Thrall nerf to far?

Ill admit my concern is for PvE base defense too. Ive seen that active followers can still survive just fine if we help them, especially when complemented by authority perks.

But that leaves guard followers in the dust. If there was a revive system for all followers, that’d honestly fix it for me.

They really shouldnt carry as hard as they do but I hate seeing heavy casualties. Give me a solid chance to pull them off deaths door.

My last bit for this conversation, DBD should definitely be turned on for PvP servers. I havent played it for ages, PvP isnt really my thing nowdays anyways, but its obvious raids and offline raids in particular are way too easy.

2 Likes

Now imagine it for pvp.

Exactly why I suggest DBD, it would negate offlining. From there, Followers would be way easier to balance.

Arent there are separate server settings for player damage to Followers? That could be a bandaid fix for now.

1 Like

Maybe, but you are not going into a bikini…ever.

3 Likes

Except the same could’ve been done by purely focusing on buffing the player. Stronger players mean weaker thralls in PvP while still retaining thrall’s usefulness against solo world bosses in PvE without taking away the idea that you’re stronger than your thrall.
I wouldn’t mind them getting that awfully nerfed, if we could revive them, but permanently killing them after spending so much time improving them, carefully selecting their diets to increase specific attributes and crafting expensive armor for them, only for them to die by the dozen isn’t really fun.
Just stop caring for thralls and use them for bait.

1 Like

Thanks for testing all this out for us Katniss, you’re alleviating fears I believe, mine included!

:herb: Hakeem of The Sapphire Shores :herb:

1 Like

try a cimmerian berserker purge , at max level , it will be carnage , and if you are alone you will die, and die and die, they might leave a few foundations standing tho. XD

that is the nasty purge i have encountered, and with that purge there is casualties as of now, unless you have 100 thralls in front of them, with the nerf, well, there will be no human trahlls standing after wave 2

1 Like

Yeah, I know. It’s like that even now, without any nerfs. That’s why I don’t build in those regions unless I have clanmates, or unless it’s a build I don’t mind losing. :man_shrugging:

there is a couple reason people do purges, a challenge and a reward, having powerfull thalls (10 of them) will kill everthing but negates any captures. what they are encouraging is to put down tons of thralls as defenders, to counter their weakness, you increase numbers.

nerfing hp i think its bad, lowering theier damage is ok but maybe not to -50% ,. pets seems stronger now, yet there is no pet that deals concussive damage. wich i think is needed.

5 Likes

Tbf, you just need to have more guards. Dalinsia and rhts out of the box have decent health without leveling, so meat shield for the same health has more attacks.

They did you mean

I sympathize (trust me) but for purge defense, it is just a numbers game. Your handpicked herd will survive just fine if you handpick to make up for the numbers. I had an assortment of named for many level 6 purges and never lost one. I think with sobek purge I had maybe 7-8 dalinsias and that was sufficient. Just gear them up right (which is a new variable with the new stats) and you will find that guard thralls are not an issue.

And here’s the golden question that I’ve been wondering about too. I depend on my network of guards for purges AND base security. If they’re dropping like flies because OP players are mowing through them that becomes a concern to me.

Now of course, since I run the damn server I suppose I could just mess with the thrall damage sliders but I detest messing with those settings (it took my wife glaring at me to lower the friendly fire modifier to the lowest possible). BUT this is not an option for everybody. So at this point I’d like to propose another change: Give us a way to passively buff base guards to make them tougher. I don’t care if it’s through the thrall pot or troughs, just figure out a way. We’re on PvP 24-7 and I’d rather not wake up to an event log full of red slaughter…

2 Likes

I do understand, but with the new stats, thralls are a lot more than a vit and str number. Gear on a thrall is very important. My friend and I held off a cimmerian ourge with just me, him and his two zerks that were wearing hand me down cimmerian heavy. Your character is quite improved so during a purge, if you help your buddies, it is no trouble.

All I’m saying is, purge defense is not the part of the nerf people will notice…

1 Like

I agree with this and I was thinking about a similar thing earlier, that it would be really nice to have the ability to resurrect dead followers somehow and not as zombies, but just bring them back the way they were in case they get killed. Especially since most of the time thrall deaths happen as a result of a bug or something similar going sideways and very rarely is it happening under “normal circumstances”

2 Likes

dear @Community

i will advice that you do your nerf to half of the values right now, and see how that goes from there, you can always cut down more if needed. but as it is, i believe it can be too much

please check thralls defences with powerfull purges, i can agree with losses as intended feature, but totally wipe all thralls defencess and destroy mosf of the base is simply too much.

1 Like

If every dead follower dropped a “carcass” or “lifeless body” type of item that we could…I dunno…place into some sort of religious altar…and…y’know…pray for help…trading some sort of measure of devotion for a renewed chance at life for our fallen buddies…jus’ sayin’…

5 Likes

Make them impossible to kill, make them unconscious as if they were hit with a truncheon, then you can carry them to a bed where they can recover which can take the same amount of time as converting them through the wheel of pain… it’s basically doing the same thing with different visuals and different circumstances. They’ll die if you leave the area, or after 30 minutes.
I’m sure a lot of us won’t mind that it means carrying them tied by their feet with a lasso.

3 Likes

No but I get all my crafters out and about. Purge thralls havent had added benefit for awhile.

1 Like

Yeah I like an assortment. All the purges I had were sobeks and stuff that didnt have crafters based on my location.