Congratulations on your purchase! and welcome.
Once you have installed your game. Go into your internet settings for whatever platform you are currently playing and disconnect your System from the internet. Then launch the game (you can update it or not, but for my test run I chose to forego the 48gb update and it runs surprisingly smooth… I’m on Xbox One; In case you are wondering).
Next, create a Co-op/single player-offline game, and then customize the server during the difficulty Selection.
- set your experience rate
- Decrease Stamina consumption
- decrease food spoilage rates
- increase the Harvesting amounts
- increase the rate at which harvested materials re-spawn
The purpose for this is to:
- Get the lay out of the environment and explore freely, (find out which materials can be harvested from what plant or animal and learn where those flora and fauna are most abundant)
- learn how recipes, perk, and stats work for a better framework and goal for Online PvP/PvE play
- get a feel for the menus, both the inventory/stats menu, and the Radial Menu accessed by the left bumper (Xbox one) (hint, if a crafted item or food isn’t found in the former; Then, it is probably found in the latter).
Conan lacks a Tutorial. so Take a few hours or days to familiarize yourself before jumping into an online Server with Harder difficulties and higher death rates. It will be a less aggravating and smoother transition.
PS: Don’t mind the intro, its early here. and I wanted to sound… official… an Official newb is much more… prestigious