Turn some placeables into storage containers

It would be great if we could use some of the existing placeables as general purpose storage containers:

• Aquilonian vanity table
  • barrel
  • small barrel
  • tavern counter

Additionally, some placeables could work as storage containers whose contents are limited to certain kinds of items:

• ale keg
  • food trough
  • wine basket
  • wine shelf
15 Likes

That would be great to see as part of the core game - one of the key reasons I use mods is for variety of storage, it gets boring having a bunch of identical chests everytwhere (and they don’t always exactly make sense for the contents…). I’d also like to add some of the pottery jars to that list (great for storing things like ichor or toxin glands :wink: ). As you suggest, there’s no need for additional storage options to be new items - many of the existing placeables are things that might naturally be expected to function as storage.

3 Likes

The Cabinets in Sunken city have been on my list as wants for sometime now =/

4 Likes

Being able to use barrels and kegs I would love, particularly if they can each only hold a single item, so that when we perform a Give All, it places only the corresponding item into them.

Tavern Counters though…

From having used tavern counters with storage before (Savage Steel), I’d strongly recommend against it. Having storage in a tall placeable that you want to place other decor atop or Thralls/Thespians behind means that you will frequently find yourself accessing the wrong inventory when standing in front near it. That was a huge source of frustration for me in the public “Sin Hole” tavern I made on our Exiled Lands server. I eventually went back to using the base game tavern pieces as a result simply to have ones where storage interaction was always popping up.

4 Likes

The tavern counters from Savage Steel are exactly what I was thinking of and what I find myself missing. I would love to have them in the base game.

Just having them work as inventory containers doesn’t mean everyone has to use their storage space :wink:

1 Like

I have used the planters with live plants in them for storage. Bunch a group up to hide the one’s storing items

1 Like

If they have the ability to be used as storage, then they’ll still have the interaction effect when you press E. That’s the entire problem, the targetting system in the game is pretty bad at distinguishing what you’re trying to interact with when there’s a lot of potential interaction targets in front of you. It’s the same reason you’ll end up picking up a piece of stone or grass when trying to give commands to your follower, or deleting the wrong thrall when they are in close proximity.

1 Like

I picture back to when my horse and gazelle are stuck on me on incline… and trying click open spot… and keep opening gazelles inventory instead of “Go”

I put my Cabinets in a IIIIIIIIII along a wall. And even then, since camera is off center on ps4.
I can be standing in front of #3, but it’ll open #2 cause of were my character is standing of to side…

But hey, clicking a corpse dead center? and opening map for 9000th time… ya… wtf

3 Likes

Seems a cool idea ! Why should we not have different sizess and shapes for storage !

2 Likes

This is a great idea.

1 Like

Adding gameplay value and depth! yes, please if possible. Also, seems to only reuse existing concepts. Balance can be kept if the space inside is small. Also nice to hide things, roleplay etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.