To those of you who say that nothing ever disappears in this game

Let the workstations go, I have replaced that particular part of my base 8 counted times every day. After the 8th attempt the next day it miraculously didnt collapse so I was dumb enough to think that maybe that last 8th time was the charm and I somehow without knowing folowed some hidden illuminati ritual or some crap and it will stay that way. So I’ve placed the benches.
I repeat. There were no benches before the last replacing attempt. None. Just empty shell of a base.
I repeat again for those with disabilities. The base had 0 stations next to a wall or anything else first 7 days i had to replace the pillars and the ceilings.

Clearly you’re wrong, else what they are supporting would remain there after a reboot.

Stability does have issues and doesn’t always report back correctly. I have had this same issue with some sloping walls, 100% stability, then 0% on reboot. There was an issue with my build, just as there is with yours.

1 Like

If I was wrong I would’nt be able to a - build that base in the first place, b - replace the pillars and the ceilings that fell apart every single day. Because, you know, you cant place ceilings if there is no stability.
Clearly you miss the whole point.

Just try to build from the Bottom to the Top, not around.

2 Likes

Done that, didn’t help. I’ve tried every one of your-so-obvious methods. If I didn’t I wouldn’t be here pointing out yet another flaw in this game’s design.

I haven’t missed anything mate, I recognise there are issues with the building mechanics and stability and how the direction of a foundations affects items higher up. All sorts of bugs and player designs cause issues.

2 Likes

In the picture you are showing, there is a pillar on the edge of a ceeling piece, this is not possible if you build from bottom to top.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, mate, but the time traveling machine has not been invented yet and I can’t go back in time to make a screenshot of my previous design from 6 days ago that was falling apart as well.

Please, do continue pointing out obvious things.

You know, we are trying to help you and just point out what cause the crumble of your base, with the information you have given to us.
Its not our fault the system works like this, dont blame us.

4 Likes

I do not blame. Neither do I need help from players, when it is obviously Funcom fail design team’s fault.
I do appreciate your willingness to share your valuable thoughts, though, but just imagine, if you were in my place wouldn’t you try literally everything to figure out wtf is going on or whether it is your own fault that causes the issue?
I figured out that I am faulty of trying not to build a boring square-box base despite knowing that funcom will limit me with their incompetence.

Fair enough, PM them the devs then instead of using a public forum.

6 Likes

I want it to be public, so people would know that there are issues, and they are present after years of development, and that they are left in the game after the release and they will continue to exist despite all the efforts from them to push more game-improving… money-grab paid DLC’s that introduce even more issues to the game.
/sarcasm off.

1 Like

I was in your place and i figuere out that the way i was building was not supported by the system (I had have literally the same problems like you), and i have figure out what causes the crumble, and redesigned my building.
So your building style is not quiet compatible with the system.

3 Likes

Your second photo appears to depict pillars built in violation of Hyborian Building Code 1D. If pillars are not on the inside of a block (dead center), the server may determine they are invalid and remove any tiles being supported by them.

To achieve this effect one must place pillars through the lip of a staircase. This is often done for aesthetic reasons. Thus it cannot be relied upon for proper building.

4 Likes

This thread has taken a recent nose-dive. While we’re fine with civilized discourse (it’s literally the forum software we use!), getting at each other’s throats and slinging insults doesn’t really help anyone. Performing some cleanup in the thread.

1 Like

Yes you can do this, add a stair at the end off the porch (facing down), an add a pillar, then you can remove the stair. Now when the Pillar reaches the ground (maybe put another one under the first one) it will stay in the game properlly. If it touches a ceeling, it could be removed after a restart, but not necessarily. You can try to continue the pillar below the ceeling, but its needs contact with the ground, not a foundation or anything else.

2 Likes

It can be done, but it can be a pain. In my experience with such builds, even if the pillar descends to the soil, it can sometimes be pruned for whatever reason. I have had the best success in non-spongy soil (I think you know what I mean – it’s not peekable) that is dead flat.

I used to use pillars as archer slits for conventional doorways. Then every third reboot, several would be gone, and my thralls would be dead. Sometimes the server permits more flexibility with squares than triangles; if you begin “snowflaking” your stairs out diagonally you will achieve inconsistent results. With squares only, I suspect you’ll achieve that desirable Aquilonian feel.

The benefit on PVP servers is you can put in a pillar that keeps people from passing through your doorway. Then after reboot they can pass again. It was a pretty reliable method of traffic control, recently.

1 Like