at this point I can only choose to no longer continue my subscription.

The GMs literally tell you that this may never be resolved.

Move to another game, the forums are spammed with payed services that in many of the cases are pure scam. If the company refuses to take the money you want to give them, that’s a sign :innocent: Or even worse, take the money and don’t deliver. This is an abandoned project milking :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :moneybag: :moneybag:.

1 Like

This topic will close 7 days after the last reply.

Still no reply from support?

Absolutely nothing. A GM reached out to me to explain me the situation (again) and then proceeded with closing my petition, noting that it’s the devs at Funcom who need to fix this, GMs can’t really do anything.

They told someone in our guild the same thing. I feel it’s something that may never be fixed.

This topic will close 7 days after the last reply.
Which I think is kind of awful in a support forum imo.

I moved one character and worked just fine. :sunglasses: :shushing_face: :shushing_face:

EDIT: Fury----->Crom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.