Thrall pet travelled 1250 meters from where I left it to die on a mountaintop

Game mode: [ Online official ]
Type of issue: [ Bug | Other ]
Server type: [ PvE-Conflict #6156]
Region: [ Anerica ]
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: No ]

Bug Description:

My greater wolf thrall was next to me in my base when I logged out last night. When I awoke today, I check the logs to find out it died 1250 meters from where I left it. I tracked it through diminishing meter count to find the location it died was up a mountain without any monsters nearby.

I have images to support this, but unable to upload here.

Expected Behavior:

I expect the thrall not to have travelled anywhere after I log out
 and would like the thrall to be restored.

Installed Mods:

If you answered ‘Yes’ to using mods, please list all your active mods. Otherwise, skip or delete this section.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

The thing that mostly can happen is that the player during a trip moved manuallly the thrall/pet for a reason. Moving the thrall/pet will update his home-position. So when you log-out afterward, it’s waiting 10 minute, then return “home”. What can in this case be a mountain top, then get killed there.

That’s the scenario i saw mostly. Still make sure at home-base to set a new home for your followers.

My character and thrall had never been to the location they died at. Their home was set outside my base door and I hadn’t traveled away from my base more than 50 meters in several days.

What was the location they died at ? Middle map, 0.00 coords maybe ?

Don’t have coords
 it was on top of a mountain (that I’ve never climbed before) at the NE corner of D9 on the map grid.

Not to instill doubt, but do you have any clan mates? Just wanna eliminate the possibility that another player moved your wolf.

I can totally see this happening.

“I’m just gonna borrow Sylvan’s Greater Wolf pet while he’s offline. After all, what he doesn’t know can’t hurt him.” :grin:

Gets Greater Wolf killed while climbing a mountain.

“Oh shi
” :grimacing:

Logs off.

2 Likes

lol. Happens all the time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.