Twitch gaming show.. (excited? , i am already)

Thats some really “big announcement” …

1 Like

If you were honestly expecting more than a release date announcement and maybe a little fluff, you only have yourself to blame. There were literally zero indicators that there would be anything other than the release date.

As for what was announced, which I didn’t see so I’m just going off of what other’s have reported:

Release date: Great. Doesn’t mean a whole lot other than being a milestone, but still good news. Particularly for those on console.

Twitch Drops: Kinda curious how that’s gonna work. Not big on Twitch though. I prefer playing games to watching people play them while thanking people for subs and whatnot.

Microsoft Gamepass: Bleh. I suppose that’s good for people who choose to go that route, but my taste for subscription services has greatly soured over the years.

2 Likes

i love this! more decayed bases!!!

where can i watch the video? sorry i missed it

Step one, link your game account with your Twitch account.

Step two, watch a streamer who is streaming that game.

Step three, at some point during the stream, a “drop” will occur.

That’s all there is to it. Drops are typically something like a free lootbox for games that have lootboxes. Sometimes they have Twitch exclusive items like a mount or something you can only get from twitch drops.

2 Likes

You can watch the Siptah retrospective and release date trailer here: Conan Exiles: Isle of Siptah - New and enhanced - YouTube

Once the TwitchGaming broadcast is over we can link you the full VOD with the time our segment started, and hopefully it won’t drop a full 7-ad break in the middle of it :kappa:

4 Likes

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/mission-based-drops?language=en_US
Conan Exiles will participate in the Twitch Drops system, with exclusive armor and placeable sets :slight_smile:

6 Likes

for you! !! i love news! and the release will bring a lot of new players and of course, new life to exiles.

BTW @Community since siptah is coming out. before it fix the thralls getting stuck in building pieces… i would consider this a critical fix , (i am sure you want people to provide good feedback!) its a really nasty bug that breaks inmersion, and sometimes takes ages to teleport back to you…

An Xplanation… Xbox live $12.99/month to play online. Xbox live ultimate $14.99/month play online an includes game pass. Gamepass is a list of games available to play without purchasing. So basicly i pay an extra $2 a month and get to play a bunch of games without having to buy them works for both Xbox and windows PC. When Conan comes to game pass i will finally be able to play it on my new PC without having to pay for it again.

I’m one of those cranky old “get off my lawn” people who have never used Twitch before. I literally created my Twitch account to watch this, because I didn’t want to wait for it to land on YouTube.

As a Twitch n00b, I didn’t find anything out of the ordinary here, it was the same thing I would expect on regular TV. What I found interesting was the chat:

1. A horde of people (or maybe a small vocal group) hopped on and spammed about Conan Exiles, complaining about “bait and switch” and “clickbait”, until Dennis and Scott appeared.
  2. Then they proceeded to complain about Dennis, Scott, the game, and just about everything else you can think of, until the Conan segment ended.
  3. And then they complained about the lack of news before leaving.

Is this normal behavior on Twitch in general, or was it just Conan players? :smiley:

4 Likes

Don’t know if you can answer this yet, but does that mean armor and placeables that you cannot normally unlock in game or through dlc?

4 Likes

ekhem

Yes, these drops are not currently available in game or in any paid DLC at the moment, and have been created for the purpose of this campaign.

3 Likes

How will that work with consoles?

2 Likes

Par for the course on Twitch sadly…

1 Like

will be recipes or just the items?

any chance you can show us the new placeables? you know, to make me feel the urge of linking my conan account to twitch?

No, that’s pretty much the modern gaming community as a whole now. I’m not entirely sure what happened, but people in general have just gotten…well…insane would be the simplest and least offensive way to describe it. I mean, you know something has gone horribly wrong with society when voice actors are receiving death threats for something that the character did.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to reward the players for playing the game instead of watching others play it ?! Login rewards through the launcher would been a much better idea for exclusive rewards. :thinking:

3 Likes

The same way as with PC. We will release more information on how to link your accounts and unlock the content once the campaign starts. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@ignasis, with this news now out, any word with the character transfer and thrall cap? is this coming with the launch of siptah too?

i did not heard anything about it , on the trailer…

Should give it a shot. RP streams in Conan are sometimes REALLY good. Also they are great for me cause it helps me spot bugs in my mods :stuck_out_tongue:

That was awful ya. But to clarify, Funcom wasn’t hosting the stream. Which means, that was all Twitch who has the buttons to push ads.

Twitch owes Funcom an apology for that, which I hope they have done behind the scenes.

Regular twitch streams with various streamers? No, Twitch communities are usually pretty positive (unless the streamer enjoys sand bagging the game they are playing, which some do, but not many).

But in terms of Funcom streams? Ya, Twitch/YouTube chat is unbearable.

2 Likes