Funcom, the thrall and pet systems runs a continues proximity script that I am sure doesnt help with performance. Might I suggest adding more control over thralls as well as limiting the amount of place able npc’s per person or clan (through server settings).
Thrall control options:
- Passive - Passive will have your placeable npc stand and do nothing and look for nothing using minimal resources.
- Neutral - Sets ur placeable to stand and do nothing until attacked and then the scripts kick in.
- Attack my target - Sets your placeable npc to only attack what you are attacking.
- Guard - Basically what they are at now.
- Attack - command the placeable npc to attack you target.
- Follow - Command the placeable npc to follow you.
- Disband - Fires the placeable npc making them hostile after 30 seconds.
A placeable with the behavior set to passive and movement set to follow you just follow you without scanning for hostiles while if set to neutral will only attack if attacked and if set to aggressive will attack everything near you or attack my target will only attack if you attack the hostile first.
Limiting the quantity of placed placeable npcs to 30(max but adjustable) for a player will also reduce server issues.
I understand this is a complete rework so I dont expect much but it is a very productive and efficient change that could be made. Take it as you will.
in an attempt to limit the “server performance replies” I am aware there are other contributing factors. This is just my one solution to a looping script shortcoming.
What I am not saying:
This shouldn’t affect the amount of placeable npcs you have in storage or thralls in benches just ones you have physically placed down.