Thrall killed for no reason

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: Russia

I was in my base, placing some items, when I got the message “Kathibria Featherstep was killed while following you”. She was following me, but there was no combat and, as I mentioned, I was in my base completely safe.
The only weird thing I noticed prior to her untimely death was that she was stuck in a foundation 2-3 tiles away from me, trying to run. I didn’t think of it much since it was not the first time that happened, so I don’t know if this was the cause. Also, besides losing one of my favorite thralls, I couldn’t even recover her gear since her body was probably under the foundation.
The only other logical reason of her death would be heatstroke, but, as far as I know, thralls are not affected by weather, unless that has changed. Event log only says she died without giving a reason.
If it helps: base is near the north end of the Bridge of the Betrayer, west side, near the frozen lake, but not on the ice. When I log in while in that base, I also spawn half way into the foundation.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Unknown.
2 Likes

Thralls don’t suffer from heatstroke or frostbite.
They don’t feel temp at all, so no, that’s not the reason.

She falled to dead, or get so stuck that she died.
First thing, don’t let your thralls in follow mod while in base. This isn’t safe. Not because of combat, but because your thrall try to follow still on the straigtest way he can. So fall damage are so most frequent.
I saw so many post about dead thralls in follow, mostly in base. They ended in yog-pit, or falled to dead. You need care more when coming home, put them to guard. So they stay at the spot you let them, and you can pick them up again when ever you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We were both on the ground level, so she wouldn’t fall much… theoretically. Yog pit was on the floor above, so she probably got stuck to death. She was following because I was about to use the map room in a couple of minutes, which is on the second floor. Thanks for the tips. If I knew that home base is so dangerous for thralls, I would have built it differently.

2 Likes

This did happen to many of us, don’t worry to much.
Yes, thralls don’t think, and follow often in a bit stupid way. So better to stop them at time. :wink:

1 Like

Not likely she died because she was stuck, but instead she teleported out of the area to her death.
Such as she teleported to you right onto spikes or palisades. Or is you had run upstairs she could have teleported to you and teleported onto that Yog pit.

She has teleported to the yog pit most likely … they are death traps but what confuses me is that you said you have built in the snowy area but suspect heatstroke to be the reason for her death. Why is that?

2 Likes

I have built khitan lamps in the same one spot on each floor. Standing on that spot at any floor gives me a heatstroke very quickly.
If she did teleport to Yog then it is weird because I was one floor down coming from outside, so I had not been at the Yog floor for some time. What happened is that I was looking at her running in the floor, I turned around to place a chest, heard a scream and got the death message. When I turned back there was nothing left, no corpse, no body parts, nothing.
As an update, perhaps related, I ran with another thrall from H4 to E11. Just running, no fights. I’m 100% sure that when I started he was at full health, but at the end he was missing over 2000 hit points. I have no idea why, I will try to reproduce it.

A similar issue popped up on ps4, might be related:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.