Thralls and Pets shouldn't need food to stay alive

One of the things that made me play less ark was being a dino baby sitter. It’s annoying to feed pets. I preorder Conan Exiles to avoid ark bs. Pets and thralls without food to survival should be a thing. Feeding should only add bonuses.

Whom suffers from food requiremens?

Answer: Small clans and Solo players

Whom benefits from food requirements?

Answer: Large Clans

1 Like

It’s really not much of an issue. You can spend a few minutes with a steel scythe and create enough gruel to keep 50 thralls alive for a week. Animals can live off of scraps that I’d normally just drop from my inventory when gathering resources. The only people it’ll be an issue for are the ones that log in twice a week for 2 minutes to keep their base from decaying.

I was extremely skeptical during the first iteration of this patch, as it was extremely broken and buggy, Now it’s on par with everything else on Live. The only big complaint you’ll see from the community is that the taming pens are too large and clip through foundations on slopes. There’s also the scary worst case scenario of old thralls dying or disappearing upon changeover to some of the new content.

3 Likes

Don’t like it? Then turn it off in the server settings as the option is there. Nobody is forcing you to play on official servers.

1 Like

Hell i just went into an imp cave to get crystal. Used an iron cleaver and walked out with 200 feral flesh. I can feed 40 thralls,

Is it wrong that im running around on a server looking at every abandoned thrall screaming DIE! or snickering as i think how they are all gonna starve to death at some point esp those non existent bases of 50 thralls or so floating in the air?

2 Likes

It’s seriously easy to feed them. I personally have 9 spiders, 10 reapers, a panther, a sabretooth, rocknose, and a gator and i only have to even check on them once a day if that. Hell, spend 30 minutes farming food and you could be good for days.

It annoying to feed pets and thralls.

What is this human ark now?

Feeding requires more tribemates.

It’s a HUGE deal to add feeding to thralls and pets.

Aplha tribes benefits yet again.

While solo and small tribes suffer.

Ark all over again.

You need food to tame pets and thralls.

Welcome to Conan the baby-sitter.

It still a waste of time. That 30 mins could be used harvest,boss battle or building.

It really isn’t a big deal. Hell, while you are out gathering stone or wood you just murder an animal/person you come across and butcher them Then drop that off when you drop off the other materials. You can even drop off excess fish from fish traps into the food trough or fill it with the unappetizing shellfish you cook for ichor.

I understand it seems like a mass undertaking requiring constant attention like ark but it really isnt. Something like 5 feral flesh holds and animal over for like 8 or 9 in game days.

Seriously, just grabbing stuff as you wander about quickly becomes unnecessary in short order because your thrall pot/trough gets so full so quick.

…I am aware. Thanks for completely ignoring my post though.

Once again, if you hate this feature so freaken much, turn, it, off. The option is there.

1 Like

Noobs and solos has it hard as of now.

I see easier raiding due to thralls and pet feeding requirement.

Big clans win again everyone.

Thralls feeding requirement cause it.

You’re not understanding. Big clans are OP because of Thrall feeding.

Thralls feeding adds another handicap to small clans and solo players.

Bigger clans can afford to hunt food. Smaller clans and solo players (Like me) can’t afford to hunt food for thralls.

Clearly the devs favor the bigger clans like ark does.

You only need to feed em once per 7 days. If it was how it was in the beginning people would agree, but now it’s more than manageable.

Yeah I need to agree with Palm here. The devs are not favoring big clans with this addition. Like Palm pointed out, big clans have more players to do things. More people means more gets done. So it’s just a natural part of having more people share the work.

I also stand by what I said earlier. It is not an issue at all to keep thralls and pets fed. You are screaming the end is near like you just saw a cloud in the sky for the first time. You need to experience it. Switch your client over to testlive and jump on a server. Don’t want to do that? Get a clan member to do it. If you just play solo then just change the feeding system to be brainless or shut it off (im honestly not sure what the options are) and move on.

This really isn’t the apocalypse.

1 Like

That all? That all your going to say?

Gruel is your answer.

Gruel spoils.

Did you know that?

Clearly you didn’t.

Bigger clans are favor.

Palm only said no and not correct. And gruel as a minor thing.

Anyone in a tribe has it easier than solo players. I have Zero allies. As in offline solo players are left to rot.

The devs once again favors tribes over solo players.

I don`t really see how much of a problem it is to feed thralls as I for one have lots of gruel to spare so like you said it can be turned off if needed though me I am going to try it out first to see how well it works.

So online solo players are to be abandon? Point proven.

Devs support clans only.