Thralls/pets deal NO dmg unless you're close and looking

@Hugo
Thanks for the reply.

I assume it’s not working as intended, but are you going to fix it in the nearest future? For me that’s first priority…
I’ve learned to live with the other bugs, suicidal AI and the building… it sux to lose a thrall to lava in the volcano, but it’s way worse to lose it to a imp, shaleback or whatever walked by… simply because thralls take but dont deal damage when no player is close enough to hold hands…

I know you have a lot to work on… I just need to know if you’re looking to fix this, or don’t really care about this issue?..

Here is what I think the list of priorities should be like.
1- Damage system
2- AI
3- Animal meshes/mechanics (getting stuck in rhinos, dragon bosses, crocodile bosses, elephants and so on)
4- remaking the unnamed city (all the bosses are boring and needs to stand out from the rest)
5- remaking the rest of the dungeons

Atm most bosses are just bigger units with too much health… they all need to stand out from their smaller counterparts.

Im not a modder or anything so I got no clue how hard it is or how to fix these… Just think that this is what needs to be fixed. Then go on making new content, dlcs and such…

I also think that the whole thrall/pet system should be remade, along with player stats and perks. Atm the players are just playing support for the npcs we enslaved… lowering damage wont fix that, lowering health will just make the thralls useless…

1 Like

Sorry to revive this long dead thread. But I spotted this down the bottom of the page with the Suggested Topics list. I have had this issue for some time now, and have previously reported it. It is really frustrating, especially during a Purge. And there are times I worry if my guards will be safe and survive without my intervention on almost every scrape. I tried to upload a GIF, however the forum wont let us upload anything over 10mb, and they are both slightly over.

This has been ongoing. I tested this again tonight and from what I can see is it takes my thrall two full combo swings before damage starts to count against npc (in this case it was a scorpion world boss) my thrall was taking damage but my thrall could not damage the scorpion world boss until it started the third combo or if I was either really close or if I began to hit the scorpion world boss myself.

Yeah it has been on my game for a long time now Jelostas. I guess I got kind of accustomed to it, and stopped noticing. Because I didnt even think to follow it up until the topic suggestion prompted me. With any luck, there will be a fix for it packaged in the parity patch.

I can understand not having things execute outside of rendering distance to conserve system resources.
However, this needs to be symmetrical; either both pve enemies, and followers take damage outside rendering distance, or both dont.

I feel the concern for loss is legitimate, and hope the issue can be resolved.

This happened on my PC game, my thrall died just outside of my house fighting a damn imp. Either both should deal no damage to each other, or add some kind of option in settings that would increase the range.

I see this all the time on single-player PC. My thralls and pets won’t react to purge invaders at all unless I’m very close to them. And the purge don’t seem to register their existence either and just attack my buildings instead. Its basically pointless having a group of thralls to defend your base because they just won’t do it unless you’re right there to help.

1 Like

I can say that this issue is prevalent more in some situation then others too. I admin a private server and this has been a significant problem for our players. It is especially bad on Isle of Siptah where people have tried to build inside the storm area and defend it only for most of their thralls to not fight back against the enemies except where the small area around the player themselves. But I have also gotten a lot of complaints about the Wight enemies being some of the worst with thralls/pets not damaging Wights in particular unless you are very close to them. I have tested both of these and found them to be problems, which has encouraged most of the players to just ignore the storm and everything it offers and not even bother fighting some enemies that cause them problems. I do hope a fix for this is still in the works and some of the other thrall/pet concerns are addressed, if they are going to be so important to us doing things then they need to work.

3 Likes