Travel between siptah and exiled lands in single player mode?

Not trying to be an A hole here, and most definitely not a programmer by a longshot…but it will be extremely unfair to have all the online modes benefit from transferring characters to and between the two maps and leave single player out of the mix.

I would go so far as to say if the feature cannot accommodate ALL game modes including single player, it cannot be released until everyone can equally benefit from the feature no matter your preferred game mode.

4 Likes

Thankyou for responding to our grave concerns Ignasis. I genuinely cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate the transparency on this issue.

Did they not realise that Singleplayer is offline…? Or did they not consider that we should be able to do this solely from one offline map to the other? (I.e.: EL ← → IoS) Singleplayers arent wannabe online players. We play this way for a reason. And even more concerning is the fact that noone felt it necessary to be upfont that this feature was never under consideration for our mode. Right or wrong, this just feels like a horrible oversight to me.

I am not going to speak for all members here, but that would be 110%, no no…wait, make that 250% fine with me! I dont play on official servers for a reason; they just do not appeal to me, and are not suitable for my gaming capabilities.

Please do it. We should have the same rights and access to content and features as other modes. We dont want to be treated as a lesser class of people.

4 Likes

Thanyou very much my friend. :metal: This shock revelation really has me rattled, and your solidarity on this issue means more than you will ever know.

4 Likes

Always a pleasure my Battle Brother! :metal: :smiling_imp:

Was quite a shock for me too. I do play online where I admin or help admin a private server, official servers will probably never see me due to high ping and foundation spam :rofl:

But seriously, once the guys have had their Conan injection they leave and I am usually left alone not nearly done yet. So I play ALLOT of single player and was so looking forward to take my character to conquer the Isle of Siptah and bring back the sweet A$$ looking dragon armors!

1 Like

Honour my kin. :smiling_imp: :metal:

Oh aye! And I was looking foward to a light and medium set of blackened silent leigon armors, the ‘faceless’ look of the new Zath helmet, and the new Slave Armors for my captive dirtbags.

2 Likes

So this is probably going to be my last quip in this thread, as its most important points have been addressed above. But I just wanted to add a couple of clarifications to some topics mentioned in the thread.

Nobody is treated as a “lesser class of people”. This claim is wild and very heartbreaking to read. Hyperbolic or not, it’s something that has come up twice and I wanted to address it. Please, even if as a matter of speech, do not use this wording.

Just to reiterate, game balance is not the reason for the lack of implementation of this feature for single player. More on that on my last paragraphs below.

This, along with the notion of considering single players as “lesser” leads me to believe that the scope and intention of this feature is being misinterpreted. I believe some of the conclussions reached when considering this a stab to single player are based on the assumption this feature is a kind of free (as in, at any time), back and forth, seamless method of transportation between maps.

This feature is not a free-travel portal between one map and another at any moments notice. It requires an exchange of credentials between two servers or databases, where some limited data is transferred thanks to the use of an intermediary, in this case a cloud-based server that handles the information transaction. That is, there is an exchange between two game servers where a character ID, along with some datatable values are shared thanks to a third data server. The game was not made with multi-map traveling in mind, so we had to find the better alternative in order to allow some sort of transfer of characters without incurring into data losses or corruption of data. Even at the moment of this writing, there is active work done on this feature even for online play, where our team is trying to squeeze the feature to its utmost to see how much information during this transfer can be feasibly shared. This is why there is not a proper full announcement for this feature, other than the patchnotes mention. This is an actively worked feature, even on its original, limited scope, at this very moment.

So, as a final note to my addressing the concerns, please let me ask you all to wait until we release the announcement of this feature with all its details, limitations and ways to access it before making any assumptions.

Once again, thank you all for the suggestion and feedback shared. It is being evaluated as we speak as we agree this would be a great QoL addition to single player and listen servers (co-op) worth the try to modify the server transfer tools so they can be used in other modes than online. We do love you, single-player Exiles, which is why we will do our best to make this happen if we find a way to do so.

11 Likes

Thank you so much for the in depth response man. I really appreciate it. Your responses are truly a relief to know you are aware of the concerns we have and actively trying to accommodate.

I really do hope you guys find a solution with less effort than expected and greater results than anticipated.
I will try and curb my excitement and be patient.

May the gods bless your code and may your axes strike true!

:metal: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

If it will ever be possible to implement map transfer for single-player, could you please consider adding an option of transfering a character to a custom map as well?

2 Likes

I’m a little blown away that

1. This is being considered a difficult thing to implement
  2. No one in the modding community has already done it

An offline database copy tool should be able to achieve this quite easily, or am I missing something? Copy character and inventory, set location to valid coords for the destination map, done? Of course the “copy inventory” step would remove the inventory items from the source while copying them to the target.

1 Like

Im glad my topic is getting some great attention! My reasons for being a single player now are the same as Croms_Faithful . No need for me to say anything more on that lol. I appreciate Ignasis for letting the devs know what alot of us are looking for. Thank you all for the support of this idea. We all love this game and just want to playing!

3 Likes

That is quite alright Ignasis. I understand that you had work to do, and matters to attend to. Furthermore, we cannot sustain such back and forth interactions indefinately. You have already provided tremendous clarification and insight here, and we really do appreciate that gesture.

I can empathise with your feelings here, as they largely mirrored my own. When I first found out that we were not getting this feature on Singleplayer (*before you clarified the rationale and intentions to try and make it happen) my heart sank. I felt bitter, hurt and frustrated that every other mode aside from ours was getting this amazing feature. And I could not comprehend why we were the only ones who were not getting transfers. So while there was some element of hyperbole present, it was overwhelmingly a genuine perception on my part.

BUT…the time you have taken here to reach out to us and explain the situation has brought my perspective back around.

Thankyou for communicating to us how this feature would work ‘under the hood’, and for conveying the challenges which the team are up against.

I will. Now that I have an understanding of what the team is up against and the rationale behind this decision, I am only too happy to do so. Ignasis you and myself have had a long history here on the forum, one which has been overwhelmingly good and productive. And having both arrived at the same time, many of our earliest interactions here were with each other. Including our discussions on that feature which shall not be named here [not sure if you know what Im referring too, so let me just say the specifics are ‘classified’ and for that matter also ‘redacted’]. I have no reason to doubt your word or your information.

So instead like Necro I will be patient, and hope that fortune will be kind to the team and allow them to ace the heck out of this challenge; easier than anticipated, and with less effort and complications than expected. Good luck peoples!

These are the take home points which I have both understood and taken onboard. And thankyou Ignasis and developers for trying to make this work for us!

Aye, and we love you guys too. And we definately love Conan Exiles; that is why we keep coming back! :heart: And rather than just saying it, allow me to prove it. Just look at a sample of how long just some of us here in this thread have been around now.

• Lexior1: joined Mar 17, 2018
  • Ko6ka: joined 16 Jul, 2018
  • Bodin: joined Mar 18, 2018
  • Vattende: joined May 30, 2018
  • Necro: joined Dec 4, 2018
  • Croms_Faithful: joined Dec 9, 2018

We are some of your most loyal clientelle and devotees, and that will not change anytime soon. We love the game and we believe in Funcom. Heck there is well over 15 years worth of loyal customer support and combined playtime in that small Singleplayer sample from this thread alone! When you consider the wider overall population sample, these figures become staggering.

Thanks again Ignasis, and I wish our developers every success.

5 Likes

Fellow single player here.

I haven’t played for about 6 months, yet have really been looking forward to the transfer feature ever since it was announced. I’ve basically been waiting for it to start playing again.

I didn’t consider that it might not be implemented for single player (I thought it might be implemented in a way I didn’t like, but it didn’t occur to me that not at all was a possibility). I wish Funcom had mentioned this sooner - I’ve been reading all the updates but only occasionally check the forums and so only chanced across this revelation thanks to this thread.

Ouch.

So, given this situation. I’ve resolved to start a new game regardless, rather than wait & hope for something that may come later or never. Using admin to ‘roleplay’ map transfer, I’ve figured out how to ‘transfer’ levels & emotes but my google-fu has let me down when it comes to admin-ing in recipes… in particular the ones discovered in the world - eg the cooking recipes, religions, tools/armor/weapon recipes, mountaineer etc.

Could anyone shed some light on how to do this, or if it is in fact possible?

Well, if Funcom is thinking of server transfers as “permanent” (losing everything left behind), then it makes sense that you don’t want it in single player. I was thinking more of a portal concept, jumping from one map to another, and thus, it was disappointing to miss out on that. But as a “permanent” move, yeah, I’d rather keep the ability to play both maps even if that means two separate characters in single player.

2 Likes

Agree completely. I can’t see why for a single player environment, where I have games saves of both maps, that I would have to destroy one to move over to another. Something like this could open up excursions to other maps from modders as well.

1 Like

Single player offline travel POC

So I just did a POC of character travel from Siptah to Exiled Lands because some things were bothering me:

1. Funcrom hemming and hawing about the complexity and feasibility of this, though I shouldn’t be surprised considering how badly they have fumbled every single update since I started playing (2.1, 2.2, 2.3), especially thrall AI.
  2. I’m still kinda surprised the modding community hasn’t met this obvious and simple need
  3. I’d rather be playing the game, but while 2.1 and 2.2 steadily made things worse, the current state of thralls thanks to 2.3 has made the game unplayable

This is a proof of concept, not a working solution. I am not a modder, I’ve never seen the devkit, I am not even a database programmer. But I successfully brought my character mostly intact from Siptah to the Exiled Lands.

Steps to follow if you want to try this yourself:

1. Back up your savegame databases!
  2. Have a Siptah savegame with at least a little progress so that you have a character and some inventory to transfer
  3. Have an Exiled Lands savegame - the character and its inventory will be wiped (buildings should remain intact, but I didn’t test)
  4. Save the code below in the same folder as your savegame files, e.g. travel
  5. With the game not running run this: sqlite3 DLC_Siptah.db < travel (assuming you saved the file with the name travel)
  6. Launch your Exiled Lands savegame and enjoy running around with your Siptah character!
create table travel(key text, value);
.open game.db
.output travel.sql
.mode insert travel
select 'destination_char_id', id from characters where playerId = 1;
.open DLC_Siptah.db
.read travel.sql
.open game.db
delete from properties where object_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
delete from item_properties where owner_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
delete from item_inventory where owner_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
delete from character_stats where char_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
delete from characters where playerId = 1;
.open DLC_Siptah.db
.binary on
.mode insert characters
.output travel.sql
select
	playerId,
	(select value from travel where key = 'destination_char_id'),
	char_name,
	level,
	rank,
	guild,
	isAlive,
	killerName,
	lastTimeOnline,
	killerId,
	lastServerTimeOnline
from characters where playerId = 1;
.open game.db
.read travel.sql
.open DLC_Siptah.db
.mode insert character_stats
select
	stat_type,
	stat_id,
	stat_value
from character_stats where char_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
.open game.db
.read travel.sql
.open DLC_Siptah.db
.mode insert item_inventory
select
	item_id,
	inv_type,
	template_id,
	data
from item_inventory where owner_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
.open game.db
.read travel.sql
.open DLC_Siptah.db
.mode insert item_properties
select
	item_id,
	inv_type,
	name,
	value
from item_properties where owner_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
.open game.db
.read travel.sql
.open DLC_Siptah.db
.mode insert properties
select
	name,
	value
from properties where object_id = (select id from characters where playerId = 1);
.open game.db
.read travel.sql

For me this copied my Siptah char to Exiled Lands with appearance, attributes, and inventory, but not feats. I’m sure someone who understands the game data better could fix that issue. And someone with more time could make this a robust, anytime travel back and forth functionality - I don’t even play single player myself.

1 Like

Somebody did make a map transfer mod. I’ll be sure to tell that mod author how all their struggles are silly and how it’s so “simple” to do though.

2 Likes

What, Amunet’s Server Transfer? That’s some great work, props to the author. I may come off as a real maskhole, but it’s because I love the game and I’m sick of how Funcrom treats it. But I have only respect and appreciation for the modding community, including you. I’m just honestly curious why no one has done this - I’m not aware of a mod that handles travel for single player games, if you are please share as there are many in this thread interested in it. I’m not trying to diss the modding community, in fact I really hope someone else will take this concept and run with it since I’m not inclined to, a lot of people want it, and we can’t rely on Funcrom to do it.

Well there’s Siptah Portal To Exiled Lands.

1 Like

Not possible to allow both? As in one savegame linking both maps & a separate save on either/both maps. Mikey’s toolbox used to be able to manage multiple saves pretty handily, perhaps Funcom is capable of something more.

Anyways, anyone know if it’s possible to admin yourself discovery recipes (& if so, how) to workaround SP ‘transfer’?

*Edit - typo/clarity.

That was largely how I conceptualised it too Bodin. And I am now holding out hope that we wil end up with something akin to this. Csn anyone recall if we could jump to other servers on the same tier? For example PvP ← → PvP or for that matter PvE ← → PvE?

Robarbarian you could always hold off for a bit and see how the chips fall. I know that I will. The take home message Ignasis reinforced left me with hope:

2 Likes