Thrall limit, death for pve

To make my opinion it is relevant, after a while you ahve gotten every recipe, you ahve all crafter thralls you want. So if i cant make my own zoo or village and get thralls for those, what is it left to do??
There are no raidgroups or grouping at all and the gear and weapon you want you amke your self so the Vaults and world bosses are useless to make.

Why even make surges/purges to get thralls you dont need or can put out? These updates are for pvp mostly, like i have said everytime.

I too enjoy building, but I make sure I don’t build too much or in the way.
You can build a very I mean very very big base with this limit.

If you want to build more, break something else down and make a new build this is how I do it.

The other problem that’s going to be worse is the palisade spam to compensate for the lack of defence in bigger bases, I’m not talking about the 2-3 layers but I’ve seen people spamming 10-20 layers of palisades…

I have built a big main base and 2 smaller ones. But to tear apart and build again is not a sollution that will make ppl to stay on servers^^. And abput pallisades, how are funcom gona do about that, isn’t that also a kind of using a glitch or abuse the game, like someone mentioned above that having many thralls was/is?

I have also my own server only exile for now. So i am going to just log on to official to uppdate decay time from now on. And that will not trigger a purge and if it does i can revoke it.

Pretty sure it was intended to be a survival adventure game, not a build simulator. I say this as someone who LOVES the building in this game. But I’ve been on official PVE, PVP and Private servers. Building limits and thrall limits are an excellent idea. The size of base some people build is just ridiculous. It’s selfish when playing on a server with other people. And PVP servers? The land claim goes beyond stupid. I play on SP only now, and I still don’t build nearly as big as a lot of people do. This is nothing compared to most bases on PVE servers.

3 Likes

OK, you may be right, but this game are not good in the survival and adventure thing. You lvl up to 60 in 2-4 days, you get a good newbie named thrall. With this fighter you kill almost anything in the game. After a week or 2 you get a higher named fighter thrall that help you. Lets say that it takes 2 month to get the best recipes you want for weapon and gear. There you have done the game in 3 month. Left to do is building only since it is in the game, if you wasn’t suppose to build so much they should have made an limit of building pieces from start that you can have.

Thx for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

As Barnes I have 5,440 PC hours ostensibly on PvP servers, and as alts have more than 2,000 on the PS4 exclusively on PvP. Considering 97 percent of all my PC playtime has been PvE, I feel qualified to reply to this.

When you go to your Uncle Rich’s library, he’ll let you take out anything you want in piles of hundreds. Because he’s Rich. When you go to the public library, they put a limit on the number of items you can withdraw. In this way, the maximum number of consumers can enjoy themselves.

As a (mostly :lizard:) PvE player, there’s always lots to do. I guess without the pressing need to improve and harden your base, you might lack motivation to keep playing. On the flip side, if you need to turn your public server into a full-on Malibu Stacy playhouse, perhaps you lack imagination.

3 Likes

What is it to do after 13 k hours in Pve?? There is nothing or anything i have not done or seen. So we are back to build and get thralls for those buildings^.

yes, there is 1 thing i do, i run around to see if i can loot and destroy others decayed buildings.

I like(d) dressing up as me and going into the Sinner’s cave and doing a little dance. I’ll even park a dancer above to get the full effect. The abject horror on a new player’s reactions are amazing if I can pull it off. The trick is making the terrain above my head hide my name badge.

Before I became a thrallable dancer, I’d do the same thing at the Darfari zone or Sepermeru. Of course that requires making the clothes, dyeing them spot-on and just waiting around for prey. Alternatively it’s great to just mix things up. Have you considered creating a large “hollywood letter” message east to west across the tall sandstone divider below the Highlands?

2 Likes

This will be my last reply.

Thx to you who replayed here and i know what to do with my time in conan til a new game come.
I gona build more and bigger (need farming resources) and farm Lesser??? to revoke purges all the time. Put out a lot of pallisades to defend if i get a purge.

BB and have fun^^

lol. Funny how 9n some threads there are complaints about CM feedback, yet here you had to link the main thread on a new thread. Literally just saw another where I flagged the CMs to fold that one into the main thread, as well as letting that OP know to search and join in on those instead of another duplicate topic.

1 Like

thousands…pvp mostly, but pvp is still 90%pve and lag is lag…server type doesn’t change that.

They aren’t necessarily 9nly for collecting. They are supposed to destroy buildings and give you random event to “spice’” up end game. But many think anybdamage done by them is bad, so they are too weak to do that, and thus fall into a farming category now.

2 Likes

When the Nords want you gone, they send dudes with little pickaxes who go after your blocks. It’s amazing. You’re spot on about people’s attitudes toward The Purge. It’s supposed to mess you up. I always say “be thankful you weren’t being raided at the same time.” Because that. That’s not as fun.

3 Likes

@5k hours atm. I play both pve and pvp…most hours spent on pve and only on officials, both siptah and exiled lands. Why u ask if i may?

Spam on officials; thralls, buildings, all making performance a big nasty experience.

1 Like

If your point doesn’t stand on its own, without comparing how many hours we have, then it’s not a very good point. Still, I’m pretty confident that the time I spent on this game – 4320 hours since I bought it in February 2017 – should pass whatever filter you’re desperately trying to put on our arguments :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and none of it was in PVP. It was mostly PVE-C, a decent chunk of PVE, and some single-player.

If you can’t make a zoo or a village on an official server without exceeding your hard cap, then you should either do it in single-player or on a private server.

In the meantime, you should also join those of us who have been asking Funcom for years now to add cosmetic followers to the game. Those would be followers that can’t fight, don’t have an AI, and don’t count towards the follower cap – just like crafter thralls.

Asking Funcom to implement what we need to make us happy is more useful and productive than throwing a temper tantrum because they implemented a measure to help the server performance.

2 Likes

Whahaha :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.