The Tower of the Elephant trophy

, ,

How do we actually get it? I killed so much stuff from every possible angle that it seens unlikely I never did it from above. Usually I don’t give a crap about trophies, but I’m close to Platinum on Conan, so I though maybe I could go for it.
Is this achieved just by killing something while simply standing on its head? Anything?

1 Like

You can kill >people< when overencumbered. 500% with 50 ENC.

3 Likes

It’s a PvP only 'chieve.
As mentioned above, you crush someone to death by being heavily encumbered and then pulling a Mario.

This doesn’t work on NPCs as they take neither fall nor crush damage.

2 Likes

Ffs…
And people actually go for this? :laughing:

1 Like

A particularity of the mind gives some an obsessive need to complete a thing, regardless of the rewards or reasonability.
This compulsion to either remove discordant gaps or see something finished is easily manipulated by those looking to sell a product. In this case, it merely drives those who otherwise would have no interest in that aspect of the game to participate in it.

In short, yes, absolutely.
Completionist mentality is rampant in gamer community. This one would find it mildly amusing if it did not cause so many kerfuffles.

1 Like

There’s trophies I think are worth it and then there’s… these. That’s why I don’t give a crap about trophies. Sometimes I wonder which kind of braindead idiots come up with these imbecile ideas. Most people end up just arranging with their friends or setting up alt accounts to get this sort of trophies done. It’s just stupid.

3 Likes

It incentivizes other styles of play.
By encouraging a person who has such obsessions or compulsions to participate in other game modes or increases the metrics, the numbers of persons who are active at any given time. For tracking if something is trending or a hot media… ect…

This also assumes malfeasance.

On the other side of the coin, someone may have considered it an amusing “Easter egg”, a hidden little novelty that has no impact on actual game play to draw a giggle or good natured groan from the player base.
Humour is quite often subjective.

Given the name of the achievement this one assumes it is a reference to Conan crushing a spider with a treasure chest.
The tower itself also crumbled, but all remaining parties were already out by that point.

1 Like

Back then on raids when we had a designated carry guy with 50 ENC build it was rather annoying when he accidentally stepped on your head… Since pillar bases were popular back then it happened quite often.

3 Likes

Tonight we can join a pvp server for 5 minutes and you’ll get it :wink:.

3 Likes

It can also be done in a co-op game . I have helped a few people do it. @Marcospt

1 Like

I remember we got it when running up steps and into eachother.

1 Like

Thanks m8, but I’ll just login with my son’s account from the ps4, mine from the ps5 and jump to his character’s head after changing my build.

No need, but thanks. We have more important things to do later. I’ll do it with Afonso’s dummy in co-op. :smile:
I’ll need to fix a pvp flag, right?

1 Like

I don’t know if it works on pve, we can check for sure :man_shrugging:. Still I need you to help me in the future for the linguistic trophy in Siptah. I left this trophy in a chance to do it with a friend, it’s funnier this way , please tell me that it’s going to be you :pray:t6:

It works in co op. Either I fix a pvp flag or activate pvp via admin panel.

3 Likes

My wife got it early on fell off our building and smashed me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.