TopConanServers & Server Promotion

To the server owners out there; have you had any luck with TopConanServers? Is it worth the time, effort, and possibly money?

What have been the best methods for promoting your server, so far? Social media? Ranking sites? Forums? Discord?

1 Like

Which region? I think TopConanServers is not really popular for the EU region. I know I would probably go to discord if I am looking for a server. Why? Because I can get more info easily and I can “vet” the admin by the way they interract with people.

2 Likes

I’m in the U.S. Do you browse Discord when looking for servers or are you finding links to their Discord servers elsewhere?

Most of the PC servers are modded. If I am interested in a specific mod, I will go in their discord first, they usually have channels for ads of servers running that mod. Then there is the unofficial discord which is where new people usually end up sooner or later.

2 Likes

I see. So it’s a good idea to make sure a server is listed on the Discords of any mods it has installed.

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of that before, to be honest. We advertise in every manner possible so we use the various mods’ Discords, as already mentioned. We obviously use the forums as well and we throw one out to a FB group too. Oddly enough, it’s the FB ad that seems to pull in the most, at least initially. Retention is a whole 'nother thing!

Diversify as much as possible is the take home message. First server I played on I found the ad on an Amino group that was virtually a ghost town, and it was a great server.

3 Likes

I’ve never even heard of that before, to be honest. We advertise in every manner possible so we use the various mods’ Discords, as already mentioned. We obviously use the forums as well and we throw one out to a FB group too. Oddly enough, it’s the FB ad that seems to pull in the most, at least initially. Retention is a whole 'nother thing!
Diversify as much as possible is the take home message. First server I played on I found the ad on an Amino group that was virtually a ghost town, and it was a great server.

This, TBH. We run servers for Conan, Rust, Valheim, some other stuff as interest waxes and wanes. The trick for us seems to be saturation–though we don’t typically pay for anything other than the FB ads, and even then, I think they only do as much as simply posting to different FB Conan groups.

1 Like

I think it’s just one group on FB that the wife posts to. I’m not even certain what it’s called lol.
Update: Looked into the TopConan site and decided to give it a run. As you said, it’s all about that saturation.

2 Likes