(Guide) IP distribution

I think people are over-reacting. After scanning through the skills, most of them are right. You don’t want to be maxing concealment or duck exp most of the time.

The main thing I disagree with is the 3 abilities in the list (Str/Stam/Psychic), is this implying you should always max intelligence, agility and sense? Because that would be pretty ridiculous.

I think all abilities should be considered based upon whether you use any skills that are dependant on the ability.

1 Like

I’ll give you a piece of advice regarding guide writing and technique which I came to the hard way (and am still struggling with). Drop the lists in favor of a prose driven casual narrative/story style.

Psychic : Really useless in the beginning of the game. You can still raise your Nano pool a fair bit even without any psychic, since raising sense+intel+stamina will also let you raise Nano pool a bit.

To properly explain the Psychic Skill may require anywhere from three or six paragraphs of text alone, plus supporting examples and screenshots. For example; progression server players may want to use Jobe ADDALLDEF clusters at level 60 or 70- which is possible if the Jobe cluster implant is precisely QL100. And not only is it possible to do so, it may be the best choice for a progression server newbie. The catch being? Some Jobe imps require a fairly high Psychic skill to install depending on the cluster they’re paired with. There are many way to build a game character. One doesn’t need to be a veteran or credit rich to engage in increasing the performance of a game character. Newbies are only newbies until they are more fully informed - even if that information is limited to a few brief sentences/ descriptions

More in a bit. Hold your response until i’m finished!!

Carloss2’s comment may have been harsh and undiplomatic; he’s been creating guides and you’ll benifit from a rethink on how you are presenting information. Just take you’r lumps, reformat and try again.

Sorry but this is not a good guide for froobs. Imagine the MA that have no points in Brawl… the Enfo that have no points in stamina… the list goes on and on… I dont like to sound negative, but sadly, I dont think it’s possible to make a guide like this

3 Likes

comments on this thread show most players lack game knowledge. Thanks for making the guide, poisonorochi. It’s unfortunate that most people are incapable of weighing cost vs effect.

The other thing people are misunderstanding: This is a guide to low-benefit IP sinks and how to avoid them. There is no skill that is 100% useless in anarchy online (except maybe riposte or adventuring), but certain IP sinks are just not worth prioritizing.

• I have added more specific information about the usefulness of certain abilities as Mongoose135 said.
  • Elaborated on psychic in particular as Higain said.
  • Added the usefulness of brawl to people using MA like Gimpeline said.
  • Added comment about the list being designed for lower level ip problems like hungrygamer said.
  • sort of agree with hungrygamer although i also think Caloss2 has been very helpfull in making user friendly guides for the AO community, and gets a big hug nonetheless.
  • Could use some more tips/feedback/hate on the main guide though, ((Tips) (Froob) Froob tips -still in progress-)
2 Likes

The guide is vastly better now than were it started back in March.

Yea i do have a tendency to generalize and think in absolutes, with little regard for exeptions. And have bit of trouble explaining my underlying thought process, but i have now wrote more specifically about “abilities” and in what exact situations they are worth raising.

All credit to you @PoisonOrochi for taking on feedback and making changes to improve the original post.

1 Like

Like Caloss2 said :slight_smile: :+1: Sorry haven’t got time to answer for your last mention :slight_smile: And it seems others have said good points alrdy :slight_smile: