Todays Patch Not Enough

I don’t know if you’ve tried this on TL, but once I hit the first Authoritay Perk my thrall started to draw aggro very consistently. I’m finding Blunts much more useful this way.

2 Likes

snoop-dogg-peace-9tfseznqw0kow9ec1

On a more serious note, I don’t quite understand what’s happening in what you described. It sounds like you have to stop shooting blunted arrows and wait for your stamina to regenerate, and while you’re waiting your target stops aggroing you and goes back to its leash spot to recover.

Did I understand that correctly? If that’s the case, I think it’s on purpose, because they want players to stop cheesing the AI. If you climb an unreachable spot and your enemy has no ranged attack, it makes no sense for them to stand there and let you shoot them indefinitely.

2 Likes

Thanks Codemage, I needed that…

Edit: let me see if i canput it in steps as everyone seems to be having trouble understanding.

1. Character is 60, full points in authority
  2. Equip thrall with steel truncheon with blunt impact fitting
  3. Identify desired high end target, for simplicity lets go zerk because of the reliable spawn and no BAF (other than the occasional blue skelly) - visialize that small cliff lined area it roams in.
  4. Engage targer with blunt arrows. 30 to 40 (without any other concussive modifiers but authority maxed) and the zerks concious bar is about a third down.
  5. At this point the target is down to 1/2 concious and your weaker thrall is probably dead as youve been kiting and its been tanking with trunchion (this is exactly how i lost lvl 13 Mei). The target may or may not chase you but at this point it basically returns to its start (even if only a few game feet away) and is full concious and its health is whatever you’ve currently warn it down too.
  6. If you chased it with the truncheon it turns to fight you. If you keep popping it with arrows its concious bar repeats after the earlier rinse and the damage continues destroy its health.
  7. At this point its a race (whether with truncheon or blunts) to see if it dies before you do. With both the mountaineer named barer and Mei they succumbed with a sliver of life and went on the wheel.
  8. So far the cimmerians (zerk and dalinsia) merely (in my mind) smirk and walk away only to quickly return and engage rhe death match
  9. No captures of those NPC’s thru a variety of approaches (mixed or unmixed trucheon, kiting standing toe to toe with wraps and pots as needed, etc)
  10. Maybe I’m just dense, but its the “return to start” and disengage to return full that seems to do it everytime.
  11. I am lazy and would happily perch on a rock etc for an easy contest; but ive gotten pissed enough to go to ground and try the different variants i can figure out. The only thing i havent tried is the concussive food.
  12. But I’m convinced its the early return instead of continued engagement thats triggering the reset and making this broken.
  13. Sorry for typos etc but on my phone on break.
1 Like

Yeah see, it used to be the exact opposite prior to 3.0. They would run back and their HP would refill right away but their concussive damage would refill very slowly allowing you to bring them low, let them reset while you heal, and then go back and fight them again while they were already half knocked out or more. Now, you need to KO them the first time or risk losing them. Problem I’ve seen, as an example, at noob river your truncheon will KO a T1, T2 or T3 thrall no problem. A few swings and it’s on the ground, HP relatively intact. The T4 thralls on noob river however are more likely to die from your truncheon than actually get knocked out and without being able to reset their HP like you used to they are damned near impossible to actually get now. Not that they are actually good thralls, but that’s hardly the point.

1 Like

This whole phenomenon @ViulfR is referring to must be limited to Exiled Lads map because I have KO’d at least a half dozen named accursed fighters at The Loon (on Siptah) without any issue what so ever. That or, maybe it’s limited to just the Berserkers? :man_shrugging:

Stopped TL, server was a hot mess, and as much as single player is there to “test”, not really a good lithmus test on pvp functionality, which is all i care about tbh.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

The guaranteed spawn of the Berserker in the water at the Mounds of the Dead will occasionally just teleport/blip back to it’s spawn point. At least in SP.

Last I looked into it, and I’m pretty sure it still more or less works this way, Steam downloads the patch, makes a copy of the game files, moves the patch files into the copy, and moves the copy back into the game folder. So while a patch for example may only be 50 MB or so, you could very well end up needing 40 or 50 GB or more of free space, depending on how the game is put together.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.