The Turtle Troll - A new Griefing Method?

I’ve been dealing with a griefer from a distant land on official server 6445 Siptah America for a while now. Ticket is in, screenshots etc. etc. but today he came up with an interesting tactic.

He dropped pet turtles everywhere along my perimeter, and they are not confined to the landclaim defined by his spam. They wander about into my landclaim and will prevent placement of features within my own claim. In addition, they will teleport into or onto my structures.

“clever use of game mechanics”? possibly .

Something that should be added to the patch list - it would be nice.

8 Likes

I always wondered what was the tortoises pourpose.
That dude released the turtlepocalypse onto your Base.

5 Likes

I had to smile at the genius of it. Occasionally, part of a foundation that is placed will be in part of the exclusion zone from a land claim. This person found the edges of my foundations within his landclaim and placed turtles on them. Crazy clever.

Obviously I can’t stack anything on top of that foundation any more.

That is my foundation, deep inside of my landclaim exclusion zone. This thing wandered to this location.

1 Like

Need a pizza recipe to lure them away so you can start building again!

6 Likes

Someone is griefing me in the same way.

I made a complaint and I was told it’s not considered an infraction.

1 Like

This is it mate, its time to strike back. Show him a wave of turtles so massive that he won’t be able to interact with his very own benches. The great turtle war, it is.

1 Like

He is one of those wonderful fellows that has a few s shacks and probably does not mind the pests. His goal is to grief me out of the location. It is odd that this seems to be a pet that “by design” has a patrol area unlike all of the other pets. This might be a useful tool to deploy in accessways to prevent spam blocking landbridges and tunnels.

1 Like

Its impressive how people find ways to grief too. I can’t think of anyone finding this out during testing either, since its so harmless. And the combination between PVE (invulnerable pets) and their patrol route is what makes it shine. Really funny :rofl:

1 Like

Not so invulnerable … I thinks it’s time for some turtle soup : just put spikes around the greifing turtles it’s your base afterall so you can place down those bleeding machines !

5 Likes

Tried placing a pvp flag down and just kill em?

1 Like

Last I checked it only worked for players and thrall could no participation

2 Likes

So this sounds like a viable remedy mechanic, if you place a pvp flag down in your own landclaim exclusion zone - you are not plucking off opponent thralls from their bases, your kicking them out of your own. They could keep spamming them, but at least you could clean house.

That is a bummer.

Like kanza said: spikes should kill thralls by applying bleed even outside PvP!

2 Likes

I just tested the palisades. The turtles turn around and do not bleed.

2 Likes

Turtles op :rofl:

6 Likes

did you place one , or surrounded them with 3 ? ( I get that as they are moving it may be harder to acheive … )

3 Likes

OOOOOOH! It works box them in! They die!

7 Likes

Kanza and Random - Thank you so much - this is working great. Turtles throw them selves into palisades. It’s great!!!

3 Likes