The word ***** cannot be used

Is there a list of words, that cannot be used in Conan Exiles on Xbox?
I wanted to add the official description of the Goddess Derketo to a Lectern, but i was unable to, because of banned words.
I don’t want to use “@” instead of “a”, because it is for roleplay purposes on a co-op save.
It is really stupid, that the devs are able to use words in the game, that players can’t use.

Also it is weird, that you can’t use words, that are regular words in different languages, but curse words in english. Like “d i c k”, which means fat or thick in german.

For a game that is 18+ in nearly all countries in the world and has full nudity (pc & xbox, at least in europe) and a ton of gore and dismemberment, it is really weird not been able to use words that would be common in the setting of the game.
I understand that racial slurs are banned. I would never use words like that in real live or in the game.
But not to be able to use words that are used in the official ingame description makes you wonder what is going on.

I think, there are alot of people who have the same problem.
Don’t get me wrong, i love the game. It is just some weird thing that bugs me.

5 Likes

I have learned something new today.:rofl:

1 Like

Can’t use the word concubine either.

I’ve checked some words now. So far, i am unable to use: slaves, orgies, beastiality, necrophilia, castration, dick, naked, and the usual swear words. So weird…

Here is the official text about Derketo:

The dual nature of Derketo encourages her worshippers to walk the knife-blade between lust and death. Her northern cult, worshipped in Shem and Stygia, is worshipped via elaborate orgies that include bestiality and necrophilia. Her southern cult, worshipped in the Black kingdoms, is focused primarily on sacrifice and death. Those who call upon her avatar will see that her dual nature is built into her very form.

…but strip out the vowels and no issue - the brain is a wonderful thing :slight_smile:

Some countries (and platforms) out there are a little more autocratic and have a hatred for the shortened name for Richard, elder Puritan name trends, and personal status many partners may feel they have when they are getting at a pack of little angels/demons out of bed, washed and ready for school.

1 Like

“strip out the vovels…”
I would love to “strip out the bowels” of the person who thought of censoring “bad words” in a game that is rated 18+ and is 100% not targeted at kids…
:rofl:

Ps: to all moderators and admins of this forum: this is a joke and a pun! No need to get a twitchy trigger finger :wink:

2 Likes

It may not be targeting to kids. I have run into a 8 year old and a 10. They have been at game about 2 years. Still don’t think they should censor their own words. After someone’s crime for hanging was messing with a d@ck. Parents should be monitoring their kids better.

Well we had full nudety but they removed it, ex on crafther thralls and forsed them to wher simple LV 1 fibercloth. The same boring uniform.

But on topick i remember some games have options that you can blure thos bad words.

I’ve just logged out of the game. I have full nudity in the game. When i remove the clothes of my player character or my thralls (fighter and archers), full nudity. Dicks dangling in the wind and all.
Wasn’t removed from the european version of the game.

2 Likes

But not the crafters/preasts!

As far as i know, you could never change the clothes of thralls that need a workstation. At least not without mods. So, PC only.
I’ve asked for that option years ago, but i presume, it is at the bottom of the list of suggestions for the game.

This may be Xbox related, like the nudity policy. Not sure if region will matter to, maybe. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There are at least 4 games with full frontal nudity on xbox. GTA IV, GTA V, Conan Exiles and Cyberpunk 2077. So, i don’t think, it is Xbox related. Microsoft allows alot more on their system. Mod support for some games (with custom content), nudity and more. SONY has very hard restrictions. But not Microsoft.

No sadly we cant do mutch whit the crafting thralls but b4 you was able to find them whit more variation on what they had on or not on as the combat thralls have b4 you take them. And it was even a purge when they was totaly nude so you was able to go around and find crafther that had the variations.

I play on pc, and of course will never understand all these nudity struggles. But other regions, other peoples, other mentalities, i have to believe…

Because Conan Exiles is on PC, XBOX and PS4, there is a delightful fruit salad of rules by which developers must abide. Please recall in the US the Obscenity Standard is very weak: “I know obscenity when I see it,” has been the Congressional refrain since the 60s. Generally in the US, the rather subjective label prurient and gratuitous is what tips the scale between mature content and ****ography. In other words, the devs are quite correctly erring on the side of caution.

3 Likes

Also, Form what I learned from Capcom, Bethesda, Square, Namco, From Software… is they use a fairly standard list, that everyone uses. And its passed around, So certain words that are no fly zone in Europe get added to NA one and on on…

Really isnt anyone to point finger at, and say why did you add all these words… Its just reused list that everyone falls on.

That wouldn’t be so bad except that they keep adding more words to it. It’s one thing to censor a handful of the most offensive words common to the primary markets. But trying to censor anything even remotely offensive to anybody is just going to create an environment where basic conversation is turned into nothing but an illegible string of letters and asterisks. In fact it already has in some cases. I’ve had to default to just turning the filter off if possible on any multiplayer game I get just so the chat is readable.

People need to learn that they do not have the right to not be offended and companies need to learn to stop trying to cater to people who think that they do. Not only is it prudish, childish and silly, but also quite impractical and counterproductive.

2 Likes

Oh… go fudge yourself. Darn it to heck. Who in their right mind doesn’t like babytalk…

Seriously, i get offended when nearly everything gets censored. I hate it, when someone who thinks, is superior to everyone, forces me to talk like a toddler without a working brain.
I like to curse (in multiple languages). This “political correctness” went to far. When i want to play a game that is 18+, or when i want to watch a movie that is 18+, or when i want to listen to music in my own home, i want it raw and uncut, like it is supposed to be. Not some kind of cut to shreds version of it, because some person might get offened on the other side of the earth.

I want to enjoy the brutal, overly sexualized, barbaric world of Conan.
If i want to watch something for pre-schoolers, i watch Teletubbies. Not Evil Dead!

To quote my namesake Eric Duckman from his rant about inoffensive comedy:

Duckman:
Comedy should provoke! It should blast through prejudices, challenge preconceptions! Comedy should always leave you different than when it found you. Sure, humor can hurt, even alienate, but the risk is better than the alternative: a steady diet of innocuous, child-proof, flavorless mush! Demand to be challenged, to be offended, to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults. And raise your children to be the same. Don’t let a comedian, a network, a Congressional committee, or an evil genius take away your freedom to laugh at whatever you want.

2 Likes

This is irrelevant to Conan. The US Congress does not censor games.