• Universal Economy
• Minimal Building Restrictions
• Expanded/Modified Map
• Hundreds of New Equipment
• Improved Thralls & Followers
• Reputation, Quests & Decisions
• Custom Lore & World Building
• A More Balanced Difficulty

In all seriousness, I’m doing my best to run a proper community server due to the mistreatment of many from other servers from various games.

1 Like

You may want to also drop some of the more creative builds (Admins and Players) into Share your Shelter - a great place to advertise and showcase things on the server. Also a great place to inspire players.

1 Like

Thanks Grymm :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The lands of Conan Exiles, besides all the abuse on some PvP servers we hear about, is in my opinion a huge source for creative expression. For players that have a RPG background, are into the Conan genre, or just casual players, Conan Exiles allows a lot of creativity and expression. Yes, there are a lot of other world games, but, in my opinion, very few tick as many boxes that Conan does - well, when adding in Private Servers and the cretions of the amazing Modding community.
For me, just the movement and actions, battle moves and versatility, the threat and scariness (sometimes). Few games allow all of that on top of the purely creative side of things. And when tired of the shenanigans of Official, players can go to their own servers and do whatever they want. There are even amazing maps like Savage Wilds and a lot more that offer new things. That’s what gives a game longevity. Oh, and of course the feral bunnies and that you can pat and visit dragons up close.

2 Likes

Feral bunnies lmao, I completely agree with you. When a game focuses so much on PvE content and disregards the PvP balance, it’s difficult for server owners to handle all of the moderation needed to keep it safe and fair. There’s too many exploits, people who will take it too seriously, and imbalances for me to have chosen full PvP.

I think Conan Exiles does a significantly better way of letting players discover and explore lore. Unlike many other games out there such as Elder Scrolls Online, in which they shove a ton of books & notes in your face. It ruins the experience not knowing what’s in those pages then continuing to play throughout their content becoming confused or lost for many.

When lore can be shown to the player in an intractable or visually appealing way, the game feels much more lively. Creating a real atmosphere around them.

1 Like

Yep, in agreement there - although, I also embrace the original precepts for the game back pre-alpha. Joel got the blessings from Robert E. Howard’s son/grandson(?), who had the rights for the franchise (look back at ancient Update releases if they are still in here). If I remember correctly, the combat and battle systems were a feature as they were inspired by Conan (the Barbarian). Conan was not a friendly do-gooder, that’s for sure. You have a great base filled with thralls and wealth? Well, Conan would have gone to repatriate it for certain. The core tenets of Conan the Barbarian are what inspirec the game.

I personally prefer a more sedate building and roleplay style, so do the private server thing, BUT make no mistake, the original game was meant to embrace a more ‘what is mine is mine - and what is yours is mine too if you canna guard it well’ and the ‘cross me and I will beat you till you glow in the dark’.
Lastly, just as Lord of the Rings is, the Conan the Barbarian books are the foundation and inspiration of much of the fantasy genres we have today.
(Conan really was not a nice person - a great friend to have - but not a nice guy :smiley:

1 Like

I certainly like Funcoms take on the game. And I think it’s designed quite well around the story. I’m not super deep into lore for most things I like tbh, but I pay attention enough to know a fair amount.

I’ve heard about the original Conan from people who have read the books. Yeah he doesn’t sound like the greatest guy lmao, but seeing another ones life no matter how it’s lived is interesting.

Oh yeah, certainly from ‘another’ time that we have hopefully, collectively moved on from.

The basics regarding command and conquer (with a little bit of pillaging, zealotry and dabblings with the realms of magick) are all present in the game. The world of the Exiled Lands are not some pastural realm of peace, but a allegedly violent place filled with shenanigans, tomfoolery and brandishing of overly sharp, over-sized ‘kitchen and gardening’ utensils.

1 Like