Thralls appear not to feed from thrall pot if they are on a higher level, such as a tower or upper story

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Oceania

In a scenario where you have a base with (for example) guard towers, and you have placed your thrall pots withing the base on the ground floor, thralls in the tower, or even on a second or third story above the ground, do not appear to refresh their food timers with food from the pots.

This means you have to go around to each thrall and give them food.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Fill base with thralls, thrall pots and place archers on walls/towers
  2. Fill the thrall pots with food to feed all your thralls for 6-7 days.
  3. Check the thralls placed at higher elevations, they will not have fed from the pot.

I do not know if this is caused by a particular base design, but I have a two story building with a walkway around the 2nd floor, this has half a dozen archers on guard. I also have guard towers around the perimeter of the base, each has one or two archers. Some of the thralls on the walkway do not refresh their food timers, neither do the archers in the towers.

1 Like

how big is the feed area, how may blocks?

approx 18 by 18 blocks, but the thralls that appear not to be getting food are within 4 blocks of the pots, I have 3 pots spaced out to cover the area.

Now this is odd, because I just checked, and some of the archers in towers are indeed getting food, and their timers are updating, but two of them well within range of the pots are not. I’m scratching my head over why this might be.

yeah, there’s definitely something wacky going on with the food pots, I have a named fighter thrall (Janos) literally standing next to the pot two squares away and his timer is on 4 days while all the other dudes around him are 6-7.

Not seeing what is happening here, wondering if certain structures or items block the path in some fashion. Crenellations? Stairs? Banners?

Hey Checo!

I checked in with the designers behind the feeding system and as far as they were aware it shouldn’t be possible to “block” the Thrall Pot. Were the guys near the Thrall Pot moved recently or were they just placed there fresh from your inventory?

They have not moved recently and were not placed there since the update. The thralls in the towers have been there since … well, weeks.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.