"ThrallSideKick" - RIP? What to replace it with?

This was a great mod. Almost four years ago the authors stopped supporting it, but it worked! And we, its users, almost believed that it would work forever.
But, alas, everything comes to an end.
Yesterday’s update seems to end his story. You can now start the game only by unloading this mod. And it seems that this is now final.
I’ve been using it for three and a half years, and I’m so used to it that I can’t imagine playing without its benefits: extra leveling points, summoning thralls, and most importantly - instantly moving them to exactly the right place , which they remembered as their ‘home’.
Is there anything now that can replace it?

2 Likes

Damn that sad.

1 Like

For me it stopped working not long after it stopped being supported, but I still remember it fondly. Not really the same sort of thing (lacks the teleport home, as a key one), but you might be interested in ‘Thralls are alive’ (assuming it’s currently working) - last I checked it had links on the workshop page to some youTube videos going into the features in some detail. But basically it allows you to set up ‘beds’ (or pillows plus eg a Nemedian rug as a sleeping mat) for a bunch of your thralls, and then set them various routines during the day - training, patrolling, standing around - and they will perform their preset activities at the set times (eg you could have one thrall train during the day, patrol in the evening and sleep at night). Thralls can at least be summoned back to the bed they are bound to - not exactly the ‘go home’ option sidekick offered, but can at least summon them back from wherever. The mod also allows for setting up resource gathering, and even some relatively complex logistics chains, theoretically even possible to fully automate, but it would mean planning the logistics chains with care as thralls can’t actually turn workstations on, so the stations (eg furnace) would need to be running already. Like I say, the videos should make it more clear :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@DanQuixote , thanks for the info!

Alas.
Actually, I only need this, the bottom line…

3 Likes

Indeed - it is the feature I miss the most.

1 Like

Guys, is this mysticism or a miracle… now I tried it at random - the mod is back in the game!!!
True, I changed the loading order and put this mod second to last, but as far as I know, this has never played a role in such cases…
It could only be that some God of the Exiles listened to my lamentations and helped me!
I’m happy as an elephant. Like several elephants. Like a herd of elephants! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :upside_down_face:
Thanks to everyone who responded!

3 Likes

Happy for You Friend great to see some one has something working for them. Now if I could only sleep :zzz::sleeping:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.