Thrall effeciency

To the best of my knowledge you can’t (using in-game knowledge only that is). Which is a glaring design flaw. All thralls need many more stats visible in-game. The Wiki is a great resource, but it’s not acceptable to refer to that for these things.

1 Like

No, this is still the case.
Even now thralls are not effective against large targets like the big dragons and mammuts.
this has not changed

I play PVE-C, my thrall seems to be quite effective with a war hammer against any foe, even versus mammuts and dragons, but not against the mother red dragon in Unnamed city.

Nor pets are effective against her.

This happens just because the attack the dragon do rotating on herself causes everything is following you to bug itself in the ground for the rest of the fight.

But you know what ? I don’t care if my thrall in that position is unable to attack, until the dragon targets him and not me everything is fine :wink:

1 Like

Thralls work very well against large bosses, including the Red Mother, if these thralls are of high quality. My Captain from Sepermeru killed the Red Mother and lost less than one third of her hitpoints. She was equipped with epic flawless Stygian heavy armor and a dragonbone spear.
Now she was knee-deep in the ground below the Red Mother, but that did not help the dragon.

I must say, it seems no one really know as there are to many different opinions.

My conclusion is that the weapon equipped must mean the difference.

If you have tested with a thrall with or without sucess, then tell us what weapon was equipped at the time.

I also know that last time we killed the red mother the thrall using a 2h sword had the aggro most of the time, and as we know, damage turns in to aggro.
But its wery hard to see if the thrall do dps, the dragon usually takes up the whole fov.

Then go away a little distance and let the thrall do all the work alone :wink:

If you want to use a thrall against large bosses, then this thrall needs to meet a few criteria:

• it should be a melee fighter
  • it should have a high amount of hitpoints (more than 5000, I’d say)

Then the thrall needs to be equipped with the best you have in heavy armor and weapons, and the weapon type should fit the type they had when they came from your WoP (otherwise it can happen that they stand around as if not knowing what to do, according to the experience of others).

Of course you can modify weapons and armor further, the loss in durability means nothing if the equipment is on a thrall (their equipment does not experience durability loss).

My thrall is Vathis the Hyerophant (captured before patch) equipped with Hanuman’s Gada.

And what I meant with “no effective” against red mother of dragons was: usually he lands some hits to the dragon after I attacked her and than retreated, than the dragon attack him and when she does that move and bugs Vathis in the ground, but for the rest of fight the dragon targets him even if he’s sometimes totally unable to attack, until I kill her.

Sometimes the dragon lose aggro against him and target me, when this happens this seems able to have Vathis unstuck himself from the ground, attack the dragon again and returning so to the initial fight condition.

I understand all that, and have used thralls a lot for company in fights, both 1h+shield, 2h-pike and club+shield for thrall hunting, and its great to see combos and kicks from thralls.

The point of my initial post was to see if there was any experience from others regarding the biggest mobs in the game, as they where hard to kill with a thrall before, and it didnt matter what weapon they equipped at that time.
And the opther day, i experienced that dalinisa with shield and 1h did not hit the dragon mother at all.

So, have the thrall behavior been adjusted to the better now, i think thats my question.
Is 2h the way to go against the mother, and will the thrall actually hit her:)

Wery good input in this thread thouigh.

Dalinsia is a bit of a disappointment. She comes out of the wheel with a 1-hand sword, and that’s all she’s good at: 1-handers. If you give her blades, or a two-handed sword, or even a pike, she will die to some of the larger creatures. If you give her an upmodded Sword of Crom, she’s adequate. What happens is if the thrall is carrying a mismatched wep, she won’t do combos, and her reaction time is significantly impaired. Dalinsia with Sword of Crom will strike once, then pause, whereas the Cimmerian Berserker slightly below her will go through a 3-4-move combo while carrying any 2-hand sword.

Since I haven’t yet “cracked her code,” if I must take her on village runs, I’ll equip her with a bow, Healing Arrows and the 1-handed Telith if I can spare it. Put her on a perch and she will keep herself (and you) alive with her healing bloom whilst slicing anything/anyone that comes too close to her.

Personally, I like this discovery process, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

Exactly, thats why i mentioned her, Dalinisa is great wielding a 1h + shield, but on the large dragon she didnt hit, she swings but dont connect it seems, thereby no aggro either.
Thats why i feel that maybe in that fight your best choice is a captain or a berserker using a 2h sword or a pike.

It depends on what you’re trying to do. A Berserker with a blunted Serpent Spear is an excellent way to go thralling, as he’s going to kill any non-hackers before they get knocked out. Dalinsia is good for perches.

Wait, weapons and armour don’t loss durability on thralls? Huh… I hadn’t realized. One less thing to worry about. Thanks for the info.

This is mainly becasue the 1H is only better than the maces when it comes to weapons. The attacks combos are very hit or miss, even for players. Change it to an axe ans see what happens with her.

Did a bit of extra testing with the Berserker with a hardened Steel great sword and flawless heavy armor. He was able to kill both targets I tested.

1. the serpent man skeleton, He stayed active on this one and was able to kill it in about 5 minutes, with absolutely zero help from me. His HP ended at about 2469/5130
  2. The large Red Dragon, This one was more difficult because he bugged out when I wasn’t fighting so I periodically went up and bare knuckle punch her a few times I had to run away to get him to teleport out of the ground. He was able to kill it in about 11 minutes with all the issues we had. Not sure if staying actively engaged in the fight would have made it better. His HP ended 2249/5130

I may have gone a little off your original topic but I wanted to test the effectiveness without the “Sword of Crom”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.