I got the thought that there are too many half products like: Shaped wood, insulated wood, lotus powders, dyes colorants, water filled glass flask/purified water(how can it even come without a flask?), bonemill, alchemical base, hardened skin, layered silk, layered fur, rare spice, stone consolidant.
Their existance is hard to reason if you look at them from the points of view of:
- Convenience (massive number of different items in you inventory and crafting menus)
- Tidyness (how much mess does the halfproducts sums up to, by being everywhere spread around your house)
- Time efficiency (how many needless moves you do by walking bench to bench and chest to chest).
I don’t mean to be rude but honestly conan exiles sometimes bring to your mind playing some kind of Housewife Simulator, especially if sharing house with someone.
Let’s break some examples down:
- Shaped wood is a resource that you could replace in the recipes with just a basic wood + some other ingredient, while insulated wood could be replaced with wood and extra resin
- Grinding lotuses for powders is 100 % unnecessary if you could just replace the powder with lotuses in the recipes.
- Dark and light dye colorants can be removed in a blink of an eye, and replaced with bones/fangs and oil/tar for other recipes that uses them.
- Layered silk’s recipe ingredient could be just more gossamer, not silk.
- Purified water could be entirely replaced with water filled flasks in every single recipe.
- Rare Spices are used in just 4 recipes that you can’t even use unless you read a book in flotsam. They can be replaced with normal spices. Honestly i never even met anyone who would use them.
If you don’t want to change any of these recipies then maybe you should add some extra feats to the game that could allow you to bypass using these halfproducts, these feats would add to or replace your original recipes.
Make new benches (Named workshops??) that are multifunctional like it’s furnace combined with blacksmith’s bench, so that you can craft items straight from the ore, coal, wood, other ingredients like alchemical base to the full final product (optionally even allready upgraded with weapon kit or fitting).
It’s just a suggestion, i just pointed out that the mess in your household should not be one of the mainly challenging enemies in this game, but sometimes it feels like it (unfortunately), and is caused by how many different ingredients there are in the game (and how crafting works). The idea to cutt off some of those or find any way around it just feels kind of rational.