Thrall/Pet Loyalty instead of Limiting

I’ve heard that there might be a limit on the number of thralls and/or pets a player can have. Of course it hasn’t been announced officially or anything but I thought that while you guys are working on it that I might make a suggestion for you to brainstorm to see if it’s viable. A Thrall/pet loyalty system.

All thralls and pets would have a loyalty meter, like the old hunger system did, except that loyalty could be increased not just by feeding but also by having a thrall following you, gaining exp or killing stuff.

Each thrall/pet at lvl 1 (just broken on the wheel of pain or grown in the animal pen) would start with a loyalty cap of 100 and initially given 25 loyalty. Then with whatever means (feeding, killing stuff, exp gains, following) players could fill their thrall or pets loyalty to the cap (100).

I also think this system should be like moat things in Conan. They decay. A player would lose 1 loyalty every hour of real time. That means a newly broken thrall would only last 25 hours unless the player increases their loyalty. If thralls or pets loyalty reaches 0 it will break the bond and they disappear.

This aspect would help lower lag and free up space on servers. Like those thralls that keep you from building on a lovely piece of land because their player hasn’t logged in for a very long time and just stands there looking pretty or looking down on you…sometimes literally because they now live in the sky. You know the ones, Exiles.

I also think that the loyalty cap should increase by leveling your thrall or pet. It could be increased every level or every few levels. I think that at max level a thrall should have a cap of 200 loyalty. This means that players could leave their thralls and pets alone for over a week before they might worry about losing them if they took the time to build them up.

I thought this was a good idea instead of posting limits to the number of thralls/pets a player can have. I understand it’s probably a lot harder to implement than a limit. However, as a player myself, I know I’d prefer a system like this in place rather than a limit. I think players would be more careful how many thralls and pets they have if those thralls and pets can disappear. Plus the fact there is more work involved in maintaining said thralls and pets. And again, thralls, of players long since gone, disappearing would definitely unclog and speed up servers in my opinion.

Ok I’ve said my piece and given all I have to give…whether or not you do it is up to you, Funcom.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.