Thralls don't take XP during a Purge

Game mode: [Single-player-PC]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [SP]
Region: [Europe]

Before reporting this bug I searched the forum for similar situations, but I didn’t find any …

I recently survived a locust purge (lv5 purge) where 99% of my pets were exterminated and only my wolf (9lv) and two thrall dancers, which I had put as archers, survived.

Well, I thought I saw the survivors advance some level instead of nothing.
None of them gained XP from the purge.

I have installed the following mods:

• Exile Architet
  • RP Aesthetic
  • Cospirator Armor
  • CharEditLite
  • Pick Up+

Has anyone with the same mods installed had the same problem or is it a bug in the main game.
Do your thralls gain XP during the purge?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1.Prepare yourself for a Purge
2.Have a Purge
3.Survive with some thralls
4.No XP gained for the thralls

Thralls get XP only when they are actively following you, they do not get XP on their own. This is by design and not considered a bug, AFAIK.

3 Likes

Thanks, now everything is clear to me :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve recently experienced this for the positive; I have video footage of a locust purge on an official server where my follower levels up. Just for reference.

This confuses me …
So what Starwalker said:

it’s not true…
It would be nice to have a clarification on this @Ignasi :slightly_smiling_face:

In short, are the mods?
Help!

The short comment of @Barnes clearly contains

And as I see that does not in any way negate the reply from @Starwalker, that is rightfully marked as solution.

2 Likes

@Meo is correct. I made my response too complicated, probably because I was excited someone else finally reported a stinky ole locust purge. :smiley:

Because I was on official you can be sure there weren’t any mods. My follower who was actually following me leveled up several times during my last purge. So it could be that you didn’t have any of your followers on “Follow.”

Ah OK now I understand. I have marked the solution that is correct then.

It was brutal and merciless.
During the first two-three waves I lost a great rhinoceros, a great lion, a saber-tooth and a bear due to the poison of the locusts. All of them were full of good food. It was not enough.
The only one to survive among the pets was my 9lv wolf because between two waves I took it and closed it in the stable with the horses.
I have solved the last waves with two thralls dancers transformed for the occasion into archers.
We won, but the base suffered serious damage in addition to the loss of pets.
It was a lot of fun! :smiley: :skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.