TIME FOR A PUBLIC STATEMENT -The Reply

Oh, those? I can live with that change. I thought you were talking about bosses.

33% to drop in those chests. That’s not a testlive change. Since it was changed (as I’m told from a reliable source they were indeed 100% at one point in time), then it happened in another version. 2.1, 2.0, etc.

2 Likes

I see that people here write a lot, and there are very few solutions from their posts.
I’ll write in short, right on target.

I bought the whole game with all DLCs, played 442h.
I have collected some of the developer’s (Funkom) flaws, but I cannot put them here and show you! I want to show you how much work the developers didn’t put into Conan’s game!
But I realized that I bought the game stupidly. It would be better if I bought (Far Cry 6) and was sure that the game was done well, but in (Konan) I realized that they made money on me (Business) and everything is fine.

The solution to the problem is:

1. I delete the game and demand my money back.
  2. If the money is not returned to me, I will go to court.
  3. In (Steam) I will write a negative review for everyone about all the developers’ flaws in English.

If you all do this, the developers will make the game better!
And they will not make money on you so kind and naive.

After all, it was possible to correct mistakes and modify the game?
Yes, it was possible, but the developers created these DLCs instead of solving problems in the game! Money and more money, business …

Are you saying funcom is being greedy compared with ubisoft? :^ l

1 Like

I mean how much is done in the game and how much it should cost money.
Funkom does not justify its work at the expense of Konan.

10 is a decent price to play with all the DLCs, then I turn a blind eye to their problems. Eleon Game Studios, which makes the game Empyrion - Galactic Survival for 5-6 and at the beta stage already has a whole roof, tightness, indoor and outdoor temperature, turning light reflection on and off in graphics settings (bloom) or ubisoft, which makes quality games that I have no complaints about.
The game should be worth your money.

Conan may not be worth the money and should be in beta for bug fixes.
Otherwise, I see money laundering in Conan.

We aim to include everything, but in a layman readable format. If that means hundreds of changes, that’s fine. But it can’t be ambiguous, or code snippets.

Please note, I’m not saying lower priority in some link of the chain is what happened, or that it ever happens for test-live patch notes, only that it is something that could happen. I don’t think singling out a particular cause is a useful exercise. One should tighten (not cut) all the corners, and through that perform better in total.

You can’t. Which is why we want those to be complete. But they won’t always be perfect, and we ask that you treat any unlisted changes as bugs (and certainly not as us sneakily trying to tricky you) until stated otherwise. In extreme cases that will flood the forums with a bunch of reports, but that’s on us and we have to deal with it.

:handshake:

I think the main topics here have been addressed, so I won’t be following the thread as closely. Please do continue to share your feedback though, and we will work on improving all the processes on our end to address your concerns. As I said in an earlier post, it’s not like flicking a switch, but I hope you will notice improvements here and there as we go. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I think this suggestions category was designed for gameplay and game design suggestions and user feedback, interface, game theory, usability and convenience, and so forth.

I personally think that the whole topic of politics, money, and entrepreneurship and the entire fan expectations feelings should not be the topic here. I have wholeheartedly faith in the studio to do their best, and they have their reasoning.

I do not appreciate to talk about feelings of customers on such a level, I feel it takes away the attention from the topics of how this game can become better. Sure, nothing is perfect, but if you discuss a difference of opinions only because you evaluate each others behavior from an outside perspective and get judgemental on each other, where will be the progress for us, the gamers, who just want to play?

Please discuss this somehwere else if you have a problem with each other in person, i am already tired reading of claims against persons or coroporations for missbehaviour. All i am interested in as a fan and player, is talking about how to make the actual game better. For anything else, it is a private company and they can do what they like. If you give them your input, it is their choice how to process it, but they have a great interest in the best for everyone, and then, there is no need to argue.

We will see what happens!
Now, lets finally discuss again what changes to the gameplay could expand the interactive and roleplay and building gameplay value :slight_smile: Thralls, furniture, mounts, economy, fields, ships, mines, :slight_smile:

cheers

At least now we have someone from staff interacting and answering us.
This is very good.
The community has a lot of complaints, specially because of game breaking bugs and exploits (which a lot of game has), the bad pvp design choices and the lack of transparency and communication from developers.
This game is a masterpiece, with great potential.
But the dev team needs to pay more attention to the community. There are bugs since day one still working. We are addressing all of them everytime, but we don’t receive any answer about it. We never know if someone read it or not.
So as a player with almost 7.000 hours spent on pvp in this game, i thanks for your participation here.

4 Likes

Coming from a modder stand point in will say this I think the real issue is that they have someone lazy In the developer department making changes but not actually documenting the changes and getting the auto replay copy paste is not a good answer. Even if it fit the issue. I believe in funcom team to see that this backlash from us isnt the first nor the last because as I said before people invest in a product and when you fail to list even if it mistake own up to it and amen to it and prefix the list and answer before you have a melt down of people. Rule number 1 in anything is clear communication. I’ve already seen friends flat out disappeared because of pvp changes that went almost unnoticed and not asked about it. Kept it as like this weird secret project. Everyone I talked to hate the changes because it offer no compensation a buff in an area nope just more stuff that no one ask for. Hell I’m tired of the crafting system it is. It’s old outdated and clunky to use. I dont know why we have a blueprint item called recipe item … just examples that has useless coding attached

And it seems you were rightly so picked for your Job, =3

Thank you for all replies.

2 Likes

@seanaza01 If said posts are worded like yours, I don’t consider it censorship so much as taking out the trash. Folks should try putting a little bit of effort and respect into their messages; they might be surprised how often it is reciprocated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, I’ve seen the staff and moderators here leave plenty of rude and childish posts floating around for a lot longer than I would have if I ran this forum. So I think your suggestion that they’re hiding anything that’s mean is ignorant at best and dishonest at worst.

I will grant to you, however, that some of the features built into this forum software can cause a lot of confusion and misunderstanding, such as how anyone can flag posts and get them hidden - it would be easy to assume that staff members are responsible for that when often they haven’t even read the offending message yet.

6 Likes

They do.

And they also let many respectfully worded and constructively critical suggestion posts go unanswered, because the respectful and constructively critical posts don’t get a mass of responses by users and thus the Funcom staff ignore them.

Apparently, the only way to have anything taken seriously here is to behave in an inflammatory manner, get a ton of responses, and hope that some of those responses by others are constructively critical and are responded to my the staff.

1 Like

I don’t think inflammatory posts accumulate a critical mass of replies because the original post was inflammatory, but because something someone is angry about usually touches on a subject other players also feel strongly about. I don’t foresee any topics around here laden with colorful metaphors and Caps Lock wanting more dye colors suddenly getting 100 lengthy, detailed replies.

The game is 3 years old and still loaded with glitches and cheats that they obviously do not want to fix. Yet they keep changing the core game mechanics which is causing even more glitches and cheats.
When I have reported cheaters it has gone ignored. I paid money for a product. The product is broken.
Is this written to your approval?
I wouldn’t be an A-hole if I was not ignored time and time again

Indeed we are, and yet “we” recognise that:

1. it’s a game, not a democracy
  2. angry players on the internet are generally the least reputable source of information
  3. angry entitled players on the internet can very easily take the brutal fun out of the game for the rest of us (seriously, let’s say thralls using durability was intended, that would have been sick) and as we’ve now seen, completely derail cool stuff like an overhaul of the combat system
3 Likes

It would help immensely. In all communication, before communicating, one tends to think “will my communication achieve anything?” If the player base appears like a mob of raging lunatics or childish whiners, game developers may feel that whatever they say will have no (positive) effect whatsoever, and not bother to communicate. And based on what I’ve seen in many online communities in the past 18 years or so - they’re not entirely wrong, either. If a dev doesn’t communicate, they’re accused of not communicating. If a dev does communicate, the threads too often devolve into muck-throwing, dev-bashing contests.

This works both ways, of course. If players get the feeling that the devs don’t listen, they don’t feel like typing long, detailed, well-constructed feedback because they don’t believe it’d achieve anything. The difference being, whereas devs tend to remain silent, players tend to become louder. Unfortunately, neither reaction makes the other side more willing to try to reach out, so we’re in a vicious circle.

That’s why I advocate patience and calm, rational communication, even if it doesn’t seem to achieve anything. It’s the only way to build enough trust for the other side to eventually reach back. It’s not going to happen overnight, there’s too much bad blood and hostility dividing the devs from the players - but adding more hostility into the mix is not the solution.

9 Likes

I don’t see any devs commenting or replying anywhere on these forums. I honestly don’t even think they read here…so it doesn’t matter what we say. oh, and i wear women’s underwear in the shower but not on sunday because that’s the lord’s day and they’re satin panties.

edit: Also, dude, I just don’t think ‘how the devs feel’ should be so important here. It is part of the job requirement. A game company needs to communicate with the players or it ends up like this, like conan exiles.

…Read this thread a bit more…

4 Likes

You know, there are two staff posts in this very thread alone. Some people are so deeply stuck in their confirmation bias that they refuse to see the evidence if it hits them in the face.

And if the player base was more receptive to the communication, said communication would have better chances to succeed. At this point it doesn’t really matter what Funcom says because you ignore the dev posts in threads you reply to.

Successful communication depends on both parties.

5 Likes

Losing hope? :slight_smile:

1 Like