Thrall Limit after Live Stream

Given that these limits are set by the server owners, they wouldn’t even need to adjust them in the builds at all, it’s just a matter of setting it up the servers. Whether they want to differentiate between official console and official PC server settings is another matter, of course.

Private servers and single-players are already up to the server owner’s preference, so no change there.

2 Likes

Well after watching the live stream, I think we can all agree… No one needs more than 55-100 (maybe a bit more.) thralls that have the possibility to have 22k HP…

1 Like

I’ll watch the recorded video once I’m free from work to see if they properly addressed the Purge defense issues, but I really, really doubt it. The problem I have is not that I need strong thralls for defense, it’s that I need to place enough of them to cover all approaches. Since the AI is really buggy and dumb, and the target acquisition range for thralls is short, there’s no way I can cover the whole base with only a handful of thralls. Ideally, I could reduce the number of guards for my main base from 24 to 6, but that’s only if: 1) the AI can pick up targets from farther away than now, and 2) the Purge can’t spawn inside my base anymore. If #2 is still buggy, I have to use at least 12 thralls.

And that doesn’t even begin to cover the question of bases like this one (not mine, btw).

So yeah, I believe the most passionate PVE players who buy all the DLCs to build nice things are screwed. Then again, I know Funcom doesn’t care about that. DLCs are not really their source of income, they’re just a hook to reel new players in and maintain some interest in existing player base.

1 Like

I could make the same argument and suggest you rent a private server if you don’t want any limit on how many thralls you can place.

Please share your feedback about the follower cap in the main thread: