Thrall nerf to far?

I’m throwing an idea to fight against the offline raid, a buff that applies to slaves that triples their life point when no clan member is online, only for pvp servers not for others.

There are trebs and gods tho, so actual invincibility is where you would need to go for that.

Yea, but like I pointed out a few times…
People complain about everything… all the time :smiley:

You can’t take the complaints of people at face value and construct doomsday scenarios in your head based on their experiences without having your own. You need to take all of that with a grain of salt. How do you know they’re not just clumsy and messed up and instantly jump to complaining because changes are coming so why the hell not? :stuck_out_tongue:

On top of it, in all fairness for every one case of someone claiming they lost a thrall because they’re too weak… there are at least as much people saying they tested it and it’s fine…

In all fairness what does Funcom do in this situation? In my opinion they go through a thread like this and count the people… they see about 5 people pushing the issue of thralls being too weak… it’s just those same 5 replying to every post… and 4 of them haven’t actually tried it… Does that seem like valuable feedback objectively speaking… does that seem like something that would change a developer’s mind? I don’t know about that…

I sincerely doubt there will be any measurable “player losses” due to this feature… like 2 people in this thread might switch to single player… but in the grand scheme of things there are far more controversial things coming that dwarf this in comparison… like sorcery or probably the most controversial being the ingame item shops…
Again, these come across as completely empty threats, players have been starting threads here with the “Funcom is losing all their players” doomsday scenario on a lot of subjects… whether it be PvP balance, thralls, offline raiding, whatever… and objectively what does the data say?.. that they have been gaining players… not losing them recently, despite summer holidays…

With that being said, I still hold my stance on this… I think people should take testlive feedback with a grain of salt and hold out on forming rock-solid opinions based on second-hand experience of people they don’t even know that well.
On the subject of thralls thou I still think the best solution would be implementing some way to regain your thralls from death so there’s no permanent asset loss because of bugs / risky fights / etc. I’d actually like to see that and would fully support a system like that. I think if that was in place, everybody would be much more open to the idea of balancing thralls.

In any case I’m hoping for the best even thou I have my own concerns about various topics, thou so far I’m liking a lot of the spoilers :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s people who have tried using the now-defunct sword of crom and sent them in to die. Personally from what testing I have done with the thralls, two levelled berserkers against the arena champion, red mother, and various world bosses have been able to handle the challenge. Full authority with 3/4 corruption makes them incredibly powerful, especially if you couple that with authority boosting armor. If anything, they killed bosses even faster as you trade off some of their already massive health pool for two of them attacking. Zombies you can have up to four, and they wreck house too

3 Likes

My findings reflect the same!

@Xevyr vy Sim também concordo com você os jogadores não estão saindo e sim quem está de férias também não está conectado ou se conectando. Como já havia dito antes aqui sobre PVP confira por favor
Thrall nivel 20 e corpo de itens em nuvem - PC Discussion / Testlive Discussion - Funcom Forums

@Palm523 por favor confira por que isso acontece no link da discursão acima vou resumir aqui. Não estão saindo do cona e sim guardando os corpos vai entender no link acima.

@Funcom_Community Estou jogando e testando todas as funções quando há oportunidade estou postando aqui também e também tenho dúvidas sobre alguns assuntos da atualização porém ficar puxando o mesmo assunto para tentar chamar atenção dos desenvolvedores não é a questão. Vejo que muitos estão com um certo medo da atualização a grande maioria são dos jogadores com base pronta porém devemos focar no assunto para ajudar todos e não a se próprio.

Resumindo o servidor de teste serve justamente para tirar todas as dúvidas que a comunidade tenha porém não podemos tentar resolver os próprios interesses e sim de toda a questão e balanceamento disso antes era focado no Thrall como mais forte até mesmo que nós jogadores. Hoje com a atualização isso será concedido a nós por isso acho que todos devem entender dessa forma os jogadores “nós” serão os principais personagens e mais forte que nosso Thrall.

Deixa o Thrall como secundário é ótimo assim somos os principais personagens como já deveria ser desde antes porém entendo que antes a funcom queria nos ensinar a jogar tendo um Thrall como nossa babá. Devem entender que somos os jogadores principais e o melhor do conan é o PVP sim recomendo. Para quem não se adaptar com as novas formas de gameplay em Age of Sorcery recomendo jogar em servidores PVE ou PVE conflito.

Give it time to play it. There have been many changes where I felt the same at the beginning, but only realized after a few weeks of playing how the changes meshed with everything else, and how they actually opened new ways to have fun.

And vice versa, some changes that I was sure I was going to love ended up being things I disliked a lot.

I’m not saying it’s always like that. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But an astonishing amount of negativity comes from people who criticize the changes based on their preconceptions and never even try adapting.

These forums sometimes remind me of a friend of mine whose kid is the same age as mine. Back when our kids were together in kindergarten, my friend told me a story about his son’s picky eating habits: his kid loved bananas, but hated apples to such a degree that he refused to eat a banana when his dad told him that particular banana was just a new kind of apple.

3 Likes

Change your priorities, if you work on a t2 taskmaster first you could get a named thrall in less than 24 hours

No, it doesn’t. If you put a T4 thrall on a wheel of pain without a taskmaster, it will take 25 hours 48 minutes 40 seconds. If you want to optimize, the best thing you can do is break a T4 taskmaster first and then every subsequent named thrall will take 10 hours 19 minutes 28 seconds.

So no, it won’t take you more than 3 days to break a T4 thrall, regardless of where you got it or whether you have a taskmaster or not.

1 Like

A lower-race T4 takes about 4 hours to bring to level 20. I think breaking them takes 10 hours with a T4 Taskmaster running the wheel according to this.

On almost all the servers I play on I run Stygian Level III fighters and archers - those are middle-race thralls as I understand it. Those are OP at level 10 and just about invincible at level 20 - with a little care.

BTW, achieving level 60 depends entirely how you play the game. My first run through with the game it took me several months. My second time through I was level 60 in something like 10 or 12 hours. :slight_smile: Typically it now takes me two 8 to 10 hour sessions - just goofing around.

1 Like

Sorry, but im not going to read all that. Im gunna play the game the way that i want to play. I was just giving them a tip on how to get a t4 in the first 24 hours. The great thing about this being an open world game is you can play it however you want. Also, please, dont try and ‘teach’ me how to play this game. I have over 2000 hours, im good thanks

1 Like

If you put a T1-3 taskmaster in the wheel at the same time as Gothrad, they’ll finish first. Then you put them in the thrall slot and Gothrad speeds up

1 Like

@Yshtola Um Deus mata todos os Thrall com menos de 1 minuto pode ver aqui

Veja o vídeo por favor pode ajudar tirar sua dúvida quanto a isso Xirra servidor oficial PVP 1999 - YouTube
repare que fiz um resumo de nossa guerra no servidor oficial porém, abrimos toda a base com Deus e não foi apenas um que invocamos sim limpamos todo o servidor que estava em guerra tudo com PVP e raid parede não irão te salvar.
Lembrando que dominar um servidor não é permitido mas já falei disso antes, acho que a funcom já recebeu tantas reclamações de servidores com Alphas que criaram novas ferramentas para eliminar a todos nivelando todos que estão no mesmo nível 60. Veja como pode deixar seu Thrall com os melhores atributos e repare se estão com os que você quer que seja como havia explicado em outro post Thrall nerf to far? - #326 by tiagoturilli Resumindo você pode trocar os atributos de seus Teimos ou de qualquer Thrall.
Tenho uma dica também para quem usa o teletransporte que será muito útil para jogadores de PVP como já expliquei também no post Testlive Update 3.0: The Age of Sorcery - Discussion Megathread - #279 by tiagoturilli Resumindo uma pirâmide com espinhos irá ajudar
Espero ter ajudado a tirar algumas dúvidas @Funcom_Community

1 Like

Where did you get this number from?

Yes!

Yes! No one knows what 3.0 values will be yet.

No one actually knows yet. What is in TestLive and what will release may or may not be the same.

Don’t make assumptions. Just because I defer all expert opinion to you on our server doesn’t mean a whole lot other than I think it’s good for the bromance. :wink:

Yes.

I guess I’ve spawned just about every single one already - and leveled them all up to 20 too.

But it’s currently impossible to bring anything else because no one knows yet. And you said "let me know how useful frigga falsehope IS… not will be in 3.0 when it finally releases in 40 or 50 days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? But who cares about that? It’s temporary. OK, well, just load it up and spawn her in then. Problem solved. You know how to check stats right?

Don’t be too hasty in thinking they are being nerfed damage wise. The modifiers are most likely adjusted downward to compensate for the armor values granting % damage using strength/agility weapons.

Redeemed Silent Legion helmet and chest both grant +8% damage while using strength weapons if crafted with a T4 armorsmith. There are other pieces out there that grant +8% as well so by mixing and matching your epic armor you can get +40% damage bonus to strength based weapons.

I have a Treasure Seeker with 6273 health i’m testing with at the moment who reaches 7715 health with the well-trained perk (20 point authority).

Note: As of this morning (08/08/22) typing GetFollowerStat Damagemodifiermelee is no longer showing any modifiers. Not sure what is going on there.

1 Like

i’ve only got about 5m to test stuff out this morning but that Treasure Seeker is doing around 150-200 dmg per hit of his greatsword and a full combo on an elephant is over 600 dmg. It’s not that bad. I will try to test some lower tier fighters and exile t4’s at some stage as well.

1 Like

Here’s a tier 1 cimmerian exiled with good vitality perks reaching 4754 health. This is the best out of a group of 16 tier 1 exiled. The worst was 878 health with negative vitality perks but on average they were getting 3k health at level 20 with zero authority.

I want to stress that I’m expressing no negative or positive emotions toward thralls right now, this is test live, I’m purely interested in numbers and enjoy finding all the information purely for curiosity sake. I’m not interested in telling funcom how to adjust their game but by going through this bit by bit we might find another “Teimos” situation where the vitality/health ratio hasn’t been updated and it can get nipped in the bud before going live.

3 Likes