Too bright storms

That is exactly the one I mean. I will do more testing to see if it is the same with other storms.

I agree, it definitely isn’t being caused by mods (its been reported numerous times by players on official servers), but it doesn’t seem that Funcom is willing to acknowledge that its a problem with the base game, so it probably won’t ever be fixed. Thats all I’m saying.

Just like how all the ugly new lighting in the Exiled Lands will never be reversed as well (although that was presumably intentional).

2 Likes

Thankfully it doesn’t last long, a brief inconvenience soon after login. I’d find it quite annoying if it kept happening throughout a session.

This happens to me every time I log in. After a minute or two, a fake storm rolls through and I have to wait a few minutes for it to pass because my screen is all but completely white. A fake storm on the client side has been happening since basically Riders of Hyboria came out. This is an official server on PC. I thought this was on their list of things to fix. It needs to be fixed.

1 Like

The developers have blinders on. I believe I’ve been experiencing this for over a year now every time of log in on PS4. Also I get the random storm that doesn’t blind nor damages me so many hours ingame too.

1 Like

Has not a thing to do with mods, I play Official PVE-C and get this occasionally still. I have been getting it since 2.2.

2 Likes

It’s time to turn off the storms until this can be resolved in my opinion. They are only relevant for the first few hours of game play. I can understand that the rain can’t be fixed indoors up north. But I know there was a time when the sand storms weren’t a problem. Burning my retina every time I log in isn’t fun anymore.

2 Likes

Best thing is, there is a
Sandstorm Fix by hades
that still works perfect since it’s release.
Maybe he is a wizard/witcher or warlock or somesuch… :smiley:

Funcom is aware of this.

Well I suppose you could take that approach, or you could assume there is a reason its not fixed yet.

Oh i get it too on Xbox one.
sandstorm a’comin
No matter if inside or out…its like a flash bang…
blinding light
:dizzy_face:

Wish I could apply this to Officials!

Mentioned above:

Last I read, they said that they couldn’t reproduce the bug on their end (Funcom’s) and were trying to pin it on mods. So I wouldn’t hold out hope for a fix if I were you.

If both statements are true, the next question for me is what can be done about this if the devs are aware but are unable to actually fix it? Will this just linger until the last server is shut down? I sincerely hope not. These are the types of bugs that during a launch of a AAA title game will garner giant negative reviews and will trash the launch - like Cyberpunk. While it may seem like a some what trivial bug to some, it’s one that affects players, like me, who live in the desert and log in every day. It’s just a daily reminder that there are things that are broken in game and only makes the other bugs or even features, like AI that is not responsive a little more aggravating. Or when mechanics change dramatically after a patch but the storm is still rolling through. My gut reaction is “ugh, still broken. Just fix it already.” For new players who start off in a sand storm area, this is their first impression of the game. I’m sure it’s a reaction of utter confusion. Had a new player on the server yesterday in global chat talking to his/her clan, but half the conversation was talking about why his screen was ‘washed out’ and if she/he had to turn down the gamma, etc. I’m not making this up and I am assuming it was due to the storm.

What I just wrote about my experience has a splash of hyperbole, but it is getting tiresome to have to wait for a bugged storm to pass - every single login, sometimes multiple times a day.

1 Like

You can be aware of and observer it and still have difficulty “reproducing it”. The bright storm isn’t every storm; its just some of them.

100% understand that some of the storms are real. I understand that there are difficulties reproducing it. I also understand that this is a common issue among users that have no problems reproducing it and that it goes back over a year at this point. Just a quick search on sandstorm bug goes back to the Blood and Sand patch in early 2020. There are numerous posts about it.

Example: https://forums.funcom.com/t/fake-sandstorms-on-every-login/104384

So the question is, can sand storms simply be turned off using the server settings until it can be reproduced and fixed? What are next steps? Or is it prioritized so low that it will be a thing when the last server is shut down?

Plenty of discussion about server-side, client-side de-sync or hearsay from different players making plausible explanations about it. There’s even a mod someone posted in this thread that fixes it on private servers? It really seems odd that after year the devs can’t reproduce it.

No te preocupes en PC a día de hoy continua igual 2.4 el problema es que siptah abarca la atencion de los desarolladores al 100$ digo 100% … y conan exile deja ya de ser Beta test. y pasar a ser Old…

Unless of course they have something planned for the storm and dont want to just fix it…

Sure, and in the meantime can it be disabled until they can overhaul it? This is the main point of questioning and adding to this conversation.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.