This game restarts my computer when I go to launch it

I’ve updated my graphics card. I verified integrity of files. I uninstalled and re-installed the game. I played Overwatch and it ran fine. I played Ark and it ran fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++. I updated Windows. None of these things have had any affect on the computer. My GPU and CPU are not over heating, both staying no more than 60C. With this new update, everytime I try to log into the game, it goes to a solid color screen and restarts my PC. I tried to run the game as an Administrator and it gave me this error: “C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox-Win64-Test.exe” CreateProcess() returned 2.

I cannot load the game past the Funcom Logo. Everytime I try to it crashes my entire computer. I’ve played 55 hours of this game… Prior to the 25th of may update, it hadn’t done this. It did used to crash if I alt-tabbed, but I was prepared for that and just didn’t alt tab. This? I’ve paid 30 some odd dollars for an unplayable game. This is my system information:

Radeon Software Version - 18.5.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Graphics Chipset - Radeon™ RX 460 Graphics
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1196 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor

I should not be having these issues, and yet it absolutely refuses to run. I’ve never had a game do this, even ARK when it was in Alpha stage didn’t do this to my computer.

What is going on??

I had some issues awhile back with this because it was somehow trying to run 2 instances of the game at once dunno how but a reinstall fixed it and never had issues again after.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times now. It hasn’t fixed it. :c

Sad times. Not sure when to suggest as I have not seen that same error.

I use to have a similar one to that with ARK in alpha and it turned out my graphics card was partially burned out and needed to be replaced.

I am not saying that’s your issue

The game is opening up twice! I’m unsure how though and I’ve tried everything to get it to stop.

I’ve figured out the issue! The game is launching twice. I’m not sure why it is, but that’s what is causing my pc to crash. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still doesn’t fix it. The only way for me to play the game is to have task manager up so I can close the second instance of the game. The game runs like this regardless of if I press play in steam, play on my desktop short cut, or launch the EXE in the folder. So for now I have to play it with task manager open until it eventually gets sorted by someone.

Some games don’t doing well if installed under C:\Program files (x86), especially with mods.

I have my game still installed on a game-ssd, i think mostly the best solution. I would try if your game run better, and you can avoid any problem by installing it elsewhere than the default place assigned by steam.

No certitude, but it is worth the trial.