Time to fix the last one shot mechanic?

Been fighting enemy clan for a few months on various servers. They have usually 3-4 dedicated goomba players trying to squish us while we try to fight normally. We are better players than they are so we have beaten them everytime so far but they do get successful crushings on us. It does NOT feel good to out fight a group of players, try to grab their loot and get get 1 shot when we go to grab it. Leave it to funcom to reward players who arent good at tgeir game enough to fight properly. We obviously have our own people goomba stomping to counter them but they would prefer to fight properly.
This game is an absolute disaster right nkw and i have ZERO faith in thia new dev tream at this point. I wanted to give Dennis and the team a chance, i rrally did, but they havr been just as bad as their predecesors. Theyve lied about pay to win items on bazaar and BP, they dont patch bugs in a timely manner, infact introduce new bugs every time making the game even more unbarable. Anyone who doesnt hardcore PvP you probably wont understand these frustrations like PvPers, but this games bad now…really bad.

1 Like

Once i believed that if full encumbrance stopped from this game i’ll quit. Now i feel the exact opposite :rofl::rofl::rofl:. The game is too easy now, the inventory of the player can loose at least the half capacity. I know it’s not enough, but it’s a start.
About the elephant tower… I don’t care, all the times i killed someone like this on the past was clan mates :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I was constantly over encumbered in the base trying to organize the chests. Somebody had to do it!
If Funcom wishes, they can bring it to pve, so i will be able to kill npcs this way, and remove it from pvp.

Imagine this game with minors… Omg :person_facepalming:t3:. I am pretty sure most of the players that use this method are 12 year old boys… But i can’t prove it and i don’t want actually, no way!

2 Likes

Just remove the ability to double jump while over-encumbered…problem solved. You have to actually fall or drop on a person and therefore a bit harder to do.

9 Likes

No, it doesn’t. There are so many ways to fix this without crippling a useful and valid perk that many of us enjoy in PVE just because it’s being abused for cheap kills in PVP.

The limits are there. The stamina regen is awfully slow, you can’t ride, and your inventory slots are limited to 200 max (less than a full vault).

Stop asking for the nerf sledgehammer when a scalpel will do.

7 Likes

That would solve the issue

3 Likes

No…
All of the above are simply way too destructive for absolutely no good reason…

It’s really simple and I suggested this before :man_shrugging:

Keep everything as it is, but simply require the player to fall at least from 2 foundations high in order to do the one-shot damage… that’s all…

You might have some base defenders from higher ground jumping on you… and kudos to them for that… but it won’t be a “meta” and double-jump won’t mess with it either.

9 Likes

The usual…

And replace the tower of the elephant trophy for something better!

1 Like

Beast of Burden causes PVE issues as well, even more so than PVP. Its time for it to go.

I mean, it just arrived :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think it’s going anywhere.
If the devs wanted to get rid of it, they would’ve had the perfect opportunity with the attribute revamp, and by perfect, I mean it doesn’t ever get any more perfect than that, since they could’ve even gotten away with it because of the distraction window Age of Sorcery granted them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

[citation needed]

2 Likes

If you want to discuss the PVE aspects of this, make a thread about it. Don’t get another thread locked up for going off topic.

Hey, I’m not the one who’s claiming “it has to go” because of “PVE problems”. If you want to discuss it in a different topic because you don’t want to derail this one, that’s fine with me – make a topic and link it. The onus on putting some substance behind your claim is on you, not on me.

4 Likes

I think he means it’s contributing to overly large builds because it becomes much easier to farm a lot of resources.

Another valid solution

4 Likes

Just in general again. Look how ridiculous this mechanic is with lagg:

Fun fact: the white guy was the one overencumbered and had no double jump

4 Likes

Purely from a single player point of view, but I always found the double jump not fitting in conan.
I honestly would just replace it with something else.
It’s cartoonish, childish.

And while over-encumbered, now you swim VERY slow. WHY??? Water buoyancy makes you lighter! But climbing speed remained the same. WTF? It is easier to pull up 100kgs of stuff on a mountainside/wall, than swimming? The exact opposite is the logical, true one, not this. Yeah, I understand, jumping in water is an easier evasion, but this is unbalanced. Make the swim a bit slower, but the climb much much slower. Or make the character unable to climb over-encumbered (without the last perk at least).

1 Like

Yes - easy to solve issue but im not too optimistic knowing how funcom ‘fixes’ things and how much time it takes unfortunatelly. :confused:

I like your earlier suggestion precisely because it is pvp focused and only impacts pvp; it is also a non intrusive method to address what even I consider a novelty move. Naked people jumping on heads to kill people is admittedly silly for Conan as a brand to have any regular part in the pvp experience. Even if it wasn’t that common, its an attack style that isnt on brand… maybe it would be an easier sell to just disable goomba stomp with a toggle for pvp servers and then if privates or single player want it, they could still do it.

1 Like

Any fix that wouldn’t hut pve is fine. Its not hard to code, hope funcom fixes it in couple months. Yikes.

Well, its not a “bug” so the best you can probably expect is for it to get slotted into the next major update; probably won’t make it into a patch if I were a betting man. I do think though that this is a sound suggestion.

1 Like