Thrall Spawning Issues Post 1-Year-Anniversary Patch Part 1 (2 Alchemist Spawns)

Game mode: [Online official | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Bug | Misc]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I was testing spawns of named/T4 Thralls in several NPC hubs
  2. using a respawn multiplier, I was able to check several outcomes per spot in few seconds
  3. Since I knew most of the spawns I was testing from official play I was trying some of the spots that weren’t adressed in the latest update
  4. Some of those spawned as I expected and showed up the named thralls I knew from the past were there
  5. For the most part, this went fine. But I couldn’t find a single named Alchemist for the following factions: Heirs of the North at Wardtowers and Votaries of Skelos.
  6. After killing the previous spawning positions over and over, none of them spawned, despite the fact that I could reproduce a majority of other T4 Thralls.

My conclusion would be that by including the Darfari Witch Doctor in the game, some stuff in the Alchemist NPC table got mixed up.

1 Like

Hey @Estha

Please allow us to merge all of your reports regarding NPC spawns into this one as we think it’s the same issue we just fixed. It’ll come out with our next hotfix, to be released ASAP. :slight_smile:
Thanks for your feedback and sharing your findings with us.

1 Like

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

2. using a respawn multiplier, I was able to check several outcomes per spot in few seconds
  3. I checked out Sepermeru after the reset, and I was already there several times on an official pve. I know which NPCs spawn there, usually.
  4. I noticed that ALOT of spawns are very similar, I’d think I made a list of 15 or so where both T4 Dancers, the T4 Tanner and the (old) T4 Cook spawn sometimes - almost every profession was represented with several ranks.
  5. I only found a single spot for all of the armorers, but was able to get one of them on a “Switcheroo” spot (see above). I don’t think this is intended. Imho it is more likely most of the spawns in the city where to give you a lot of different T4 Thralls each with a very small chance, but evenly spread out. The way it works now is it almost exclusively gives you Ranks 1-3 from almost all professions, then those 4 (Inigo, Thutmekri, Bragoras, Luba)
  6. The Entertainers had ridiculously many spots, and so did Bragoras. This up from 1 or 2 spots each seems a bit much?
  7. The Captain is nowhere to be found.
  8. Lissa and Mandughai (Archer T4) can spawn almost everywhere, this seems also a bit extreme for my taste.
  9. I wasn’t able to find a single Daya Leaddrinker (Smelter). Despite various spots spawning Smelters, but never above rank 3.
  10. 4 Spots for both Blacksmiths. Seems a bit excessive too? Dunno if bug or intented. But previously there were 2 blacksmith spots and 3 armorer spots for 2 different blacksmiths and 6 different armorers. Now it’s 4 spots for 2 and 1 spot for 6. Eh? Unlikely. My guess is more spots were about to be saved for armorers and now some spawns are screwed up unintentionally.
  11. I have not checked the database excessively, but why are there a gazillion Alchemist spots and Carpenter spots, but no T4 can spawn at any of them? Since Darfari got a new Alchemist, I thought perhaps this was part of the design. Votaries have every profession and are as strong, why not put RH up to par, right? Both are the endgame factions.

If this is all intentional, I made a post about that too. But I am willing to bet atleast parts of it are buggy.

1 Like

[Describe the bug here]

3. Since I knew most of the spawns I was testing from official play I was trying some of the spots that weren’t adressed in the latest update
  4. Some of those spawned as I expected and showed up the named thralls I knew from the past were there
  5. In New Asagarth, none of the Chieftains spawn for me anymore. Instead, the spot was occupied by a Nordheimer Fighter III every time.
  6. Every Nordheimer Priest I killed ended up getting replaced by another Rank II for ages. I couldn’t get a single III or Arch Priest (even on the Wardtowers). I got the Mini-Boss once.
1 Like

Chieftains from Asagarth 100% spawn is a bug, the change already change in TestLive few weeks ago

But I saw them NEVER. What’s the point in implementing them when 3 are combat thralls, and the chance for all of them combined is 0.00001ish%?^^

About the Chieftains…
Maybe this report can explain why the Chieftain spawn was changed again.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/100-spawn-for-t4s-cant-be-right/56147

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.