Truncheon does not register agro on targets

Attacking a target with a truncheon (iron or Szeth’s is what I used) did not register as a combat hit and they ignored me until I knocked them out. Other nearby thralls responded and attacked as normal.

This is actually a design change that happened ( i think) last year. The truncheons do not do any damage to the target and therefore since no damage, no aggro. However witnesses will view it as an attack and will aggro on you.

So what happens is a comical exchange where you are bashing a person’s head to try to knock them out and they ignore you. The witnesses to your crime step up and defend the poor victim and only when you defend yourself from the witnesses will the original target agro on you.

More. If you are trying to kite your victim into an area that is less populated, get a stone weapon and tap them with it before switching to the truncheon

Greetings @TaurosElan ,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us, but could you please use the given Bug Report Template?

This template has most of the information we need to start investigating and will make the process a lot quicker for everyone :smile:

Please, add a video as well where we can verify the reported behavior.

You can find it here: NEW Bug Report Template

Thanks in advance!

1 Like