(guide) AO Tips

another place holder just in case

I can confirm this. I’ve camped highql Rhinoman armor a few times. And if you exclusively kill the warchief it’ll respawn every 2-3min or so iirc.

3 Likes

I add the Discord Link

Didn’t see it - ctrl+right click on an item in inventory to move it to the sell window.

Nice guide!
Wording on that sentence is a little strange. I think you mean’t that when the mob is hit often enough by mezz pet, right? Should perhaps add there that those mezzes have 100% chance to break when attacked by players/other pets so it’s a good idea to have mezz pet on different mob than what you are attacking.

No, original wording is correct. If you hit frequently enough - you will not break the mezz. It’s a “feature” :wink:

But symbiants are not for froob guide :slight_smile:

1 Like

NICE! APPLAUSE!

Yeah, the editing/formatting here is a bit lame. I never did get an answer about the character limit in a post. I’d been using “==================” to separate sections on the old forum and got “you can only have xx characters per post”-- think it was 25k. What was even more annoying was that the color/bold/ital tags counted against the limit.

Thanks alot for the feedback. It’s also fun how you can see who added what part to the guide, by looking at the comments :).

I believe it’s 50% Strength, 50% Agility.

Also a tip for Fixers:

Shift T to tradeskill:
Lock Pick (from ICC Tech Supply Terminal)
+
Nano Programming Interface (from Basic ICC Engineering Supplies Terminal)
=
NCU Hacker Interface (Best Fixer item eva)

I believe some Break&Entering skill is needed to assemble. Once completed, right click it to bump up the QL to match your level. (Don’t forget to keep increasing it when getting more levels later.)

1 Like

This is amazing that someone cared enough to take that amount of time and compile some really interesting secrets, some of these have been held close to the vest for decade, lol, in fact I’m pretty sure there was only a handful of us that knew of a few. VERY good job, epic initiative, and thanks for helping :slight_smile:

should add that nano damage is affected by + damage modifiers, so for froob nt, stacking add damage is amazing for aoe kiting or using candycane. Especially since there is a lack of good NT armor compared to paid.

Holy moly what a good guide, only just found it now.

1 Like

You can get Tutoring Expertise in a graft from the Den Smuggler Broker.

This thread is great, thanks for making it :heart: Very nice work.

First off.
Best. Froob. Guide. Since. Forever. And that says a lot (hahnsoo nods in agreement.)

Do any of the froobable MP mezz pets partially reset the mobs hate list? Even if nano effect description doesn’t mention it? I’m reasonably sure it does partially reset hate. I’ve learned the hard way while crawling dungeons and missions.

The following commentary is addressed to the current state of the game - froobs are typically forced to do a lot of soloing - or box two characters with a froob ally boxing two characters. We don’t play with well balanced full teams composed of individual gamers.

Single target mezz-stun versus AoE crowd control.

Generally speaking the last thing we want to happen is the combat target’s hate list getting altered after we enter combat; we want that hate focused on the Engie’s pet with the MP attack pet one step down the hate list. If the MP/Engie mind their own damage output then the heal pet will be third on the hate list - since it’s healing is focused on the engineer’s robotic pet.

If the MP focuses the mezz pet on the current combat target? The mob, after getting mezz-stunned, will usually attack the MP’s heal pet, kill it, and then either move back up the the hate list, or with equal probability, randomly hit the MP or Engie; disregarding melee range proximity. We’ve all seen that happen - the mob will ping-pong between targets.

If the team finds itself surrounded by hostile mobs then the engie should be spamming blind and the MP mezz-stunning blind resistant mobs - the MP really shouldn’t be mezzing the combat target.

Southern Foul Hills: Anvian Commanders for Nano Targeting Helper, Rings of Essence and Miy’s Tank Armor.

Three Static Missions at Sentinels Outpost Mort. The lowest level static mission building for Level 90-128ish Rhinoman Armor.

Drill Dentists along the southern wall Belial Forest drop loads of MIY’s Scary. Low level Drills in Milky Way at the Ship Crash Site.

Medusa are misandrists and, unless provoked, never attack female characters This behavior extends into RK missions. Very useful when scouting for pulls in DAV and EFP.

1 Like

Congratulations for all this informations, this is real usefull.

I’ve got questions about… general relativity.
I’m sure Hercules" Olympic Pills are ingame, i bought them from someone and it was not expensive (box in SL probably). But what about Einstein’s Mind Booster Cocktail ? We can see on gmi a BO for one cocktail : 300m, this is real expensive. Is it still ingame ? Or is it like a pionneer backpack which disapear after use (I won’t farm it in this case) ?

Have fun !

Missions.

RK Missions: Rubi-Ka Mission Settings 101
CRU missions: https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/alien-invasion/quests-guides/cru-missions-quests
Daily Missions: https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/classic-ao/gameplay-guides-6/daily-missions-3

Mission terminals: https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/classic-ao/gameplay-guides-6/how-to-pull-a-mission

Pulling monsters: [Mission] Mob pulling , New Way

Froob can use CRU to top up controllers to 100% - and by doing so force AI city raids for loot. CRU mission chests, crates, boxes and crashed android drop far more NCU than RK missions per opened chest etc. I farmed them for experience and QL161+ NCU’s.

s

Where do Einstein’s Mind Booster Cocktail and Hercules Olympic Pills drop? Or do I tradeskill them?

I don’t think einsteins is in-game.
Hercule pills drop from new inferno mission I believe. rare drop