Thrall nerf effectively ruins end game solo player progression

amen to that

There is one major thing that has changed, and it can kill any thrall pretty quick. And that’s how all the enemies come at you all at once.

Before the patch. the enemies attacked you like a martial arts movie. No more than 3 would attack you at a time, and the rest just hung back waiting for their chance to jump in.

After the patch, the enemies attack you like a zombie apocalypse movie. All of them want to eat your brains, and they’re not waiting in line. It’s easy for you (or your thrall) to get shoved into a corner and stun-locked to death.

Also, thralls don’t warp to you at short range anymore. They warp to you at very long range.
Can you run 10 miles fast enough in order to save your thrall from a 12-man tickle contest?

3 Likes

Thralls are an integral part of the game that just had a major rework in the perk system. If you dont want to play using thralls, find a server or rent one that suits your playstyle and limits or removes them. Nerfing thralls will make leveling them less attractive and if people are complaining about dying thralls now, imagine it worse.

Yes its called Conan Exiles. I don’t see the point you’re making. If by comparing Conan to a game that has decades of success now, well, I’m not sure you’re making the dig you hope to make. I hope Conan is as successful with the longevity of Pokemon (even though I never played it). Games borrow successful mechanics.

2 Likes

So you rather me hang back and let them be the hero while you are the slave fetching them food, water, making them weapons and armor while they beat the big bad guys and you coward behind them? I’m sorry but that’s not the game with name “Conan” should be like. Players should be the fighters, the heroes, the ones going infront and conquering the exile lands. The perk system you praise needs a lot of work, specially when you get t4 fighter thralls with accuracy points by default. Thralls should be an asset to your army or your arsenal, not your whole damn army.

1 Like

Well i can see your point. Now, my character has maximum 500 hp and my thrall 8 to 18 thousands hp. If i had this hp why would i bother to have a thrall. Plus if we had this hp how many hours would be a pvp fight, we would have to take a tea break between the fight :joy::joy::joy:. Scott Junior however to the last stream said clearly that they are working the idea of our characters to be the true heroes of the game. So please be patient my friend your wish is about to come true :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. One day you will dominate alone :+1:.

You can join the fray; I do. If you’re hanging back and letting your thrall do all the work, dont blame the thrall. Thats on you.

1 Like

Maybe if you used your time thinking a bit more instead of using so many emojis you would realize that I never mentioned having the same hp or damage as a thrall. I know its hard to see change but there are more positives than negatives to nerfing thralls when it comes to damage.

Maybe if you were really reading with positive energy and not negativity then you would realize that i agreed with you. Chill out dude :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, that tripped me out first time I realized that. I jumped off a couple of ledges and got to running when I realized I didn’t hear footsteps. I’m like,“Where’d he go?” Then I see him off in the distance running towards me. He went around instead of the usual teleport. Lol

See and I love that. It’d always irked me that half the camp would stand oblivious as you slaughtered their mates. Doing the pirate ship was already challenging now the whole ship goes hog on you.

also, they eat so much gruel now that I now find
myself spending most of my time making gruel.

Right, what are we? Exiles fighting for freedom, conquest and booty or cooks for the slaves?

Use a cook thrall. There is a slave for that. The player is the leader aka “manager”. Anyone who thinks a leaders life is all action and excitement is sorely misled. The “grunts” do all the fun stuff.

2 Likes

Yo los veo igual

Are you sure about that one? Genghis Khan fought almost every battle in his life and suffered lots of wounds from it. He still built a great empire and influenced his time period heavily. William Wallace lead his troops in every fight against the English, so did Napoleon during his time. Seems to me like you are sorely misled my friend.

Like a modern-day supply clerk, The Khan issued silk blouses to his men so that they could better survive the enemy’s arrow. However, in my history books I find no mention of his working at a loom.

An action committed in anger
is an action doomed to failure.
~ Genghis Khan

Please be gentler. We’re all friends here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I lead my thralls, not sit back and watch them fight. Sounds like you dont. You have to manage them and yourself.

3 Likes

They are integral, and people can choose not to use them. Both are consistent.

Show me the quote wher I said they were “unbalanced”.

2 Likes

Because the mobs are swarming the thrall. The thrall picks an enemy but they just keep getting between them so the thrall is not able to reach and hit their target.
That’s what I’m seeing. They just stand still with the weapon in their hands and get beaten up.

1 Like

The AI is much better now. You have to think ‘Tactically’ now. Meaning you have to study your landscape and find the choke pokes and not let them flank. If there are no choke points (almost everywhere has them) then you are at a tactical disadvantage. Don’t engage. Lure them to the choke points for the win!

On my old server and some that I have played in the past and even less than a month ago I see players ALL THE TIME just running straight in expecting to mow everything down easily. Well is WAS this easy and so terribly mind numbing bore-fest. Things have changed for the better now.

As for Followers they are still really tough. They ARE different now but still amazing. I also never just let them take something solo. I get in there and help fight things. Can I be lazy? Sure. If you are lazy and just taking the easy road
hmmm
idea
just leave the follower at base?

Yeah I know
vanilla Bosses/Minis are HP sponges. I play with my own server and cut their HP by 50% and make them hit harder
it means mods but it also means a MUCH better gaming experience.

2 cents. YMMV

2 Likes

Nice one, bravo @Rohi really enjoyed this post, thank you. You know i have a bad habit, i am a smoker. So sometimes when i farm on the unnamed city i know that the brute boss is my smoking break :joy::joy::joy:. So sometimes, yes my thrall, fights alone, i am smoking in my balcony and i watch it fight. To be honest i love the idea that i have this option.

1 Like