Transfer system is terrible

The fact a whole clans can transfer in with all the materials to raid people has started to push me away from this game a lot. I can’t see a reason to continue this playing this game because I don’t have 8+ people that can play Conan 5 hours everyday, and have absolutely no way to defend against a whole clan kitted up. Not to mention how many people have alt accounts for transferring more…

It’s different when a clan or player has built up and had to grind those resources on that server. The only fix to I can see is disable transferring entirely, or doable transferring with any items.

5 Likes

Most users on the forums agree with you (for the most part). There’s another thread that has some good posts regarding this topic, and I’ll link one of my own posts in it here for your convenience.

The only ways around this, currently, are to play on private servers or single player. It’s a major complaint from a lot of players at the moment, myself included

2 Likes

Agreed, transfer is not the way we was expecting to visit Sipath. And it introduced all those problems on the game.

1 Like

If that’s the case, then they could just… shut them down. Like, Funcom, if you want to shut them down, just do it. You don’t have to piss off your players with this Among Us style of fingerpointing and blame games. You can just… ya’know… shut them down.

If we’re wrong and this isn’t the direction you want to go, then please listen to your playerbase.

2 Likes

The PRC mentality is the slow burn, not the quick nuke. That is the big difference between the wests instant gratification mentality and the easts generational planning mentality.

1 Like

The transfer system is terrible. It should always have been envisioned and implemented as server travel, I don’t know why they thought transfer was any kind of good idea, especially since as everyone has discovered the current implementation equates to free travel for clan members and the shaft for solo players.

1 Like

Let me ask you what would you do if a clan of 8 started on your server fresh? Started grinding out materials/bombs and thralls. All it’s really doing is speeding up the process. It’s always been a numbers game so what really is the difference?

No offense, but pvp might not be for you!

The difference is in time. If a clan of 8 pops into my server, we sit up and take notice. If we notice them flying through the levels, we start scouting for them. In the olden days, we would have the time to do so. Now, unless you check the player list every 10 minutes during raid hours, you’ll miss the 8 boxes of nukes delivered to your doorstep.

The worst part of the current transfer system is that it rewards this Locust style of gameplay because they show up, blow up your stuff, and then sift through the remains to take your most valuable possessions and then port it back home.

2 Likes

The difference is that your loot stays on this server so you have a chance to get it back. You may have alliances on that server that will help you keep that specific clan at bay. They may bodyvault but if they don´t have the possibility to transfer they will need to set up a permanent sort of base. They do not simply vanish from that server with your loot one hour after raidtime ended. They will leaving a footprint on that server. They can be tracked and raided back. this is the important part. This is why people play pvp. To have nice fights, to have the possibility to raid back, to track your enemie down so they then again have a reason to come back to you. Not playing the pináta and farmbot simulator for coward lowlifes. Sorry to say it that way, but for me it is exactly what this people are. And Funcom is to blame that they let people go on with this crap.

1 Like

I guess I agree… maybe a longer cool down would help or it would just make people hide until the cool down is done. I guess the easiest solution would be limit how much dragonpowder can be transferred or just don’t allow it to be transferred. My clan doesn’t play this way so I haven’t run into the issue. When we want to transfer to a server we go with exactly what we need to build a base and pop a bubble day1. So playing like we do I can not complain because it is very fun. The argument can go both ways because if we aren’t allowed to transfer anything then you run into the scared clans that will just wipe you in sandstone. In the end only the strong will survive in the ever changing world of Conan. Adapt or die

I mean it took years for them to patch porked thralls and horses so I wouldn’t expect a fast fix on this

1 Like

The transfer part does not bother me. I end up killing them eventually. The issue is when they rage they start to report. Been on server for 3 years with no issues with all the clans I help but strangers tend to lash out more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.